Slicing or weaving

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhat123

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im wondering what's your thoughts on what's better for soft natural highlight s 7 and 8s. I always thought slicing was better for really blonde hair who wants barely no root? Do ye prefer slicing or weaves normally?
Thanks for opinions
Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek mobile app

I weave all my highlights finely and they always turn our very natural, would really only slice if they wanted think blondes goin through , but I think it's personal choice on what ever way u do it.

Fine weaves is my preference. Slice when using a bold colours that I want to me noticed.

Weaves all the way!

I think both provide lovely effects depending on what your clients looking for!! Slices leave a lovely effect, and are also good for achieving a thicker looking result xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah that's what I thought. I'll stick to them!! Thanks girl

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek mobile app

Slice weaving is for baskets as they say in sassoon a fine slice is just a subtle weaving just pushes the foil away from the root. Weave around the hairline by all means but sliced highlights are better in the Londons top salons you dont see people weaving away I think its a college thing,

Depends on what effect I want but mainly weaves. Over the last year have had a big influx of young women wanting highlights so full cover that it's basically a full head colour in foils......on long thick hair it's a NIGHTMARE.....takes forever......on a client like this I do slices and fine-to-medium weaves with a lowlight colour. Not my fave thing to do as I like my highlights to look highlighted xoxo

Again, it depends on the effect I'm trying to achieve. But 9/10 I'll do pin fine slices, you can get closer to the roots that way!

Latest posts

Back