Slightly OT EE geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahhh123

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been doing lashes for 5 years along with being a therapist also, and recently I've found that my right thumb is in quite a bit of pain, and I'll get shooting pains up my right arm. Sometimes my thumb feels really heavy. Was wondering if anyone else gets this that does EE? I'm worried I won't be able to work anymore :-(

It sounds like repetitive strain injury, caused by overuse... You will need to adjust the way you work or you could cause lasting damage. RSI, tendonitis and other overuse injuries can be treated and are reversible.
You can buy thumb and wrist supports but you should probably consult your GP who may refer you to a physio.
I wear a wrist support when massaging as I am hyper mobile and was in considerable pain. After adjusting my technique and changing my mobile phone to a touch screen (not needing to use my thumbs to text) I'm not getting the pain anymore.
If you are getting the shooting pains up your arm it's time to act!

Thanks hun I will go to see my gp x

I have had the same with EE in the past with my thumb locking up and feeling heavy it's not a prob at the mo though!

Latest posts

Back