Slimming World-anyone else do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley Blakemore

The Beauty Room
Reaction score
I joined slimming world last wednesday and i was wondering if anyone does it too? Also im tucking into my tikka chicken & boiled rice hoping the chicken will be free!? Im new to all this, i was shocked when i got on the scales but i want to loose 2st 9lbs

I have been going to slimming world 9 weeks and lost 1 1/2 stone! Needy to loose 4 stone altogether

I have never felt hungry once and it just doesn't feel like a diet.
Saved my sins and just had a curly whirly :)
Vicki x

Vicki x

Wow thats amazing! Yeah I'm finding it quiet easy, its just trying to ignore the chocolate. I know you can have some but its my first week so I'm trying to be really good & since i used to eat chocolate every night its best if i steer clear from it! I hope i can loose that much in 9 weeks, my mum has been doing ww for a bit now and has lost nearly 2st so weighs just under me which isn't good!!!

I love slimming world. I lost 3 stone one it :)

I now just follow it at home, roughly. I need to loose another stone or 2 really but I'm enjoying my life at the minute.

For me I loose more weight when i eat around 10 sins a day. Not just treats just built in to my meal, a bit of sauce or a jar sauce between 5 etc unused to have a curly wurly everyday but I wouldn't usually eat that much chic. So stopped soon it.

After weigh in I always had a take away, or what ever I wanted to eat meal. Even if I didn't loose. It was just my reward for trying to make myself healthier. I still based it on slimming world but I did go over my sun allowance on most occasions.

Jemima :)

Lost 3 stone on it since February and I love it! I am planning on sticking to it for life and I'm only 8 pounds to target, when it will be free for life. I have realised that before I adopted healthy eating I had a seriously messed up relationship with food. I have a meal off a week (flexible syns) which helps me stay on track. So if there is a birthday or something I can enjoy it, and if there is no occasion I have a non slimming world meal at home. I feel ten times more healthy and I also know people who have lost weight on it and kept it off for years. If you are up for a long term life style change it will work 100%. If you are looking for a crash diet and then go back to your old ways after losing the weight then obviously it won't work. I love it and good luck x

Ps in this weather check out the syns on Ice Lollys- much lower than you would think, mini milks are 1.5, mini twister 2.5 for example. I eat 2 mini milks in a row and feel like its a real treat x

A curly whirly is a one off treat but in this heat I've been freezing muller light (Turkish delight is yum). Takes me 30 minutes to eat it and its sin free :)
Vicki x

I do slimming world. Love it. Put on 5 stone when pregnant & now lost 3stone 10lb in a year. I had lost over 4 stone and was only 3lb away from target when the scales started to go a bit odd so we've had to write off our losses for June because the consultant got new scales which say I'm now 8.5lb from target.

I love the diet as its not like a diet at all but really feel disheartened after "scalegate". But seeing as the consultant has done nothing to support us or anything apart from shrugs and says "the scales are just nuts & bolts its whats in the heart that counts" I'm changing groups this week. I've also put in a complaint to head office as I think we should at least get a free week as its not due to eating rubbish that I gained 5.5lb in a week but broken scales.

Anyway I've rambled on. I LOVE slimming world! Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I love sw I have lost 4.5 stone and don't even think of it as a diet anymore :) just stick with it and you will get results and make sure you drink plenty of water x

Ps in this weather check out the syns on Ice Lollys- much lower than you would think, mini milks are 1.5, mini twister 2.5 for example. I eat 2 mini milks in a row and feel like its a real treat x

Oh wow i love mini milks! Thanks for that tip! Its so encouraging to hear all your stories, your all amazing!! I wonder if anyone could answer this for me...is tikka chicken (no sauce) free ?

Oh wow i love mini milks! Thanks for that tip! Its so encouraging to hear all your stories, your all amazing!! I wonder if anyone could answer this for me...is tikka chicken (no sauce) free ?

When you say tikka chicken do you mean takeaway or like the ready prepared meat from supermarket. Either way its not free. I recommend the slimming world app so you can check the syn values. Supermarket ready prepared tikka chicken ranges from 6 - 10 syns per 100g. Chicken tikka masala ranges from 15 - 34 depending where its from. Even if you have no sauce it will probably cooked in some sort of oil. The only meat that you can guarantee is free is lean meat with no sauces (unless you make your own syn free sauce) & cooked without oil.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Tikka chicken breast slices from aldi and sainsburys are free and the morrisons ones are only half a syn, I have these for my lunch pretty much every day lol x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373889419.770888.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373889419.770888.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 541
Ah thanks! Yes it was the weekend & my husband wanted a takeaway & we had a busy weekend so we ha an indian as i could have rice, it was chicken chunks that had been cooked in a tikka flavour, it was very dry but yes it must of been cooked in an oil! I will ask my leader when i go as this is the best i can think of with take aways...anyone got any other suggestions? Im not a big fan of chinese

Ah thanks! Yes it was the weekend & my husband wanted a takeaway & we had a busy weekend so we ha an indian as i could have rice, it was chicken chunks that had been cooked in a tikka flavour, it was very dry but yes it must of been cooked in an oil! I will ask my leader when i go as this is the best i can think of with take aways...anyone got any other suggestions? Im not a big fan of chinese

Look in your slimming book it's got good options for what to eat on take away nights, also if you have a curry just ask for no ghee and it cuts the syns down so much, have you registered online yet? In the features section there's food options for each types of food which may be worth taking a look at x

The online features are fab. Especially if you're going to a chain restaurant as it gives syn values of some dishes and what to avoid etc. I fill my food diary in on there too. So much easier for when I'm out & about.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do slimming world have lost 2 stone so far since end Feb 1 more stone to go. I'm not really strict with myself and only really sick to it 5 days out of 7 I know I could do so much better and probably already be at goal if I was better behaved but for the time being I'm just happy I'm losing half-1lb a week :)

Thanks, i keep forgetting to register online! I had a quick go last week but it just put me on the page to pick which online package i wanted, silver gold etc & ran out of time so i will try & do it tonight! I get weighed tomorrow so i will post my first weight loss, i like this diet i did ww last year & kept going over my 20ish points everyday so its good that i can have as much free food as possible! Every ones stories are such a push knowing it is working for you!

Oohhhh let us know how you get on. Good luck! I'm going to a new group tomorrow after scalegate at my old group so weigh day for me too. I've done ww before as well & I prefer this as I can't be doing with weighing, measuring then working out points.

So i lost 2 1/2 lbs, not great for the first week but im getting to grips to it. Im aiming for 3lbs each week. I had a magnum last night & made the mistake of walking into the living room where my husband was & i got a massive lecture on how stupid it was that i was having this magnum! I tried telling him i was allowed syns & i hadn't had any all day so this was it but he was having none of it lol!! But looks like he was right, no magnums for me this week!

2.5lb is a fantastic start! You can have your magnums just make sure you're being accurate with the syn values. Eat lots of veg & fruit and make sure you're drinking plenty of water. I take chinese takeaway type containers with chopped up veggies & fruit in to nibble on. And remember that even if you only lose 1lb a week over a year that will equate to a 4 stone weight loss. I lost 2lb this week which I'm happy with - only 6.5lb to target now.

Well done you. You should be proud of yourself for a great start!!
Sally x

Latest posts

Back