Slow gel removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koral

Reaction score
Hi, I need help..
I’m using Trugel gel remover and it takes 2 hours to take the gel off the nails!
I guess it’s the brand I’m using but still what can I do? Should I use pure acetone?

Hi, I need help..
I’m using Trugel gel remover and it takes 2 hours to take the gel off the nails!
I guess it’s the brand I’m using but still what can I do? Should I use pure acetone?

Welcome to Salon Geek.

Please can you confirm that you are a qualified nail professional. Thank you,

Yes, where?

You only needed to confirm, as your profile details provide that information.

Are you removing the gel from your own nails or those applied to clients’ nails by other nail techs?

Which soak off method are you using, are you using the correct removal solution?

You only needed to confirm, as your profile details provide that information.

Are you removing the gel from your own nails or those applied to clients’ nails by other nail techs?

Which soak off method are you using, are you using the correct removal solution?
I’m removing the gel from my own nails.
I’m using the soak off method, I fill the top coat and then let the remover sit for 15 min as I should but it won’t come off.
I use trugel gel remover (the gray one).

I’m removing the gel from my own nails.
I’m using the soak off method, I fill the top coat and then let the remover sit for 15 min as I should but it won’t come off.
I use trugel gel remover (the gray one).

Try applying thinner layers to avoid the bulk, which ultimately results in an extended soak off time.

Just a thought ... What brand and what actual products are you removing? Are you talking about gel polish? You aren't using a hard gel are you? Or a hard gel top coat? As these aren't soak-off products.

Just a thought ... What brand and what actual products are you removing? Are you talking about gel polish? You aren't using a hard gel are you? Or a hard gel top coat? As these aren't soak-off products.

EzFlow TruGel is a soak-able gel polish system I believe, but hopefully the OP will confirm or otherwise.

I actually use a small gel polish brand that I think is from Israel (Q-tech). My base, top and bonder are trugel. That’s why I think the problem is in Q-tech... and that’s why I consider using pure acetone with this brand. What do you think? Is it harmful for the nails?

I actually use a small gel polish brand that I think is from Israel (Q-tech). My base, top and bonder are trugel. That’s why I think the problem is in Q-tech... and that’s why I consider using pure acetone with this brand. What do you think? Is it harmful for the nails?

Mixing and matching different systems isn’t a good idea, nor is the use of pure acetone.

Can I please just clarify once again that you are a qualified and trained nail professional? Thanks.

Thank you.

Because I’ve not heard of it before, is Q-Tech a professional gel polish system, or available to the general public via the likes of Amazon or eBay?

Also, if you already hold a certificate for OPI GelColor, I’m curious why have you decided to switch?

Thank you.

Because I’ve not heard of it before, is Q-Tech a professional gel polish system, or available to the general public via the likes of Amazon or eBay?

The only place I saw that was selling Q-tech was in a professional store (I had so show them my license in order to be able to shop there).

Ok apparently this specific store isn’t the only one to be selling Q-tech but still all stores are for professionals.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only place I saw that was selling Q-tech was in a professional store (I had so show them my license in order to be able to shop there).

Ok apparently this specific store isn’t the only one to be selling Q-tech but still all stores are for professionals.

I can see that you qualified as recently as last month, is there a particular reason why you’ve switched from OPI to this system?

TruGel may require a different application technique, but in any event is more than likely meant to be used alongside the designated lamp for the system. In this regard, please see the link below which explains in more detail:

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/uv-lamps-explained-why-any-old-lamp-just-won’t-do-updated-september-2019.323988/unread

I can see that you qualified as recently as last month, is there a particular reason why you’ve switched from OPI to this system?

TruGel may require a different application technique, but in any event is more than likely to be alongside the designated lamp for the system. In this regard, please see the link below which explains in more detail:

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/uv-lamps-explained-why-any-old-lamp-just-won’t-do-updated-september-2019.323988/unread
The place I took the lessons at works with O.P.I but they also told us that for example trugel bonds with O.P.I. The reason I use trugel and Q-tech is the price actually... Yesterday I bought 2 O.P.I gels btw.
The lamp I use isn’t OP.I’s nor EZflew’s. (Btw I’m sorry if there are some grammatical errors, as you can tell my native language is Hebrew).

Thank you.

Also, if you already hold a certificate for OPI GelColor, I’m curious why have you decided to switch?

I don’t think it’s appropriate that this poster has had to post their certificate on a public forum in order to get help when nobody else has and I think it needs to be removed to avoid others copying it.

I don’t think it’s appropriate that this poster has had to post their certificate on a public forum in order to get help when nobody else has and I think it needs to be removed to avoid others copying it.

The OP was not asked to post a copy of her certificate, but volunteered it. In any event, it has now been deleted.

The OP was not asked to post a copy of her certificate, but volunteered it. In any event, it has now been deleted.
Thanks! Didn’t think of it.

I use pure acetone, and often i will warm it up (bowl of acetone in another bowl of warm water, then take it out) This activates the acetone and speeds up the removal process.

Hopefully, this helps. :)

I use pure acetone, and often i will warm it up (bowl of acetone in another bowl of warm water, then take it out) This activates the acetone and speeds up the removal process.

Hopefully, this helps. :)
But isn’t it harmful for the nails?

Latest posts

Back