Skip beauty NVQ1

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollyxxxo

Reaction score
Hi lovely ladies :)

Is it possible to skip level 1 Beauty and go straight to level 2 (I have my maths and English gcse?)

Thanks in advance

Assuming you're over 18 then it's possible. However, it's dependent on the college admissions criteria as they tend to vary from college to college and on the aptitude of the student so it's always worth contacting their admissions dept. to ask.

Hi,
Yes there is no problem with starting beauty at level 2 after GCSEs (age 16 +)
Speaking from my own experience as an ex- curriculum co-ordinator for beauty, our college would say that:
  • No GCSEs - start at level 1 (success at this then gives entry to level 2)
  • 4 x grade Cs (or equivalent) - start at level 2

Every student was considered as an individual so school reports sometimes affected the starting point - eg - low attendance at school / behaviour & anger management issues -start at level 1 and see if they prove themselves!

It shouldn't actually matter what your english and maths grades are as you will be put in for either GCSE or functional skills alongside your beauty qualification.

Some courses might start you off on level 1, (september to christmas), then if you are good you complete the year at level 2.
If not showing promise, you finish with a level 1 certificate.

Wow thanks for the detailed responses.

That's great news

Xxxx

If a college insists on you doing level 1, insist on doing level 2 or go elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back