Sky HD satellite question - please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
I live in South Africa, which has a very limited analogue Satellite service. Now here’s my question. If I purchase a Sky HD Satellite set-top box out the UK, can I use it here? I know of a guy who brought his satellite box back from Taiwan, had the dish pointed into the right direction and is now watching all his favourite channels. Does the Sky HD Satellite set-top box use a type of card, can I use a standard dish, what type of LMB do I use? Please, any help will be greatly appreciated!:)

How about you phone SKY? I can't see it working because we pay for the channels that we choose to have.

You're not supposed to be viewing Sky outside of the UK as they don't have permission to broadcast.
That doesn't stop people getting the required satellite dishes and managing to get a signal from the satellite footprints though!

I know that they're starting to crack down on people in Spain who pay for Sky packages in the UK from a false address, friends of ours have recently lost their package and there's not much they can do about it without starting over from scratch.

Phoning Sky isn't an option because you're not supposed to be viewing outside of the UK.

hth's a bit.

Sat next to a home cinema geek ,(sky hd the lot), the man from delmonte says No way....foot print doesnt go outside Europe:cry:

Sat next to a home cinema geek ,(sky hd the lot), the man from delmonte says No way....foot print doesnt go outside Europe:cry:

hi all. thank you all so much for the help. one question what is a footprint?

I will have a word with the sky geek:)

Latest posts

Back