Slate grey again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olive293

Reaction score
i know the grey has been discussed time and time again but I haven't the time to read through scenarios, sorry :(
I have a strand test of a client who is naturally a 5 and box colours her hair to a 4.
I started off kind with blondor and 20 for a good 45 minutes.
Only got to an 8 so went for the kill with 30 vol and managed to get it to a 9. I'm literally gobsmacked at how well her hair has held out. But I can't take it any higher, and of course she isn't going to achieve the 'silver' she asked for.
So any suggestions to send it to a dark slate grey? I use wella, but happy to pop to the wholesalers for something else! Thank you!

Has anyone used 22/0 and 10/0?

Has anyone used 22/0 and 10/0?
I use wella too!! :), I had a bad experience with the 22/0 and 10/0 business lol, but have you looked at Illumina 6/19? Or could now be 6/16 I would mix with some 7/81 and use pastel :) did this on a gent a few months back and it was lovely!!

Your not going to get a clean grey result unless you apply on to a clean 10 or tone to a white to start with

Your not going to get a clean grey result unless you apply on to a clean 10 or tone to a white to start with
Unless the result you wanted to achieve was darker than a 10? , as I've done plenty of greys on hair prelightened to level 8? , just depends in the desired results

Well your going to have some yellow left at a base of an 8 and if you use a blue ash your going to get a really mucky greeny tinged grey?

I know on my hair on the very underneath section some of the pieces I didn't get a clean white on them and they look mucky? I would never do a client grey, no matter how dark I was taking it, unless I could get them to a clean level 10/white beforehand but that's just me with my clients.

Well your going to have some yellow left at a base of an 8 and if you use a blue ash your going to get a really mucky greeny tinged grey?

I know on my hair on the very underneath section some of the pieces I didn't get a clean white on them and they look mucky? I would never do a client grey, no matter how dark I was taking it, unless I could get them to a clean level 10/white beforehand but that's just me with my clients.
I see your point, but if there was yellow, I wouldn't just use blue or green, I'd use predominantly violet, to counteract the yellow, and then add the blue or green to get the grey. What did you use on your hair? ,

From being so dark and full of colour I was surprised at how clean the level 9 was. She just really wants the colour on mid lengths and ends and is happy with any kind of contrast.
Ronray what happened with the 22/0 and 10?

From being so dark and full of colour I was surprised at how clean the level 9 was. She just really wants the colour on mid lengths and ends and is happy with any kind of contrast.
Ronray what happened with the 22/0 and 10?
If it was me I'd go in with colour touch 8/81 with 1.9 % leave 20 mins , which will give you a pale silver / white colour with maybe a green tinge, but then I'd go over it with 8/69 Illumina + pastel and leave for 20 mins, which will give you a silver grey tone, without the green and no yellow undertones :) when I used the 22/0 and 10/0 it grabbed as soon as I started applying, but was mire like a navy grey, I didn't even bother trying to apply to the rest of the hair as I knew the first section was already way too blue and too dark, so I had to cleanse it out and then did the above and it was stunning!! Hope this helps :)

If it was me I'd go in with colour touch 8/81 with 1.9 % leave 20 mins , which will give you a pale silver / white colour with maybe a green tinge, but then I'd go over it with 8/69 Illumina + pastel and leave for 20 mins, which will give you a silver grey tone, without the green and no yellow undertones :) when I used the 22/0 and 10/0 it grabbed as soon as I started applying, but was mire like a navy grey, I didn't even bother trying to apply to the rest of the hair as I knew the first section was already way too blue and too dark, so I had to cleanse it out and then did the above and it was stunning!! Hope this helps :)
I did actually try 8/81 and it went a surprisingly nice colour
I've put so many concoctions on this strand and it still looks a beautiful tone. Wella is too good lol!

I did actually try 8/81 and it went a surprisingly nice colour
I've put so many concoctions on this strand and it still looks a beautiful tone. Wella is too good lol!
I will give the illumina a go though, thank you

I did this today, on pale yellow hair. What I nearly always use for grey....igora Royal,8-11 X
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459968995.841703.jpg

Latest posts

Back