Sky hd box

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
I am wanting to get hubby sky hd for xmas :)Rang sky who informed me that it would cost over £200 plus installation:eek: They then said we can do it for £169 plus installation if you subscribe to sky broadband, multi room and sky talk :rolleyes:I dont want and cant afford all of these each month I just want a sky hd box. So does anyone have an unused sky hd box or know of anywhere else that I could get one for a lot lot cheaper???

try them again babe i negotiated with them and got the hd box in may/june time this year and paid about £150 and i did not have to pay or subscribe to anything else !

kx

I am wanting to get hubby sky hd for xmas :)Rang sky who informed me that it would cost over £200 plus installation:eek: They then said we can do it for £169 plus installation if you subscribe to sky broadband, multi room and sky talk :rolleyes:I dont want and cant afford all of these each month I just want a sky hd box. So does anyone have an unused sky hd box or know of anywhere else that I could get one for a lot lot cheaper???

i agree hun, ive always found with sky if you ring back and speak to a different person, you will get different offers, plus anytime we've asked for something like upgrade on box or sky plus or multiroom etc, we always say "oh well its too much, we might just swap to cable/virgin etc" and they suddenly have better offers for us

try hun, youve nothing to lose
xxxxx

We had the same problem hon, if you already have sky installed and when you call back they won't give you a better deal tell them you want to cancel, they will put you through to the customer sevices/cancellation department who are then authorised to offer you much better deals to stay with them, we were initially offered sky+ for 150 when we said it was too much and we wanted to canel we were offered it for 49!

It's worth a try, Sam x

i agree hun, ive always found with sky if you ring back and speak to a different person, you will get different offers, plus anytime we've asked for something like upgrade on box or sky plus or multiroom etc, we always say "oh well its too much, we might just swap to cable/virgin etc" and they suddenly have better offers for us

try hun, youve nothing to lose
xxxxx
I have not found Sky to be helpful or anything other than ruddy money grabbers tbh.

I had sky installed again when I moved house in May.afterwards it was brought to my attention by a friend that for what I paid and a little extra I could've had Sky plus.So I called Sky and said why didn't anyone suggest this to me when I moved house??It would've been helpful for their sales team to have advised me as Sky plus is so much better.

They said a mumbled sorry but not much they could do about it now:eek:So I asked them if they could do a free installation and just charge me for box(considering I have only just had an installation and paid I think it was £65.00 approx)

No,no no,I got passed from pillar to post,nobody was interested.I told them I have been with Sky for about 8 yrs but still nothing,spoke to about 6 different people and threatened to leave them for some other provider and they wouldn't budge an inch.

Called them a few days later and was told the same,so for me speaking to numerous people about my plight got me zilch and Im still with the money grabbers.

If it were down to me I would'nt bother it's just for the kids and hubby like the Sports channels.I rarely watch the TV at all.

Sammylou I dont know who you spoke to to get your deal but he/she must have been having a good day cause I certainly didn't get offered anything like that.Maybe I should keep trying eh!!!

I have actually found their customer service to be rubbish I have rang about 5 times over the last few days and been transfered from scotland to India with my calls lol They will only offer me a better price if I subscribe to sky talk, multirooms and their own broadband :eek:Which I dont want or need. I said I would cancel but still they wouldnt budge on the price. So I did some hunting via the internet and found that comet could do the box for £99 if I took just the sky talk with it which is a better deal than sky could offer. Ii rang sky back to see if they could match this price and they said NO:eek:this was a special rate for business to sell on ffs Oh stupid is that:irked:So its comet who are dealing with my box now :)

Latest posts

Back