Slippage with micros but not with nanos?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
hi everyone, I have recently just had micro rings and la weave done on my hair and didn't get along with the methods?? The beads slipped a lot and yes I was following the correct after care Iam a hairdresser so already knew what the after care would be and obviously followed what the hair extensionist's told me to do. With the micros I had at least 20 strands slip or come out? And with the LA weave I had 4 beads come out leaving the wefts sticking out on the ends. I had no problems with nanos though. I haven't tried bonds. So I'm wondering weather to switch my course choices to bonds instead of micros? What's more popular? Or is my hair just not suited to micros? But then nanos are very similar and I got along with them okay... Any advice would be great as I don't want to do micros and get clients complaining :) thanks

hi everyone, I have recently just had micro rings and la weave done on my hair and didn't get along with the methods?? The beads slipped a lot and yes I was following the correct after care Iam a hairdresser so already knew what the after care would be and obviously followed what the hair extensionist's told me to do. With the micros I had at least 20 strands slip or come out? And with the LA weave I had 4 beads come out leaving the wefts sticking out on the ends. I had no problems with nanos though. I haven't tried bonds. So I'm wondering weather to switch my course choices to bonds instead of micros? What's more popular? Or is my hair just not suited to micros? But then nanos are very similar and I got along with them okay... Any advice would be great as I don't want to do micros and get clients complaining :) thanks

Micro rings shouldn't slip out. I have clients that go up to 12 weeks with no maintenance and they don't lose any. It's down to application and aftercare.

What products did you use?
What aftercare were you given?
Is your hair fine, thick?

The LA weave method shouldn't be fitted using micro rings so you have been given the microweft not LA Weave.

I wouldn't necessarily not do the microrings course but I would undertake a prebonded course then you have 2 methods to suit all hair types. You need to actually fit a head of micros before you dismiss it I would say.

Micro rings shouldn't slip out. I have clients that go up to 12 weeks with no maintenance and they don't lose any. It's down to application and aftercare.

What products did you use?
What aftercare were you given?
Is your hair fine, thick?

The LA weave method shouldn't be fitted using micro rings so you have been given the microweft not LA Weave.

I wouldn't necessarily not do the microrings course but I would undertake a prebonded course then you have 2 methods to suit all hair types. You need to actually fit a head of micros before you dismiss it I would say.
Hi there, i'm a little confused. I have an LA Weave and my technician uses microrings to gather the hair, the weave then goes on top, and is secured by sewing in between the hair , no micro rings can be seen afterwards. I also do this, and from what I have seen/been told/trained this is an la weave?

Hi there, i'm a little confused. I have an LA Weave and my technician uses microrings to gather the hair, the weave then goes on top, and is secured by sewing in between the hair , no micro rings can be seen afterwards. I also do this, and from what I have seen/been told/trained this is an la weave?

Yes that is the LA weave. Sorry the way the OP post was made she never mentioned that the weft was sewn in and that is was solely secured by microrings.

There is a lot of technicians in my area that offer LA weave but only fit using the microweft method so wasn't sure whether that was the case with OP. Confusion over lol x

Yes that is the LA weave. Sorry the way the OP post was made she never mentioned that the weft was sewn in and that is was solely secured by microrings.

There is a lot of technicians in my area that offer LA weave but only fit using the microweft method so wasn't sure whether that was the case with OP. Confusion over lol x
oh okay! Thanks! x

Latest posts

Back