Smart Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitterbomb

Reaction score
Hi All,

After going to Beauty UK this weekend i was intrigued by the new SmartPolish. I know very little about them other than you are not suppose to need dehydrator, base coat, top coat or cleanser. After visiting their site & trying to register, which was unsuccessful grrrrrr, im at a loss as to find futher info. Have any of you lovely fellow geeks managed to register ok? Also does anyone have any idea of costs & even tried it out? Im really frustrated i cant find out!!!!!!:grr::grr:
If anyone can help i would be really greatful x

Well when I google smart polish all I get is a great polish for my car! Or a site for smart Polish people!

Who is the distributor? What stand was this on at the Show, at this moment in time you know more than us lol ;)

I would like to know more about smart polish too, all I've seen is what is on their facebook page but it doesn't give a great deal of information. The next big thing possibly?

Well I doubt they're the worlds first one step gel polish because I know of two others lol
It makes me wonder because I bought some cheap gel polish off eBay to practise with and it does what these polishes are claiming to do, it finishes with no dispersion layer and a mega high gloss without base or top...chances are its the same stuff :/ x

Hi All,

Thank you to all you ladies that replied.
Just a very short update. I finally was able to register on the smartpolish website. Although they dont give alot of info on the site,(its fairly basic), i was able to find out the price. The price is £** for a 10ml bottle. It doesnt say anything about lamps, but from what i believe, although dont quote me on it, it can be cured under any uv/led lamp. Their facebook does say they are bringing out there own lamp in the very near future.
Hope this was a help to any of you ladies & gents that were intrested :) x

Last edited by a moderator:
Smart Polish has just arrived or launched here in Australia. And I had it applied at my local Nail Bar and love the results - I have acrylic nails. I saw it applied to a natural nail and the lady loved the results.

I have friends in the nail industry who have also taken on this product and word is slowly getting out there are about the Smart Polish, Gel polish product.

I have used a lot of nail brands over the years and I must say Shellac is not what it all cracks up to be and Gelish nails do not last as long as they claim. I am on my 11th day after having the orange colour applied and I have no chipping etc. and I have 3 children and I'm a stay at home mum who is busy all the time.

I love the product and I will continue to use it!:D

Smart Polish has just arrived or launched here in Australia. And I had it applied at my local Nail Bar and love the results - I have acrylic nails. I saw it applied to a natural nail and the lady loved the results.

I have friends in the nail industry who have also taken on this product and word is slowly getting out there are about the Smart Polish, Gel polish product.

I have used a lot of nail brands over the years and I must say Shellac is not what it all cracks up to be and Gelish nails do not last as long as they claim. I am on my 11th day after having the orange colour applied and I have no chipping etc. and I have 3 children and I'm a stay at home mum who is busy all the time.

In the 10 years that I have been a nail tech, I have never seen any professional nail polish chip on acrylic/gel or fibreglass nails. I just stays put, you really don't need a gel polish on your enhancements.

Trying to promote a brand by knocking two highly respected brands is not the way forward. As a professional, that totally puts me off, added to the fact that the product cannot be found on the internet and their facebook page is very odd.

Considering this is the only post you have ever posted on salongeek AND knocked shellac and gelish gives you absolutely no creditation at all.

Considering this is the only post you have ever posted on salongeek AND knocked shellac and gelish gives you absolutely no creditation at all.

I'm sure people are allowed opinions on products they've tried - whether they are new to the forum or not? I don't think the poster was being offensive I'm any way, just saying what she feels

I'm sure people are allowed opinions on products they've tried - whether they are new to the forum or not? I don't think the poster was being offensive I'm any way, just saying what she feels

Completely disagree with this. Sorry. You can see an advertising pitch versus a genuine trial of a product.

It's totally unnecessary to knock two large reputable brands also. The claims are ridiculous and we all know how many thousands of people are successful with both Shellac and Gelish.

As Juicy has said, it's a total put off when someone comes on here knocking brands with the motive to promote another.

Last edited:
After 10 years as a moderator of this website let me tell you .... One totally gets a 'nose' for the ones who are here with their own agenda and those who are here for genuine reasons and to give genuine help.. Not pointing any fingers :D Just saying!

I'd love to hear Carl's (nailzoo) comments because he is both genuine and honest. He will know the scoop.

Time will tell, before anything else, I like to see some "science" behind a product, unless a company had an R&D department devoted to just that "research and development" it is more than probable that it is a mass produced, vat produced product rebottled.
Really you cannot trial these polishes over acrylic nails (as that isn't what they are designed for) most polishes will adhere to acrylics for quite some time.

The trouble with many of these gel polishes is ...... they promise the world and you believe them, you go out and by them by trusting what is said by the supplier (the ones with no science behind them), then you repeat what said supplier said to you to your customers, only to find out the product doesn't live up to expectations .... then you lose clients because they see this as lying to them.

Interesting that this requires no base or top coat, I would be worried about pigment staining .

By all means try new products, but for gawds sake, just buy a few (the basics) try it out on yourself, your mum, your sister etc .... your clients are not guinea pigs.

That being said, manufacturers of a product should be able to answer "ALL" of your questions whether basic or scientific .... they should be able to explain why it works, how it works and what makes it different, otherwise it's more than likely what I call a "Vat product".

Anyone (if they have the money and contacts) can purchase bulk products and claim them as their own.

It's interesting that yet another "company" jumps on the gel polish bandwagon (as if there weren't enough).

Having said all that, try it, but be careful what "YOU" promise ( ask for MSDS).

There is no science behind this product, just a "trust me" attitude and we have all seen that before. How can something adhere to an un-prepped nail surface (we all, or should know the basics of prep).

I don't like to product bash, but just tread with caution, ask questions and demand answers, reputable companies and products should be easily accessible .

No doubt I will have more to add when I have done some mooching :)

http://www.smartpolish.co.uk/index.php/smart-polish

Last edited:
Wow! My intentions as a first timer was never to offend anyone or a product. I have been a Shellac CND fan and also other nail products. I wasn't in anyway bad mouthing or being rude about other brands or products in my review.

I was only doing a search through Google on peoples feedback or opinions on the Smart polish gel and came across this forum and a couple of comments were about 'has anyone tried it?' or 'has any feedback...etc.?' I am new to the forum as a big Nail fan on all products and only gave my opinion on what I have experienced regarding the Smartpolish compared to other I have used - it was only new to my local Salon and I was used as a happy guinea pig.... :)

Sorry for offending anyone or the products used by you as professional and maybe I shouldn't have used brand names etc. As I believe this is what has offended some of you in a professional aspect.

I don't no all the science and expert information on this product - I am only a consumer and user of nail polishes and in my opinion it is living up to what I was told by the Nail Tech.

I would hope in the future if I was going to make any other reviews on a product I would be given the opportunity without all the negative replies - we all have the right to share and give our personal or professional opinions regarding a product/brand. Isn't that what Forums are all about?

I have never been given this reception at any other beauty forum......

Wow! My intentions as a first timer was never to offend anyone or a product. I have been a Shellac CND fan and also other nail products. I wasn't in anyway bad mouthing or being rude about other brands or products in my review.

I was only doing a search through Google on peoples feedback or opinions on the Smart polish gel and came across this forum and a couple of comments were about 'has anyone tried it?' or 'has any feedback...etc.?' I am new to the forum as a big Nail fan on all products and only gave my opinion on what I have experienced regarding the Smartpolish compared to other I have used - it was only new to my local Salon and I was used as a happy guinea pig.... :)

Sorry for offending anyone or the products used by you as professional and maybe I shouldn't have used brand names etc. As I believe this is what has offended some of you in a professional aspect.

I don't no all the science and expert information on this product - I am only a consumer and user of nail polishes and in my opinion it is living up to what I was told by the Nail Tech.

I would hope in the future if I was going to make any other reviews on a product I would be given the opportunity without all the negative replies - we all have the right to share and give our personal or professional opinions regarding a product/brand. Isn't that what Forums are all about?

I have never been given this reception at any other beauty forum......

Sorry Sassy, after your explanation it was really rude of me to jump on your back about it! I'm sorry :o. Being on this site for a fair few years I've seen soooooooo many one-time posters that jump on a thread and promote a brand, pretending to be a consumer or a tech but instead are sales reps trying to push a product which is REALLY annoying! They have no scientific back-up, research or any information about the product and it usually turns out to be a dodgy company. Sorry again hun xx

Thanks Jessica15 appreciate your apology :) XX

Sorry, I am still looking and searching for more info on this product and I came across this article - now that someone mentioned the chemicals used etc. I am now getting more curious.....

SmartPolish Launch in Australia | Professional BeautyProfessional Beauty

For anyone interested in what this Smart polish is all about or to find out more info as a professional.

xx

Sorry, I am still looking and searching for more info on this product and I came across this article - now that someone mentioned the chemicals used etc. I am now getting more curious.....

SmartPolish Launch in Australia | Professional BeautyProfessional Beauty

For anyone interested in what this Smart polish is all about or to find out more info as a professional.

xx

As far as I can see, this product is sold to anyone including consumers which makes it a consumer brand not a professional product. I am also not aware of any excitement about it in the UK nor am I aware that it has been launched at any beauty shows in the UK (and as CND suppliers we do attend trade shows as exhibitors and I can tell you where all the excitement is at shows) to 'rapturous reviews'.

As a consumer and non professional yourself, I really can't understand why you are 'flogging' this on a profesdional site and posting links etc to what is clearly not a professional use product? Why the great interest? It's just another amongst thousands of other gels, which can be applied over acrylic nails and last. Nothing revolutionary or ground breaking about that, and the false marketing with no scientific back up or information would really put me off using it as a professional. I might as well go and use the stuff they sell at Argos to consumers, in my business!

Wow! Ok I don't mind feedback and listening to others voice their opinions about products etc. and I must have misunderstood that this is a professional only community forum - sorry for that!

I guess to answer your question regarding why you assume I'm 'flogging' this product.....my friends are nail tech's who have received samples of the product and are testing the product out with repeat clients and friends and so far they are liking the product. I am a regular on other beauty forums and love all aspects of beauty products and enjoy sharing my personal experiences I have with all my products.

I have never felt so unwelcome to a forum where there are worse comments and critiques on other products yet you are attacking me because my experience with a product was good compared to other that I have used over the years...

Great products can be applied by the bad technicians and I get that...and great products can be applied by great technicians....that's the truth.

My friend is an experienced nail tech who understands all the fundamentals of applying a nail polish/gel polish etc. and does not rush into any product without researching it first.

So disappointed to hear that professionals who service the public regarding products are attacking a consumer when it is us that you as the professionals are offering these services too.

When a consumer like myself likes a product we share it on various blogs and forums and discuss them.

Count me out of this forum.....so not professional and far from giving constructive feedback or opinions.......

I have not been nasty at all, no-one deserves to be treated this way!!!!!
Some of you need to calm down......

By the way GEEG....you need to check your facts this is not a consumer product!!!!!
Its only sold to professionals and it was at the beauty expo's in the UK check online....they were there!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back