Small business grants ??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becki x

Reaction score
It was mentioned to me briefly yesterday,that i may be eligible for a small business grant.

For 50 % of the cost for training and set up with no pay back and 50% interest free pay back.

This was a passing comment and so i wondered if anyone knows where i should start.

What companies offer this or is it a local authority scheme ?

I would have done a search but i am currently online through broadband medic ..... long story lol ,so it won't let me.

Any advise,information or even links are much appreciated,thanks geeks xx

Hi hunny, try the Business Link in your area they can advise you on grants and stuff. HTH:hug:

Around here quite alot of parish councils have grants available to people that want to start up their own business. You can borrow up to 10,000 & there is either no interest or its something like 1% then you pay it back within 5 years i think.

It might be worth checking at your local church/libary/council as they usually hold info about it.
My friend got approved for a grant & she lives in a totally different county to me so i know its not just here:)

Downside is not everyone that applies gets the cash. You have to do a presentation & have a detailed business plan.

There is the Prince Charles trust fund too.. and the jobcentres help out aswell... my friend (single mum, little one just started full time) had to leave work due to cramped driving conditions but she wanted to start her own sandwich business - she has had loads of help and advice and it can even be funded BUT her boyfriend wants her in a 'stable job' and so she has quit the process of doing it :Grope:

Thanks for your help.I have been in touch with all of the above,but the one who it seems may be able to help is the prince's trust,fingers crossed .I will let you know when they get back to me x

Latest posts

Back