Smart Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Nailzoo,
Good advice...

Hi lechat, you seem to be ruffling a lot of feathers on salon geek and personally I find that not very professional and would put me off looking into smartpolish (this is my opinion, it is an open forum ;)). Apart from being one gel that does all, how much research is behind smartpolish? Is there an MSDS sheet? Is there staining to the nail? Does it stay shiney? Any clients we shouldn't be using it on? There's no information at all besides its one bottle that does all so I hope you can clear this up :) xx

Hi LeChat

I, for one, am always interested in new products! However, as a professional, I like to have quite a bit of the technology involved available so I can understand the product. This seems to be a little difficult to discover but perhaps that is available on training courses?

I have to say I find it a bit alarming that your demos had cut down on prep and shortened the recommended cure time! They only concentrated on ease of application? On the whole, professionals attending a trade show know how to paint but actually need to see and understand the whole application process and experience the performance of the product.

There are a few brands that use only 1 component of a UV cured coloured material now. I'd be interested to know how this brand differs? If it doesn't I don't see that as a problem as there is room for several brands of a similar type.

Maybe I was imagining it but I thought I read a long thread started by you recently that introduced the brand but it seems to have disappeared!

There are several questions raise in this thread now so I'm sure many will be interested in your answers

... The girls cut the curing times down to show the easy application and to demonstrate the concept ...

So if you cut curing times down at the show, you potentially risked the health of every person this was demonstrated on :shocked: with uncured product, that risks allergy development.

Edit: just read mum's post above highlighting the same thing and what I know compared to mum, would fit on the free edge of her little finger!

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Last edited:
Me too ... Outrageous!! and shows a complete lack of understanding of the fundamentals of UV technology. Pure guess-work and just WRONG. It also shows that the product is generic and nothing out of the norm.

Risking overexposure and product breakdown on potential customers ?? ... not the best way to market a product or show it off to its best IMHO.
Perhaps the purveyors of this product need to learn what we geeks know all too well.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/172609-uv-product-summary.html

Last edited:
Me too ... Outrageous!! and shows a complete lack of understanding of the fundamentals of UV technology. Pure guess-work and just WRONG. It also shows that the product is generic and nothing out of the norm.

Risking overexposure and product breakdown on potential customers ?? ... not the best way to market a product or show it off to its best IMHO.
Perhaps the purveyors of this product need to learn what we geeks know all too well.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/172609-uv-product-summary.html

Hi Geeg, I was wondering is there an issue also dangerous is you "overcure" gels? Like do 2 times 2 minutes on one coat by accident because you forget u did it already? I did that to myself yesterday on one hand:(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Hi Geeg, I was wondering is there an issue also dangerous is you "overcure" gels? Like do 2 times 2 minutes on one coat by accident because you forget u did it already? I did that to myself yesterday on one hand:(
Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

There is no danger issue of over curing gel. Your gel nails are exposed to UV light for weeks after curing. 2 extra minutes in a UV lamp will cause no issues whatsoever. Think of nail art ... How many times do we cure and cure again! Don't fret about it. When its cured its essentially cured. If the product ages prematurely then you would know by service breakdown ... But danger? No.

Jessica15,
Please refrain from suggesting we are a dodgy company! Just because you may not have heard of us certainly doesn't give you the right to suggest such things.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask us directly.
You also stated that there's no information or research on the product which is totally beyond my comprehension. Any new product coming to market has to go through R&D.
Do you imagine we make such a thing in the kitchen sink!
This product meets the very latest EU regulations, and has no substances in it that will be on the banned list come December...
Sometimes people can be just too quick to put down a product they haven't even tried nor even read about...

Jessica15,
Please refrain from suggesting we are a dodgy company! Just because you may not have heard of us certainly doesn't give you the right to suggest such things.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask us directly.
You also stated that there's no information or research on the product which is totally beyond my comprehension. Any new product coming to market has to go through R&D.
Do you imagine we make such a thing in the kitchen sink!
This product meets the very latest EU regulations, and has no substances in it that will be on the banned list come December...
Sometimes people can be just too quick to put down a product they haven't even tried nor even read about...

Oh my, talk about overreaction! I never said smartpolish was a 'dodgy' company, please state where in my comment I said that? I only stated I found you quite unprofessional, as you have put down some very reputable geeks on here. You also never answered my questions which I'm genuinely interested in.

Also you have ignored mum's, dnx's and geeg's comments, would you be able to clear this up for us all :) xx

LeChat please could you answer some of the questions around the technology & R&D that this product has gone through or at least post a MSDS for us.
I for one would be interested 😊

Please refrain from ping pong pot shots at each other. Nail technicians now adays are much more savy than they used to be - we all want to know the nitty gritty of the science and technical research behind our products. We no longer are convinced by new products just because they are new.

Let's move this thread along and try and get some answers. If it continues in the current vein of personal messages then it will be closed.

Thanks!

I started reading this with much anticipation.

I cant believe that "we" professionals are acting in this way.:cry:

The professionals are only asking questions .. and no one is answering them.

I now know of at least (three) 3 companies who are promoting this polish and no one is answering any of the questions that are being asked. It makes for frustration.

Professionals can get as frustrated as anyone else, especially when they are used to hearing the facts from companies like CND who serve the professional and willingly supply all the info they need when they need it and aren't afraid to give it out..

I started reading this with much anticipation.

I cant believe that "we" professionals are acting in this way.:cry:

What 'way' is that?

I rarely post in this forum as I find it can be very opinionated and to be honest, down right bitchy. A lot of snobbery I feel, hence I generally only log on to read posts that I am interested in.

However I am posting today as I am currently on day 4 of wearing Smart Polish in a red colour (I cannot remember the name, Rose something) which was dropped off at our salon this week as a free sample, after having a brochure delivered to us a few weeks ago, and we contacted them asking for a sample.

So far I have experienced no scratching off, chipping or flaking or anything, and I am a full time nail tech using acrylic and Calgel and IBD gel polishes.

It still looks pretty shiny, granted not as shiny as a gel polish with a top coat. So far three of us staff from our salon are trialling it, we will see how it lasts.

There you go, an honest opinion from a nail tech wearing the product. I will update when I have had it on for 2 weeks (if it lasts).

I rarely post in this forum as I find it can be very opinionated and to be honest, down right bitchy. A lot of snobbery I feel, hence I generally only log on to read posts that I am interested in.

However I am posting today as I am currently on day 4 of wearing Smart Polish in a red colour (I cannot remember the name, Rose something) which was dropped off at our salon this week as a free sample, after having a brochure delivered to us a few weeks ago, and we contacted them asking for a sample.

So far I have experienced no scratching off, chipping or flaking or anything, and I am a full time nail tech using acrylic and Calgel and IBD gel polishes.

It still looks pretty shiny, granted not as shiny as a gel polish with a top coat. So far three of us staff from our salon are trialling it, we will see how it lasts.

There you go, an honest opinion from a nail tech wearing the product. I will update when I have had it on for 2 weeks (if it lasts).

I will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this product. I too have been asked and approached about the product, but decided against it. It is from a local company, who I would like to support, but until I hear actual 'evidence' and we all hear back from the company, regarding unanswered questions, I cannot make a judgment. Look forward to seeing your nails Carlabarbie ;-)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373228846.323602.jpg

Not the best pic as taken on my iPad with no flash.

Yeah if it's still on... Remind me though, as I said I don't often come on here any more! X

Latest posts

Back