Slight bruising from waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahjs

Reaction score
Hi, I'm just completing my home assessments of waxing and I have done an eyebrow wax on a client last night and there is a slight bruise this morning on the just one of the eyes. can anyone tell me what could cause this. Thanks. Sarah

It could be many things. She may have a predisposition to bruising, the wax may have been slightly too cool, you may have used the wax slightly too thickly, you may not have stretched enough. It's unfortunate but try not to worry, we've all done it :hug:

Just to add to Zo Zo's coments, there really is no reason at times for these things to happen. Your client could have been feeling run down or on a strict diet. Unless it's someting that happens more than once in a blue moon, don't worry about it. Easy said though I know as we do worry about these things. xxxx

Thanks for your help x

I also find that if the therapist is at the wrong angle this can cause bruising.

Also if the client was on medication this could of caused the bruising, I made the mistake of having my brows waxed a few years ago when I was taking roaccutene, BIG MISTAKE it literally took about 3 layers of skin off !!!

The client was my Mum and I didn't ask her if she is on any medication which I know I should with other clients at consultation. Thanks for that, I'll ask her later x

Hi hun, can i ask when you waxed her eyebrows did you re-apply wax to the same area more than once. I remember when i was at college and they went over the same area twice, i was on no medication and i looked hurrific the next morning.

Since then i only ever on the eye area apply once and any hairs remaining use the tweezers.

love jenny

For the most part bruising is caused from not holding the skin tight enough and/or pulling it off into the air. Going over the area 2 times is ok if you protect the skin. And then it may just have been your lucky day.

Also Sarah, did you apply a little pre-wax oil to the skin before applying the wax, this helps to create a barrier which will protect the skin. Other suggestions have already been mentioned, so I won't bore you further.

Latest posts

Back