Slimming World Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Does any know why Nimble bread has been taken out of the healthy extras?

....and you know how you can have 100g of cooked Wholewheat pasta on a red day, has Wholewheat rice been included in the new style books

...any help really appreciated..

Hi Louise,

Nimble bread is now one of the b choices on original and red, you can have 3 slices of nimble and it counts as one b choice.

Rice hasnt been added I'm afraid but it is a free food on green.

Hope this makes sense

Cheers Claire x

claire 1 said:
Hi Louise,

Nimble bread is now one of the b choices on original and red, you can have 3 slices of nimble and it counts as one b choice.

100g of wholeweat pasta is also one of the b choices on original and buckwheat is a free food on green.

Hope this makes sense

Cheers Claire x

Thanks Claire....

Hi Louise,

Have just up dated my reply god knows why im going on about buckweat when it was rice that you mentioned. lol

Cheers Claire x

P.S any other slimming world questions you have I'm a wealth of knowledge.lol

Oh claire you've opened the floodgates now :D Do you know why I cant have smoked mackerel on a Red Day but you CAN have smoked salmon - I love my smoked mackerel and miss is so much...would love to know the answer....

Hi,

28g of Smoked Mackerell on a red day is only half a syn, so you can have it honey, I know its not free like salmon (I think that is due to the fact that salmon is higher in omega than mackerel ) you just have to budget I have 10 syns a day so even as one syn you could if you wanted have 56g of smoked mackerell.

Cheers Claire x

I am always trying to find ways to not spend my syns, i get really frustrated if its not free or an a or b choice. lol Mine you I have been known to save all my 10 syns and spend them on an aero chunky I pop in freezer 1 hour before I want it then I dip it into a nice hot coffee, it takes ages to eat and is delicious. What can i say i am a pig.

claire 1 said:
Hi,

28g of Smoked Mackerell on a red day is only half a syn, so you can have it honey, I know its not free like salmon (I think that is due to the fact that salmon is higher in omega than mackerel ) you just have to budget I have 10 syns a day so even as one syn you could if you wanted have 56g of smoked mackerell.

Cheers Claire x

I am always trying to find ways to not spend my syns, i get really frustrated if its not free or an a or b choice. lol Mine you I have been known to save all my 10 syns and spend them on an aero chunky I pop in freezer 1 hour before I want it then I dip it into a nice hot coffee, it takes ages to eat and is delicious. What can i say i am a pig.
lol I will have to try that areo trick...

I hate to sin with what I think of as healthy food i save mine for G&T at weekends and my one pack of crisps per week....

I do miss my bread terrible, I try & have it only twice a week as a B option and stick to the ryevitas...

Hi,

I know what you mean, I tend to stick to green days as I love my potatoes, the other day I had roast new potato salad, spuds were done with garlic and rosemary, I had loads of them on a lovely crisp green salad and it was all free, and we call it a diet. I'm not to bad with bread (I',m an eggs and spuds kind of girl) .

Cheers Clairex

P.S did you know a custard Doughnut is 13.5 syns and a roast dinner on red with potatoes as healthy extra and yorkshire pudding is only 4 (one doughnut is equivalent to three roast dinners! Just goes to show its not always how much you eat but what you eat lol.

Crickey - I dont like doughtnuts anyway - much more of a savory girl...if you like your spuds heres a good little treat.

Take some really good spuds king edwards etc but them in half and half again to make wedges then put them into salted water and bring to boil for say 10 mintues and drain then brush or spray them with a ickle bit of olive oil

then dust them with garlic granuals and bake in the over about gas mar 6/7 for around 20 mintues they are fab taste better than chips....

Hi There,

Will try wedges tonight they sound delicious, will let you know how I go.

Cheers

Claire x

Fab Freak said:
Crickey - I dont like doughtnuts anyway - much more of a savory girl...if you like your spuds heres a good little treat.

Take some really good spuds king edwards etc but them in half and half again to make wedges then put them into salted water and bring to boil for say 10 mintues and drain then brush or spray them with a ickle bit of olive oil

then dust them with garlic granuals and bake in the over about gas mar 6/7 for around 20 mintues they are fab taste better than chips....

i make those too but i use spray light as it is sin free on the slimming world plan :biggrin:

stanleyann

I love me spuds too, this recipe is aslimming world one.

Put your spuds in the oven as usual, then when they are done, ( make sure the skins are nice and crispy.) cut them in half, scoop out potatoe into a bowl and mash it, add chives and some quark, some sweetcorn, a tbsp of fromage frais and some salt and pepper.Spoon mix back into the skins, and add some low fat cheese grated on top and grill or put back in the oven untill cheese all melted.

Only 1 and 1/2 sins on green if don't use cheese as healthy extra, so can be FREE.

I love this as its so creamy and gorgeous. hope you like it as much as me.

claire 1 said:
Hi,

Cheers Claire x

i WAS THINKING about this last night - now you can have fresh makerel
and you can have fresh salmon on red day...you can have smoked salmon but NOT smoked makerel - so it must be the smoking process used on the makerel...! does that make sence...

i think its got something to do with the salt content....thats why the diet was changed...the old style diet still works but there was too high a salt content in all the convieniance foods, so they tried to make it healthier by preparing more fresh food yourself......so my consultant told me anyway

stanleyann

stanleyann said:
i think its got something to do with the salt content....thats why the diet was changed...the old style diet still works but there was too high a salt content in all the convieniance foods, so they tried to make it healthier by preparing more fresh food yourself......so my consultant told me anyway

stanleyann
Thats Interesting as I really don't see smoked makerel as a convenience food...it just been cooked thats all

But why smoked salmon and not smoked mackerel ? It really don't make sence to me one but not the other - Never mind I cant have it and thats that... I;'d really like to have known why

i know its not a convienance food but i think when foods are smoked they do add a lot of salt......but as you say why not the smoked salmon

ask your consultant at the next class, if they dont know i am sure they can find out for you.

its pretty annoying when you have something you really like then it gets taken off the diet or they start to sin value it :mad:

i still follow the old plan though and as i said it still works....i lost 8 and a half pounds last week......not been good this week though so its just as well its been the holiday weekend this week so i didnt need to go to class......lol

stanleyann

stanleyann said:
i know its not a convienance food but i think when foods are smoked they do add a lot of salt......but as you say why not the smoked salmon

ask your consultant at the next class, if they dont know i am sure they can find out for you.

its pretty annoying when you have something you really like then it gets taken off the diet or they start to sin value it :mad:

i still follow the old plan though and as i said it still works....i lost 8 and a half pounds last week......not been good this week though so its just as well its been the holiday weekend this week so i didnt need to go to class......lol

stanleyann

Wow thats a loss and a half - well done...
I'm not going to the classes, cant fit them in around my nail business - it was costing me a fortune for missed classess..so I am just doing the diet at home, and i weight myself every Wedensday...so I dont have a consultant to ask...

i know if you miss a class when you work shifts you dont have to pay for them, it would be worth while looking into that as if you had a booking for when the class is you maybe wouldnt have to pay if you missed it.

i will ask my consultant on monday about the smoked fish thing and let you know what he says.

stanleyann

Rice can't be used as Health Extra on Red days as it doesn't contain enuff fibre - the same goes for sweetcorn. Nimble can be used as a Healthy B, as long as its wholemeal (3slices) or amazing grain (2slices).

Don't forget to check out the new Magazine for new Health Extre and Syn Fee Food ideas!

Sooz xxxxx
Slimming World Consultant (& nail tech!)

PS Congrats to my star member and EzFlow Masterartist Educator who maintained this week despite the bbq ribs & nachos! Well done SparklePink!

Sooz said:
Rice can't be used as Health Extra on Red days as it doesn't contain enuff fibre - the same goes for sweetcorn. Nimble can be used as a Healthy B, as long as its wholemeal (3slices) or amazing grain (2slices).

Don't forget to check out the new Magazine for new Health Extre and Syn Fee Food ideas!

Sooz xxxxx
Slimming World Consultant (& nail tech!)

PS Congrats to my star member and EzFlow Masterartist Educator who maintained this week despite the bbq ribs & nachos! Well done SparklePink!

Hi there Sooz

I would have thought that wholewheat rice contained as much fibre as wholewheat pasta?

I assume you cant have sweetcorn because its a carbohydrate..

Hmm funny old world..PS Well done Sparklepink.

Latest posts

Back