slimming pills?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMOUSE

Reaction score
I have been on diets now for 12 months and still haven't lost any weight and i have been to a number of different venues. I haven't got much to loose 1 stone so can anyone suggest any slimming pills to help me while i diet. I have a few clients who have been asking me as well so it would be good to retail them as well.

thanks Tracey

I used to use some called Trimmers, TBH dont know who made them but they seemed to work, x

If you haven't lost any weight and been seriously trying then get yourself checked over by your doctor for Underactive Thyroid, my sister in law was in the same position and it turned out her thyroid wasn't doing it's job properly and was stopping her from losing weight.

I have been on diets now for 12 months and still haven't lost any weight and i have been to a number of different venues. I haven't got much to loose 1 stone so can anyone suggest any slimming pills to help me while i diet. I have a few clients who have been asking me as well so it would be good to retail them as well.

thanks Tracey

Are you getting excerise with the pills? Watching what you eat?
Not saying you are one but
There are those out there that think they can eat whatever they want and just take a pill and they will still lose wieght.

But I agree with sandi, get to a doctor and have them check your thyroid.
I use to work with a stylist that went to the gym everyday, really watched her calorie intake and was still putting weight on , she went to the doctor and her thyroid was not working at all.

If you haven't lost any weight and been seriously trying then get yourself checked over by your doctor for Underactive Thyroid, my sister in law was in the same position and it turned out her thyroid wasn't doing it's job properly and was stopping her from losing weight.

I have had my thyroid tested and they said it was ok. I eat really health everyday and have done for years, i think that's my problem if i ate some junk food each week and cut that out i would loose some weight but i only want to lose 1 stone and they all say if you're not over over weight it is hard to loose.

I will look out for those pills.

hun, just because you have a healthy diet doesn't mean you will loose weight, unfortunately your calorie intake must be lower than your energy expended. I lived abroad where docs have no problem at all with giving out slimming pills and yes you do loose weight, they contain anfetemins (sorry cant spell) so you cant help but loose weight but as soon as you stop using them the weight comes back and then some:sad: and long term you can actually have a heart attach or stroke, this is because these pills narrow your arteries, which forces the heart to work harder. Just like exercise does but with out making you fit enough to stand it.
If you only have a stone to loose why not take up running or get on the cross trainer at your local gym, if you want to tone up with it then you need lots of reps with LIGHT weights, don't be tempted to go for heavy weights because you will build muscles, which 1 give you that lovely man look:D and 2 will make you heavier. Sorry hun its the only way to loose it and keep it of, if you start messing around with pills you will ruin your health.......just like I did.

I wouldnt bother with pills, they can really mess you up!
Some outcomes can be horrific, and dont get me started on what sometimes comes out when you think you are going for a wee!
Ive tried 4 different types, needless to say I wont be touching any slimming pills with a barge pole ever again!
Just excersise and eat healthy it will come off! xx

Would definately recommend diet clinic called sure-slim. They take blood test first and then work out a diet specific to you that increases your metabolism. IT WORKS! Both myself and my mother have lost weight on this diet although it is quite strict particularly in the first two weeks. My mum who is 74 has lost 2 stone and looks great.

www.sure-slim.co.uk
i think - good luck

I once worked with a girl that took slimming pills, I dont know what brand or make they were, but all I know is she collapsed at work, was rushed to hospital and stayed there for 3 weeks! They really messed her up. I personally wouldnt go near slimming pills!

Eat smaller portions, excersise more and eat the right food, lots of fresh fruit and veg, and drink lots of water to flush out toxins. If there is nothing medically wrong with you, this really should get you somewhere :D

unfortunately your calorie intake must be lower than your energy expended.

Exactley!!

I would also recommend exercise. I have just got myself a heart rate monitor to help me get fitter and loose a bit of weight. I have found it really useful as you don't over train, you train in your ideal heart range for yourself and it motivates you to go running/exercise.

By cutting out the rubbish from my diet and exercising I have lost 2.2lbs in 2 weeks and I am starting to feel fitter too.

If the heart rate monitor is too much a step counter is a good idea as you can get a good idea of your daily activity and aim to do 10-12k steps a day.
Jo
Beauty products | Beauty Therapy | Professional Treatments | Beauty Supplies- Moorspa.co.uk

treat slimming tablets that boost your metobic rate with caution, once you start playing around with your metabolism you start playing around with your endocrine system...(adrenal glands, thyroid , ovaries pancreas (diabetes)etc) and once your endocrine system gets messed around with it at can lead to long term affects, thyroid disease hyper/hypo and more serousely affect your heart...trust me i am reaping certain benefits of slimming pills from years ago(not).
prescribed pills are different as g'p's monitor your bloods and any changes are duely picked up.
thereth endeth the sermon lol

treat slimming tablets that boost your metobic rate with caution, once you start playing around with your metabolism you start playing around with your endocrine system...(adrenal glands, thyroid , ovaries pancreas (diabetes)etc) and once your endocrine system gets messed around with it at can lead to long term affects, thyroid disease hyper/hypo and more serousely affect your heart...trust me i am reaping certain benefits of slimming pills from years ago(not).
prescribed pills are different as g'p's monitor your bloods and any changes are duely picked up.
thereth endeth the sermon lol

Following on from this, GPs will only (or should only) prescribe slimming pills for people who have a LOT of weight to lose, and only when the benefits of the pills will outweigh the risks of being overweight and potential side effects.

Taking slimming pills is not something that should be considered lightly at all, and should really only be a very last resort when all of the advice in previous posts has failed. Even then, personally I wouldn't buy anything but go through my GP. At least you'll get regular checks to make sure everything's ok.

Be really careful with these pills mate. If you get them from your gp or buy them you can and will be ill later from them.
It can be hard to eat and when you do it will hurt you and make you be sick.
After a while you really want to enjoy a meal with your family etc. but its so hard to eat.
You will shake.
Your heart will beat so much that you need tablets to slow it down.
You will have sweats and palpitations in the night.
You will feel like the only thing worth living for is to be thin.
Believe me. I weigh in at 10 stone and am 5"4 now.
I have so much wanted to be so thin for a very long time and people could never understand me.
Please don't do it.:hug:

How much is a stone in USA terms of lbs?

How much is a stone in USA terms of lbs?

14lbs = 1 stone flower

as for the rest of this thread, i would recommend the atkins diet, and before you all start on at me about how dangerous this diet is................i have read the facts etc, it works and if you ONLY stick to it for 2 WEEKS, NOT 2 MONTHS, youll be fine, i did it last year and lost 1 stone (14lbs) in 2 weeks, and felt great, and kept it off

Latest posts

Back