Sleep or lack of it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I used to be a very heavy sleeper, you could hold a rave in my bedroom and if I was asleep I would sleep through it.

Since I've had my son (13 years ago) I don't think I've slept through the night without either waking up, snoring and waking myself up or having to go to the loo.

I try to stop drinking coffee at tea time, and don't have anything with caffeine in after that time.

I've tried taking Night Rescue Remedy to remove unwanted thoughts but am still tossing and turning.

I must sleep in EVERY position throughout the night.

I've also got Paul McKenna's kit for "I can make you sleep".

I would consider taking anything herbal but not strong medication, so what do you suggest?

I used to be a very heavy sleeper, you could hold a rave in my bedroom and if I was asleep I would sleep through it.

Since I've had my son (13 years ago) I don't think I've slept through the night without either waking up, snoring and waking myself up or having to go to the loo.

I try to stop drinking coffee at tea time, and don't have anything with caffeine in after that time.

I've tried taking Night Rescue Remedy to remove unwanted thoughts but am still tossing and turning.

I must sleep in EVERY position throughout the night.

I've also got Paul McKenna's kit for "I can make you sleep".

I would consider taking anything herbal but not strong medication, so what do you suggest?

I've found that reading a book halps me, it has to be something of the romance genre though, as anything else still keeps me awake or gives me crazy dreams. I don't drink tea or coffee after about 4 o'clock in the afternoon and some soft music with no words - like classical music - on very low in background. If you share a bed with someone it can be more tricky as their sounds and smells can interfere with your ritual, but it always works for me - my sister has commented before that I sleep like a corpse lol x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

A relaxing lavender bath and a cup of Horlicks or hot milk... X

2lbs of Epsom salts devolved into a bath ,
Becomes lovely and warm , relaxing , grate if you have been working out and have sore mussels , and also good if you need to gently get your digestion moving, magnesium makes your skin glory and promotes it to re build,
AND after the bath you will be out like a light :)

:Look_left
2lbs of Epsom salts devolved into a bath ,
Becomes lovely and warm , relaxing , grate if you have been working out and have sore mussels , and also good if you need to gently get your digestion moving, magnesium makes your skin glory and promotes it to re build,
AND after the bath you will be out like a light :)
thanks for that but ain't got a bath, we just got a large walk-in shower.

Lavender drives me potty.

I've got a milk intolerance and a soya intolerance too.

no advice hun just saying i feel your pain. Like you i could sleep through anything and anywhere. Since having my son and my ocd kicking off I'm a terrible sleeper. Last night i resorted to a sleeping pill after much tossing and turning. So hard when your brain won't switch off.

I have a drink before i go to bed but straight after nip to the loo otherwise I'm back and fourth all night. Saw my doc about my hideous sleeping and he told me not to stress about it and also gave me a print out.

The print out made me laugh my head off it said don't worry no one has died from not sleeping. However in my case someone else might die namely my husband if i have to listen to his snoring whilst I'm not sleeping lmao!

I too sleep in alot of positions but now this may sound weird but sometimes when I've had enough of tossing and turning i turn round in the bed and top to tail with my Hubby. Yes that means i have to sleep next to Mr happyfeet's feet ugh but i normally go to sleep quickly. Not every time but worth a try. Also the doc said to me even if you don't sleep sleep just to lay in bed and rest is good for your body.

No help at all there really. Avoid tv and salon geek in bed is another good thing which I'm yet to master. . . Well when you can't sleep what's a girl to do lol!

Im the same as you and Happychick, since the birth of my children I never sleep through the night. Dont have any suggestions but will try any new ones.

Annie xx

top to tail for you tonight hun then ;)

no advice hun just saying i feel your pain. Like you i could sleep through anything and anywhere. Since having my son and my ocd kicking off I'm a terrible sleeper. Last night i resorted to a sleeping pill after much tossing and turning. So hard when your brain won't switch off.

I have a drink before i go to bed but straight after nip to the loo otherwise I'm back and fourth all night. Saw my doc about my hideous sleeping and he told me not to stress about it and also gave me a print out.

The print out made me laugh my head off it said don't worry no one has died from not sleeping. However in my case someone else might die namely my husband if i have to listen to his snoring whilst I'm not sleeping lmao!

I too sleep in alot of positions but now this may sound weird but sometimes when I've had enough of tossing and turning i turn round in the bed and top to tail with my Hubby. Yes that means i have to sleep next to Mr happyfeet's feet ugh but i normally go to sleep quickly. Not every time but worth a try. Also the doc said to me even if you don't sleep sleep just to lay in bed and rest is good for your body.

No help at all there really. Avoid tv and salon geek in bed is another good thing which I'm yet to master. . . Well when you can't sleep what's a girl to do lol!

Top and Tail - lol I do exactly the same thing!! If i cannot get to sleep i go down the bottom of the bed and normally fall asleep within minutes. I honestly do not know why that works lol.

I had a nightmare night last night. Every sunday without fail I cannot get to sleep till atleast half 1. 2,last night was the worst! had a bath went to bed like I do every night and was so tired and I could not sleep what so ever. Tried every position thinkable so I gave in and went to sleep on the sofa. Within half hr I was off.

I think because I am having to go to work the next day to a job I thoroughly hate my body stresses and wont let me relax. I have 2 children 5 and 3 so never a night when Im not waking up so Im used to disturbed sleep but drives me mental that every sunday I cant sleep :( Now im sat at work trying to keep my eyes open lol ahh well only 3 more hours of hell!!!! :cry:

thank god I'm not the only one that top and tails was beginning to think i was a total freak lmao! I've done this since i was a teenager actually my mum used to come and wake mes up in the morning not knowing whether she would greeted by my feet or my face. . . Poor thing!

I know Sundays are my worst night usually and i don't work at the mo and also Thursday's for some weird reason think that goes back to being young free and single and used to get excited about a Friday night out. What my excuse is now at being a thirty year old mummy is beyond me most probably the excitement of no school run after Friday lmao! X x x

Total sympathy. Absolutely agree that sleep patterns that are disrupted by parenting are the cause for me.
Sadly I now take sleeping tablets, although I have cut them down, which my GP was quite surprised by; think that indicates that they are addictive and I'm not advising them. However his attitude is that if they help with the quality of life they have a place, and I have to agree with him as being awake for hours on end is very depressing.
Now for the wacky input; I've read that eating a lettuce sandwich at bedtime can help!
Hope you find the answer xx

Speaking of lack of sleep here i am two am and wide awake. Managed to persuade Hubby to share bunk beds with little man in the hope I'd have better night on my own but instead I'm off to read. Here's hoping :)

slept marginally better last night but still every position you can think of.

I also find that when I have a lot to do, or am excited about something, that sets me fidgeting and tossing and turning.

Had salad for tea! Lol!

Maybe its your hubbys feet that knock you out hahaha

Sorry couldn't resist, i'm sure his plates are just lovely x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Mr Chick has foot rot, so please excuse me for not sleeping head to toe with him eurrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh

well it took me till three to fall asleep. After a while turned round in bed to have my head at bottom of the bed and fell asleep instantly. The thing was had bed to myself! So nothing to do with Mr happyfeets foot aroma as bad as it is lmao!

Glad you had a better night hippychick :)

I have the same problems. I have tried buying cheap and expensive pillows which makes no difference, its a nightmare.

Have you tried changing your mattress ?

I had the best nights sleep EVER when we stayed at Center Parcs, the mattress felt like it was made for me. They sell the mattresses on there website but a kingsize is over £600 just for the mattress so I still haven't managed to persuade my OH to buy one yet !!!

I have the same problems. I have tried buying cheap and expensive pillows which makes no difference, its a nightmare.

Have you tried changing your mattress ?

I had the best nights sleep EVER when we stayed at Center Parcs, the mattress felt like it was made for me. They sell the mattresses on there website but a kingsize is over £600 just for the mattress so I still haven't managed to persuade my OH to buy one yet !!!
We bought a really good mattress about a year ago.

i think u should do some excerise.

Latest posts

Back