Sleep in rapid/express tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley Blakemore

The Beauty Room
Reaction score
I had a client tonight ask me about tanning and I told her about the express tan but she said she wanted it really dark so could she sleep in it!? I think she was a bit confused as she's only ever had the 8 hour tan...my question is could you sleep in it, does it matter to the colour? I don't know why anyone would prefer the 8 hour tan over the express because I can't stand sleeping with tan on but I didn't have the answer to her question, I just told her she could wash it off after 3-4 hours and it obviously develops over night. But it got me thinking...I had visions of her looking like that lady from there's something about Mary if she slept in express tan all night lol, or does it get to a maximum colour and stops developing!? I do have other % but just hate not having the answer for the express

With the Lauren's way Solution 60 i use i have slept in it but i never went really dark i would say max 12% it does keep developing afte you wash it off but no darker than 12%

Oh i deffo prefer an 8 hour tan than a rapid one. I worry that I am not going to be dark enough so always sleep in it. Yes, it just develops to the % and then won't develop further xx

I had a similar experience where I applied a 2 hour wash'n wear tan and my client wanted to sleep in it to become very very dark. I just said that the tan is recommended to be left on for 3-4 hours max and that I couldn't guarantee the outcome/result if she left in on for longer than that. For customers like that it's probably best to have a tanning solution that has to be left on for longer than a rapid tan.

Rapid/express tan can over-process if left on too long. I use MoroccanTan and wanted to see if this was true as i was getting asked by my clients if they could leave it on longer. I left it on over night and it was patchy and didn't last as long as usual.

Great thanks for the replies, just what I was after! I have st Tropez express so if I wanted a darker 8 hour which % would you all recommend?

Leaving an express tan on for longer than 4 hours will be drying to the skin (hence why Gee would have had the patchy results). But as others have said it would be pointless sleeping in the tan as after 4 hours the tan has developed to its peak.
I personally prefer my regular formulas (8 hour tans) too ;)

Latest posts

Back