Skincare Companies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaute

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks.

I am looking for an affordable skincare line to start-up with. I have been looking into Eve Taylor, Gerads, Solutions by Hive, Chi by Salonsystem and Skincode.

Has anyone used any of these above brands and what have you thought of them?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Hi fellow geeks.

I am looking for an affordable skincare line to start-up with. I have been looking into Eve Taylor, Gerads, Solutions by Hive, Chi by Salonsystem and Skincode.

Has anyone used any of these above brands and what have you thought of them?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.
I started up with Susan Molyneux,( we used some of their products at college) which cost about £500 for a starter kit. There stuff is based on pure plant and and fruit ingredients and have no artificial ingredients and they smell fab. They are a very small company and when I went for my training with them we met the chemist and he showed us how the products were made. Great range of about 6 facials and they have good therapist support. Look them up on the web for more info. I still use their products although I also use a anti ageing range of skin care called Environ which is based on vitamin A, which is the way skincare is going now.

I use Skintruth by Beauty Express Beauty Express or Locall 0845 702 3803 (Get a catalogue anyway - there's loadsa stuff you'll love.)
Skintruth is nicely packaged, inexpensive and have a great range of products. They do a 1 or 2 day facial course through Salon services and talk you through the range. I also use the hand scrub for manicures . No minimum order and the gauze face masks smell lovely (and expensive ! ). Clients love it and I've been getting great comments on it.
Don't rate the Tantruth too much though ! Still prefer Fake Bake

I use Skintruth by Beauty Express Beauty Express or Locall 0845 702 3803 (Get a catalogue anyway - there's loadsa stuff you'll love.)
Skintruth is nicely packaged, inexpensive and have a great range of products. They do a 1 or 2 day facial course through Salon services and talk you through the range. I also use the hand scrub for manicures . No minimum order and the gauze face masks smell lovely (and expensive ! ). Clients love it and I've been getting great comments on it.

Angela,

do you use Skintruth for your whole facial range, or do you use a more expensive facial range too?

thanks

Hi sweet , if i were you i would choose CHI . Its a really affordable range and the products are so beautiful. Based on the green tea extract CHI will help your clients to feel the orient and to give body and sould a truley unique experience. A facial with CHI is like a facial in the far east , i love it , its gorge morge !!!!!!

Hi sweet , if i were you i would choose CHI . Its a really affordable range and the products are so beautiful. Based on the green tea extract CHI will help your clients to feel the orient and to give body and sould a truley unique experience. A facial with CHI is like a facial in the far east , i love it , its gorge morge !!!!!!
Not heard of CHI,can you tell us more please?

Hi babsann CHI is the skin care range from salon systems check it out
xx

hi,
I also use skin truth, I used it in college also and i have had good feedback off customers. I think it really depends on how much you are charging for your treatments and how much you are willing to pay for your products. skin truth are quite inexpensive but i find good quality. obviously there are better products out there if you are willing to pay for them. hthx

Thank you for your replies.

Roughly how much do you charge for facials and also do you retail products and if so, how much do you charge (Salon System and SkinTruth).

Thank you for your replies.

Roughly how much do you charge for facials and also do you retail products and if so, how much do you charge (Salon System and SkinTruth).

I charge £20 for full facial (inc. cleanse, deep cleanse, exfoliate, steam, extraction, massage, mask, tone, moisturise)

It all depends on your area though too. What do you peops think of that price?

I think that the price is very resonable. Facials in my area range from £20 for a mini facial (Cleanse, tone, moisturise) and upto £45-£50 for a prescriptive facial (cleanse, deep cleanse, steam/extraction, mask, tone and moisturise/massage) also salon brands reflect the prices in my area.

Latest posts

Back