Smart answer required, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floss26

Reaction score
Geeks, help!

I have just got into a debate over on another forum about enhancements. I advised a poster that L&P enhancements will not ruin her nails if a quality product is used by a proficient nail tech. Someone else has now responded thus:

"If you're having extensions they WILL ruin your nails - if you're glueing something to the surface of your nail, the surface has to be keyed for the glue to hold the nail and acrylic/gel on."

As a newbie I don't know how to reply to this adequately but I obviously want to put this poster right. Please can someone suggest a good response? :)

enhancements do not ruin your nails unless done by someone who isnt trained properly or is using inferior products. nails need to be lightly buffed for gel to adhere to (i don't do acrylic so can't comment) they do not need to be "keyed" unless they are using MMA which true professionals will not. they are only ruined when MMA is used and rips the nail off or when buffed off are over filed or electric files are used. all these things are done in NSS's.

dont no how to word it properly but hope that helps. xx

Damage to the natural nail is caused by the technician and their tools not the products used (so long as quality products are used). If products are applied and removed correctly, with aftercare being followed then the natural nail will have no damage.

or as greg salo would say

it's not the tools that the damage.....

it's the fools that do it...

Thanks very much everyone. I wanted to make absolutely sure that I was getting the right info out there and hopefully that's what I've now done. :biggrin:

Geeks, help!

I have just got into a debate over on another forum about enhancements. I advised a poster that L&P enhancements will not ruin her nails if a quality product is used by a proficient nail tech. Someone else has now responded thus:

"If you're having extensions they WILL ruin your nails - if you're glueing something to the surface of your nail, the surface has to be keyed for the glue to hold the nail and acrylic/gel on."

As a newbie I don't know how to reply to this adequately but I obviously want to put this poster right. Please can someone suggest a good response? :)

Well, tip extention is just one method , if the debate is about using glue, how about the sculpting with form, also a way of extention without glue.

God u r brave. I would have gone into one lol! Did they reply to u?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

They shouldn't harm your nail if applied correctly!

I dont use acrylic I use Calgel but I always put a lil bit of clear gel half way down the nail so that when I place my tip on and it's set ready to blend I'm blending the tip onto the gel not onto the natural nail.
That's how I was taught though, hth x x

Latest posts

Back