Smart Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't use shellac, I use IBD and always lightly buff as part of prep. I even do it with manicures but then buff with a buffer and oil afterwards. Which I know will make you all recoil with horror.

You can see my other hand but 2 things- 1. I didn't do this hand so it's not up to my standard. 2. I had bitten the nails on this hand prior to having the smart polish on.

It is my understanding from your previous post that the prep for SmartPolish includes buffing of the nail, I just said that I get better lasting results from Shellac without any buffing. Unless we are not discussing pros and cons of SmartPolish anymore, then I apologize for the misunderstanding

I don't use shellac, I use IBD and always lightly buff as part of prep. I even do it with manicures but then buff with a buffer and oil afterwards. Which I know will make you all recoil with horror.

You can see my other hand but 2 things- 1. I didn't do this hand so it's not up to my standard. 2. I had bitten the nails on this hand prior to having the smart polish on.

When you were working today, did you find that with use of products the colour came off onto any pad/cottonwool that you were using? And do you feel the shine has lasted as well as your usual gel polish?
Sorry, one more, are your nails quite bendy with it? :)

When you were working today, did you find that with use of products the colour came off onto any pad/cottonwool that you were using? And do you feel the shine has lasted as well as your usual gel polish?
Sorry, one more, are your nails quite bendy with it? :)

No, nothing comes off! They are still shiny! Yes, nails are bendy. I think this product would be a great add on service for colour over acrylics, great for toes, and great for those who have naturally strong nails. I think the usual gel polishes and shellac will still be more popular because they do add a little strength with having the base and top coat. But I do think this is great, and so quick and easy. I have loads of clients who have gel polish over acrylic and this would cut down the time and the cost to them.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373696382.064258.jpg

No, nothing comes off! They are still shiny! Yes, nails are bendy. I think this product would be a great add on service for colour over acrylics, great for toes, and great for those who have naturally strong nails. I think the usual gel polishes and shellac will still be more popular because they do add a little strength with having the base and top coat. But I do think this is great, and so quick and easy. I have loads of clients who have gel polish over acrylic and this would cut down the time and the cost to them.

It still looks good I think, I wonder what removal is like?

Carlabarbie how are the nails going? Thank you for answering all the questions!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

They're still on! I've filed the length down and they are fine! My thumb nail chipped however I haven't been able to peel it like I can with IBD gel polish.

I'm really impressed with it BUT I'm now bored of the colour and I hate seeing growth so I will be changing it this week.

Carlabarbie Please let us know how it removes because I have tried several brands for the very few ladies I have who don't get on with Shellac or Brisa smoothing and I just can't abide the removal of anything other than shellac!

Carlabarbie Please let us know how it removes because I have tried several brands for the very few ladies I have who don't get on with Shellac or Brisa smoothing and I just can't abide the removal of anything other than shellac!

How do you remove Shellac? Is it soaked off in that nourishing remover? With IBD we use acetone but having used it for years on CND acrylic and Calgel it's just the norm for us. Although a lot quicker than acrylic obviously!!

I assume this Smart Polish is acetone soak off but I will check first. Not doing it today will see when I have time over the next few days.

How do you remove Shellac? Is it soaked off in that nourishing remover? With IBD we use acetone but having used it for years on CND acrylic and Calgel it's just the norm for us. Although a lot quicker than acrylic obviously!!

I assume this Smart Polish is acetone soak off but I will check first. Not doing it today will see when I have time over the next few days.

We remove Shellac with either the nourishing remover and CND wraps or with dissolve, cotton wool and foils. It takes 8-10 mins max.
Thought how well the SmartPolish looked on your nails even with you working etc. How was your left hand forefinger ? After catching it filing? Was it dull?
Keep us posted on removal etc. :biggrin:

Well i defiantly don't think i'll be buying this product.
These are the messages between me and them.

Jodie Sheriff
Hi where can i buy Smart Polish from and do i need training in it?

5:24pm
Smart Polish
Hi Jodie You need to call 0115 966 3796 to order as prices depends on numbers also we can answer any questions you may have

July 11
1:53pm
Jodie Sheriff
I only want to buy a couple of colours to try them out as i am newly qualified and trying to choose the products i will be using. Also could you provide me with more information on the product i.e the science behind it, procedure, MSDS sheets.

Today
4:50pm
Smart Polish
That's fine Jodie. You still need to call us to buy.
Thank you for your interest in SmartPolish.

Why don't you give them a call and find out if you can get the answers to your questions? :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374164304.096521.jpg That's my left index and middle, yeah it's duller and got scuffed a bit from filing but even my acrylics do that, hazard of the job! Still not removed them as not had time.

Well i defiantly don't think i'll be buying this product.
These are the messages between me and them.

Jodie Sheriff
Hi where can i buy Smart Polish from and do i need training in it?

5:24pm
Smart Polish
Hi Jodie You need to call 0115 966 3796 to order as prices depends on numbers also we can answer any questions you may have

July 11
1:53pm
Jodie Sheriff
I only want to buy a couple of colours to try them out as i am newly qualified and trying to choose the products i will be using. Also could you provide me with more information on the product i.e the science behind it, procedure, MSDS sheets.

Today
4:50pm
Smart Polish
That's fine Jodie. You still need to call us to buy.
Thank you for your interest in SmartPolish.

Not sure why that puts you off from buying from them. They have only asked you to call regarding the product.

Alot of companies I have dealt with dont want to discuss initial details over email.

I personally prefer calling and having a good chat about the product instead of communicating over email as it takes so long and you will have answers straight away.

Alot of people are very negative regarding this product without even trying it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes, when I email a lot of companies they ask me to call them...I don't see the problem?

Latest posts

Back