Small nail plates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
My daughter has the smallest nailplates I have ever seen,I have done her enhancements in the past but they have never looked as good as someone with larger plates.

Is it just better to avoid enhancing people with small nail plates.Would sculpts look better than tips?Ive tried making them short,but they are so small they look like a dolly's hands:green:She's asked me to start doing them again and I dont relish the thought tbh,but she's a nail biter and it helps her to break the habit.:eek:

Can you not do a custom blend on her Babs?

Try a single colour overlay and then use enamel...

It's a PITA to do tiny nail plates as I've done my daughters and they were really difficult, the problem I found was the finishing/buffing and trying my hardest not to catch her skin while filing.

Try a single colour overlay and then use enamel...

It's a PITA to do tiny nail plates as I've done my daughters and they were really difficult, the problem I found was the finishing/buffing and trying my hardest not to catch her skin while filing.
I kid you not the thumb is about the size of 1/4 of mine,yes the buffing can be hard as well.She loves the pink and white look but it can look sooo unbalanced,even kept really short.

Could you do a one colour with a french mani over the top, although you'd still see the difference between the bed and the overlay....custom blend or coverage is the way to go.....even a coverage pink, one colour would look cool with a painted french over the top.

I must be a freak.. I love working on tiny nails, super easy, and love the result, its like a miniturised real size nail enhancement. *Zap - shrink ray*

babs i know exactly what you mean, my nails are so small, my thumb nail is as big as some peoples pinkie nail!! its a bugger to file or buff my nails especially without catching skin, i have found that when i do my nails (which is very occasionally due to the probs ive had lately) the best way ive found to do mine is to just keep them short, do a natural tip, and not P&W which looks odd no matter what i try, (i really need to learn custom blends at some point i suppose) and most of the time i end up painting them

xx

Sadly no Jackie,perhaps that would be the answer,then I could extend the nailplate.

Hi BABSann, Not sure if you do custom blend or not....lol.
David

Hi BABSann, Not sure if you do custom blend or not....lol.
David
No I dont David,I can see this would be the way to go though,I will try what you have suggested Cathie in the meantime.Maybe custom blend should be my next class,something I want/need to learn anyway.Thanks:hug:

No I dont David,I can see this would be the way to go though,I will try what you have suggested Cathie in the meantime.Maybe custom blend should be my next class,something I want/need to learn anyway.Thanks:hug:

Hi BABSann, if you have flawless pink then you can extend the nailplate using that. If you find it too peachy, you could mix flawless pink with perfect colour pink just to pink it up a bit. You have to be spot on with your mix ratio tho as one powder is transclucent and the other is opaque and you could get a marbling effect if your not spot on.
David

Hi BABSann, if you have flawless pink then you can extend the nailplate using that. If you find it too peachy, you could mix flawless pink with perfect colour pink just to pink it up a bit. You have to be spot on with your mix ratio tho as one powder is transclucent and the other is opaque and you could get a marbling effect if your not spot on.
David
Ok that's great David,will give it a try,thankyou.:hug:

I mix flawless pink and intense pink 50/50 get no marbling and it covers sins and extends nail beds really well hth

I recently did some teeny weeny nails for a 13 yr old:rolleyes:, her nails were soooo small, yes it was hard not to catch the skin but not impossible and tbh she was transferred for her party from a nibbled wreck to a picture of elegance and she was so chuffed it was worth all the effort:green: (btw I've given all relevant care and info to the mum as well and they know I have doubts about nails on one so young but they are short and she is coping well so far)

I used cover pink from Ezflow High Definition which was perfect for her, good luck with your daughter's nails, how old is she?

My pinkie is about a 9or10. My thumbs about a 6. I have tiny nails but maybe sinc I always do my own its not a problem. I am just the opposite when it comes to large nail plates I sometimes use not enough product. I am a bitter too so I understand. I either use tips or scuplt but custom blend so you dont see the line half way down where my nail really is.

I my self have very small nail plates, and I do sculpts on my self, I find they look better then tips, and like your daughter I was a nail biter and now i am not!!
I think it will help her to have the sculpts on.

I mix flawless pink and intense pink 50/50 get no marbling and it covers sins and extends nail beds really well hth

Me too,even after cbm course this is still my fave mix :rolleyes: lol

Oh btw i LUUUURRRVVVEEE tiny plates,like doing ten pinkies (which is always my best nail ) LUSH :!:

Latest posts

Back