Smart Polish problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliciaCharlotte

Reaction score
I know this company has already been brought up on this site, but I wanted to share an experience I had recently, and hopefully prevent this happening again!

In December 2015 the college i'm attending, North Warwickshire and Hinckley College, brought in Smart Polish for enrichment. The training given was by the reps of the company and as a result, the afternoon was mainly a sales pitch promoting how amazing and innovative this product was. Excited to try this product, we were provided with a lamp and the colours of our choice to paint our fingernails and toenails. One of the main aspects of this product is that there is no need for a base or top coat, however we were given a base coat to use if we wanted.

Eager to get started with building a client basis, I had already booked 2 nail parties prior to the Smart Polish training charging minimally as I am still a student. I had also bought 12 polishes and the lamp online and also I decided to buy 6 polishes from the ladies, when they came into the college, spending over £200 in total, quite an investment for a student.

Only one day after the training, I got out of the shower and noticed that i was able to literally push off the polish on my toenails and it all came off incredibly easily. The polish on my fingernails also chipped and started to peel after a few days and didn't last even a week. Frustrated, I returned to college to see if others had the same problems. The majority of the class had, with the exception of only one or two girls out of about 15 who had no problems with it. I had to explain to the ladies i had booked the party with, and both cancelled understandably.

After explaining this to the company via email, they told me to ring them as I was "doing something wrong". After the phone call, of them explaining to me rather patronisingly what I needed to do, I was sure that i was doing it right. They did however send me out a primer free of charge, which thought was good of them. I tried the product again, on 3 different peoples nails and again, chipped after 2 days. One of the other students from college also complained to them about the same problems and received similar replies.

I'd like to add that i had experimented with the application of the polish and used a top coat to ensure best results. Still no luck and with complete frustration with the companies customer service and unbelievably bad English, I asked for a full refund and to return the products to them. They refused and said I had to send them the polishes to test them. I sent them 4 that I had used and after about 4 weeks I emailed them to see if there was any update. The reply is attached, stating that there was nothing wrong with them, saying for about the 4th time that i was doing something wrong. After being trained by them, reading the step by step guide they gave us and going over it twice with them over the phone I am certain i am not doing it wrong.

I'm incredibly frustrated and angry and have no idea what to do next!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alicia

[message correspondence images removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back