Slimming World-anyone else do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Your doing really well, my goal is 3lbs a week. But i have 7 weeks until my holiday so the countdown is on! Yeah im just getting to grips with my syn values and free food, i was thinking uncle bens long grain microwave rice was free but its 1.5 isn't it?

With slimming world because its a long term change people get very funny when you appear to be eating "a lot of food" remember this is a change for good. Are you expected to never eat a magnum again? Are you expected to never have a takeaway (flexible syns) again? No! So don't worry about people's attitudes. Stick to plan but have your syns, have your flexible syn meal at a birthday party. It's about a healthy change we had a lovely talk at group last week about being free from guilt. I never ever feel guilty about food now. Before I would "secret eat" food in my car and feel awful after! Don't worry about what anyone says just go with the plan xxxx

Oh this is just great.... Me and my friend are joining this morning.

Lets shed this baby weight! :) x x

Could you explain the flexible syns? I didn't get a chance to ask yesterday because the system crashed & we were running late & because it was so hot my little one was moaning so i didn't stay for the meeting! Also does anyone know how many syns there are in tikka chicken with no sauce from an indian takeaway? Thanks

Flexible syns is where you set yourself an upper limit on syns and keep counting. The idea is that you are still having a treat but staying in control therefore you're not going to feel guilty or that you've blown it. For example I like my wine & g&slimline t so on a night out I'd set myself a limit of say 30 syns and can have 2 large glasses of wine and 4 g&ts. If I were eating out I could add more syns to that limit to allow for it.

Checked the app and chicken tikka average portion from an indian is 14.5 syns. Have that with plain boiled rice & thats still fine!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks! So thats why i only lost a couple of pounds last week!! I thought i did so well having less than 5 syns each day & even exercised, i wanted 4lbs...anyway i will write that down in my diary for future & will just have to cook every night to keep on track, my husband doesnt cook so its really easy to have a takeaway when i come in from work so i have to get some energy from somewhere to cook every night! The recipes are amazing though, the best chilli ever!!

My favourite is meatballs and spaghetti so easy to make extra filling and add your own super free foods to the recipe, feels like such a treat when it's actually all free! xx

Yes meatballs are next on the list! I made the spag bol last night & i liked it but my husband said it wasnt as tomatoey than usua

Usual, but he ate it all! The chicken curry was nice too, god i could go on

I've just modified a lot of my usual recipes so they're sw friendly. Get on the website & look up leek & pea pasta - I add bacon & mushrooms and mac n cheese - I add bacon. Nom nom nom. A lot of the recipes you wouldn't even know they are slimming world.

Lost 1lb this week, total of 10lb xx

I gained 3.5lb this week. Totally lost the plot but hey ho I want that off at least next week. 8 weeks to holiday & 10lb to target. I will do it!!!

I do slimming world and am 2lb off my 2&1/2 stone :0)
It is hard work this dieting malarkey but have to say I do like slimming world as there is just so much you can eat!! Have just had a cherry jubilee and that is 1 syn I think and I have minimilks in freezer for tomorrow :0) stick with it though, it does work x

I lost 5lb this week and was slimmer of the week for 2nd time in 3 weeks :)
I really want another good loss Monday but feel I asking to much :0/

Started today, so will be weigh day next Monday. Will report back then, fingers crossed! x

2.5lb this week. 1 stone 7 altogether :)
Vicki x

Dream Nails by Victoria

And I have succumbed to SW now. After trying to go it alone (failing miserably after week 3) and swearing to never join another slimming club, I ran into an old friend who has lost a load of weight and looks fab. How did she do it!? SW!!!

So another friend and I wobbled over to our nearest group yesterday morning and signed up. As usual, I'm very enthusiastic and will need all the motivation I can get to stay on track. It would appear that you need to do a lot of cooking which is something I'm not accustomed to :o. I can do it but just don't have the time. Doesn't look like its an easy grab and go diet.

I had a salad bowl today with chicken tikka from Subway, no dressing or cheese, but loads of free food. For tea I had boiled rice with a seafood mix and tonnes of salad = 2.5 sins

Breakfast was porridge with semi skimmed milk = a and b.

I would love to hear what everyone else is eating.

I lost 2lb this week. 8lb to target now. The trick is to be prepared. When you do have spare time chop up fruit & veg to grab & nibble on. I tend to have a free breakfast so I can save my he"s for later. Dinner is usually either pasta & sauce (check the syn values especially on supermarket own brands), savoury rice (again xheck syns), mugshots, soup either homemade or heb ones, salads, crispbreads (heb) with ham. Tea is anything from a roast dinner to stir fry, pasta dishes, chilli, casserole. .... make things in big batches for the freezer so you can always fall back on them. I am a rubbish cook but the recipes in the magazines are fab and dead easy. Sign up for the website and get the app so you can keep track on the go. It does work. I'm 4 stone lighter and proof it works! Good luck witj it.

I'm seriously considering doing SW, I have loads to lose but seem to fail at everything I try, my fault I know. I've done it all in the past and lost loads on ww but since having my kids? I've gained it all back and really struggle. Your posts here are motivating so thanks x

I lost 1 1/2 lbs this week, iv lost 5 1/2 so far & I'm hoping for my half stone next week! I made the chips for tea tonight & they're amazing

Latest posts

Back