small scar on hand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
cleint has a v small scar on her hand will a moisturiser with lavender in hlep the healing process (it is dry) or is their a better option - shes worried about it staying there forever...any geeks got some more advise? thanks Louise

Dont think Lavender will do much for it.

My suggestion would be CU Renu as it contains a patented copper peptide complex for this exact reason.
That and SolarOil will sort her out.

Hi Louise,
my ol' Dad (he's 71) said to get some vaseline and press in the scar with a warm spoonhandle!!! He reckons it works like an iron and flattens scars!!! Thats what the ol' boxers used to do!!!lol!!!

No...seriously!!! what about pure cocoa butter, that is excellent for scars and stretchmarks etc. or pure Vitamin E oil??

luv Sarah xx

vitamin e is renowned for healing scar tissue. One of the best natural sources of vitamin e is jojoba. A good quality cuticle oil such as solar oil contains jojoba.

My plastic surgeon advised the best thing for scars was to use vitamin e and avoid UVexposure. Without going into details about where exactly, the work I had done just last April is now completely scar free after following his advice.

Hello also being a beauty therapist trained with Decleor I can tell you that they have a product which can help to greatly reduce scar tissue especially if still pink and not an old scar to be honest it needs to be pink still for any product to have a real effect. Lavender is said to reduce scarring on a burn if used neat on the skin but it is not advisable to use other aromatherapy oils neat on the skin! Gently massaging the area can speed up healing time.
The first product from Decleor has to be used underneath the second for greater effect. Aromessence tonilastil this is also good for stretch marks that are still pink in colour or for pre-post pregnancy. It basically helps to restructure, tone and strenghten the epidermis. Directly after this use gel prolagene or tonilastil cream. I have heard very good feedback about these products. You could get in touch with Decleor via their web site or head office in London, www.decleor.com. However you would probably be best off buying from a Decleor salon as to order any thing at whole sale they have a very very high minimum order. This was a real shame as when I started up my home salon/ mobile business I wanted to keep using Decleor but couldn't afford the minimum order, boo hoo. But hey I use Susan Molyneux now and Lurvvv it!!! But I do miss my trusty Decleor. :cry:

Hi Lucy,
Thanks for mentioning the Decleor product, as I have just found out I'm expecting my 4th baby!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: (yes I know, glutton for punishment......just as we were going to book a month in Australia again lol!!!) and as I'm nearly a stone heavier and a bit 'older' than I was with the last 3, I'm terrified of getting any stretch marks this time (was very lucky and didn't get any at all previously!).
Did you get many clients use this product? And were the results good?

Thanks

luv Sarah xx

ps. Sorry to all :o , I know this is not about nails, but was picking up the thread of scar tissue and stretch marks!

loo said:
Hello also being a beauty therapist trained with Decleor I can tell you that they have a product which can help to greatly reduce scar tissue Aromessence tonilastil this is also good for stretch marks that are still pink in colour or for pre-post pregnancy. It basically helps to restructure, tone and strenghten the epidermis.

decleor prolagene is brilliant for scar tissue and stretch marks, i have used this product for ages, and always bought it for my daughter when pregnant she has 3 children but no stretch marks at all, if memory serves me plastic surgeons where involved with the production.
i get mine from qvc uk.

shropshiredawn said:
decleor prolagene is brilliant for scar tissue and stretch marks, i have used this product for ages, and always bought it for my daughter when pregnant she has 3 children but no stretch marks at all, if memory serves me plastic surgeons where involved with the production.
i get mine from qvc uk.
What if you still have a couple of marks :o :o do you think it would still work now???

nailroom said:
Hi Lucy,
Thanks for mentioning the Decleor product, as I have just found out I'm expecting my 4th baby!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: (yes I know, glutton for punishment......just as we were going to book a month in Australia again lol!!!) and as I'm nearly a stone heavier and a bit 'older' than I was with the last 3, I'm terrified of getting any stretch marks this time (was very lucky and didn't get any at all previously!).
Did you get many clients use this product? And were the results good? Thanks luv Sarah xps. Sorry to all :o , I know this is not about nails, but was picking up the thread of scar tissue and stretch marks!

Hello Sarah congratulations on the baby :) Yes I used to use these products at the salon I used to work in and they were very popular. Your best bet is to speakto someone who works in a decleor salon or better still the head office to get them to tell you when to start using it etc and how to get the best results as if you are pregnant you can use it before the stomach stretches to help prevent the stretch marks too!!!! Hope all goes well let us know!!! Take care XX

Mrs Geek said:
What if you still have a couple of marks :o :o do you think it would still work now???
LOl :lol: only a couple of marks your lucky!!! Well I think the product only works for new scar tissue ie: scar tissue that is still pink in colour if it has turned silvery then it has already developed into old scar tissue but the product does help to reinforce the tissue texture therefore can help to smooth and remoisturise. :cool:

The Nail Geek said:
Dont think Lavender will do much for it.
QUOTE]

Please tell me why you don't think that Lavender would be helpful.

No offense, but i would not dream of telling you the best way to apply say, an acrylic tip, because it's not my area of expertise. Are you an Aromatherapist?
I practise Aromatherapy (have done for over 5 years now) and it should definitely help provided the scar is not too old. Other useful natural substances are Frankincense essential oil, Wheatgerm oil (a rich source of vitamin E), Aloe vera, colloidal silver, manuka honey and rosa mosquita (sp?) oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back