Slimming pills!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tip Toes

Reaction score
I know its a bit controversial but does anyone have any info on slimming pills? I'm going to the doctors to see if i can get any help God I need it!! :cry:
Have put sooooo much weight on and to all my friends, clients etc etc I am so full of fun but inside i'm a complete wreck. Feeling quite low recently (the doctor knows all about it) but the lower I get the worse my diet is. But i know my weight is part of what gets me down. Tryed the slimming clubs and all that. Any ideas friends!:rolleyes:

I don,t know if slimming pills are the answer actually...:rolleyes: I am defenitly no expert but i have heard a lot of side effects taking pills. These things are a quick fix and i don,t think that you can take them for a long period of time.

Maybe you should just try and change your eating habbits? Just replace certain foods by healthy alternatives so you don,t have to eat mini portions * eating little won,t help to keep your diet up *
I dieted for a while and lost 9kg and ate a lot! Ofcourse a lot of healthy low calorie foods like fresh vegetables and fruit, grilled chicken, tuna, low fat yoghurt etc...

I always found that starting was difficult, but as soon as i felt that my trousers got a bit loser it just boosted my selfconfidence and i really got determined.

I hope that this can be of some help...:hug:

I know how i should do it but when things are so difficult at the mo. its sooooooooo hard.

About 10 years ago i used slimming pills from a private doctor along with a friend of mine, DO NOT USE SLIMMING PILLS HUN!!!
My friend has ended up with paranoia and a heart problem because of them as she was on and off them for years ( i only used them for a few months)
They are based on amphetamines, diruretic and potasiam tabs in different strengths. so not a good idea.
The ones from the normal docs my mum has been on and they are just as bad.
I found slimming world really good especially if you have a mate you can drag along.
HTH
Jen xx

Slimming pills a big fat NO WAY i have been there and done that, i ended up in a bad way needed an ambulance, they are no good for your heart at all,
if you do a search under slimming pills you will find lots of posts with lots of horror stories,
they are not worth ruining your health :hug:

About 10 years ago i used slimming pills from a private doctor along with a friend of mine, DO NOT USE SLIMMING PILLS HUN!!!
My friend has ended up with paranoia and a heart problem because of them as she was on and off them for years ( i only used them for a few months)
They are based on amphetamines, diruretic and potasiam tabs in different strengths. so not a good idea.
The ones from the normal docs my mum has been on and they are just as bad.
I found slimming world really good especially if you have a mate you can drag along.
HTH
Jen xx
Been there done that and got the extra large T shirt.
Once you stop with the sliming pills you have no energy, so your body tells you to eat lots of sugary stuff to boost your energy levels, and bear in mind that when we loose weight we loose 70% fat and 30% muscle and when we put it back we put back 100% fat.
I have yo yoed for years and now find it so hard to loose any weight and have so many food issues that I have a therapist to help me through it all.
My honest oppinion is to join slimming world and be honest with your self. Keep a food diary note down your exercise each week and be prepared to take your time getting into shape again. Its the only way to be slim, fit and not end up with loads of loose skin. There are a few of us who keep a diet blog and that helps a lot. Please don't go for the quick fix, long term it will ruin your life:hug:

Have a look at this thread http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/57089-slimming-pills.html
Personally I woudn't touch slimming tablets with a very very long bargepole - they create more problems than they solve. They basically work by either speeding up your metabolism, or by supressing your appetite. Either way they DO NOT teach you proper eating habits so as soon as you stop taking them, you begin to eat in the same old way, the weight goes back on and you're back where you started. In fact, a lot of people find that they actually end up weighing more than before.

Please, please think extremely carefully before going down that road.

Been there done it and got the tshirt and it doesent work.

As the others have said there are so many side affects you cant sleep your hyper (your find yourself scrubbing floors and painting at 4am in the morning!!!) your heart rate goes banana's happy as Larry one minute, schitzo the next just to mention a few... yeah you loose weight but you put it back on and more and after years of doing all the diets in the book I truely believe you have to get your head right cos the only way is to change your eating habits forever...

saying that if you need a quick boost I have a friend at work who is doing the lighter life diet very expensive at £64 a week but she has lost 23lbs in 5 weeks and i kknow a coupoe of others it has worked for...maybe worth a look...

Whatever you do I wish you al the luck in the world :hug:

xxxx

Slimming tablets i wouldn't touch, you start to rely on them and when you come off them you start thinking i can't do this so you go back on them. When i tried them i felt like i was on speed or something like that. Bad moods, angry etc.. I went to weight watchers and lost a good amount of weight, i founds weight watchers good because you had your points and once you knew you used them up you then didn't eat any more. I also started swimming and i loved it. Where i went 'at 8 at night' there was noone there so felt like it was my pool ,lol :green:
I then reached a point where my body wasn't loosing weight anymore for at least 6 months and got worried and gave it up, then after a month or so my weight just dropped off and now i just look after my self by eating vegetables, fish, no bad foods etc.
Look at loosing weight as a new way of eating and not dieting, eat healthy and exercise 'try swimming i loved it' i hate gyms, step etc.. but swimming was theraputic and i loved it. try it. Don't think diet otherwise you just want to eat more 'i did this' just eat more veg, fish, drop choccolate, crisps etc and you will soon be on your way. Good luck x
also go out more with your friends and find things which make you feel good and you will see that your weight will just drop of, i went out nightclubbing a lot more with friends and my weight eventually did and lookely for now stayed off, x:hug:

Been there done it and got the tshirt and it doesent work.

if you need a quick boost I have a friend at work who is doing the lighter life diet very expensive at £64 a week but she has lost 23lbs in 5 weeks and i kknow a coupoe of others it has worked for...maybe worth a look...

Whatever you do I wish you al the luck in the world :hug:

xxxx

I would never do this diet i know a few people who have done this ( i even went to my local lighter life agent and had a meeting with her) All the people that i know now have various health problems a lot of them being digestive tract probs. it is basically slim fast on a much stricter scale for the first 30 days you are allowed nothing but water and shakes in first week /meal replacement bars and soups after. no sweets no gum no nothing. i dont think that they have tested this stuff properly i mean come on it cant be good for you losing a stone a month can it?
Seeing the probs my friends have now years after doing this lighter life i would warn any one thinking about it to stay away spend ya £60 odd quid a week on a holiday or a day out at a spa once a month. do slimming world as its a way of life NOT a diet. and enjoy being healthy!!
HTH
Jen xx

I have been on the cambridge diet for 12 weeks and lost 3 stone. Its really hard to get used to and very boring with absolutely no social life at all. Its like the lighter life but this has been tested for years and trusted by doctors. I have a long way to go and boy its bloody hard but im loving the results!! There is no way I could have lost 3 stone in 12 weeks doing any sort of weightwatchers or slimming world because it deals with the problem - FOOD!!
My health has been fine and inches are just dropping off. I know its hard but doing this has got rid of the problem oh what am i going to eat for tea?

Ive got a bit to go but determined, ive been trying to lose weight for 8 years with no luck whatsoever until now. Slimming pills are not the answer hunny.

Oh and it costs me £35 per week not as much as lighter life, but dont forget you are spending anything on food! Forgot to say in my last post!

Latest posts

Back