Smart Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Ok I don't mind feedback and listening to others voice their opinions about products etc. and I must have misunderstood that this is a professional only community forum - sorry for that!

I guess to answer your question regarding why you assume I'm 'flogging' this product.....my friends are nail tech's who have received samples of the product and are testing the product out with repeat clients and friends and so far they are liking the product. I am a regular on other beauty forums and love all aspects of beauty products and enjoy sharing my personal experiences I have with all my products.

I have never felt so unwelcome to a forum where there are worse comments and critiques on other products yet you are attacking me because my experience with a product was good compared to other that I have used over the years...

Great products can be applied by the bad technicians and I get that...and great products can be applied by great technicians....that's the truth.

My friend is an experienced nail tech who understands all the fundamentals of applying a nail polish/gel polish etc. and does not rush into any product without researching it first.

So disappointed to hear that professionals who service the public regarding products are attacking a consumer when it is us that you as the professionals are offering these services too.

When a consumer like myself likes a product we share it on various blogs and forums and discuss them.

Count me out of this forum.....so not professional and far from giving constructive feedback or opinions.......

I have not been nasty at all, no-one deserves to be treated this way!!!!!
Some of you need to calm down......

What an over the top and silly response. No one has been nasty or attacked you at all, in fact
YOU personally have not been treated in any WAY but you seem to have had a very personal reaction to comments about something that at the end of the day is just another' gel polish! Sorry, but as a profesional I don't see anything exciting about it ... Nothing new or different it can offer either me or clients ... Research produces next to nil information about it other than it really has nothing new to offer professionals. Even the blurb in the link you posted is all fluff and no substance. No one is knocking the polish, just pointing out that there is nothing innovative or wildly interesting or USP about another UV cured colour coat.

Last edited:
By the way GEEG....you need to check your facts this is not a consumer product!!!!!
Its only sold to professionals and it was at the beauty expo's in the UK check online....they were there!!!!!!

Ooh! Really? Which beauty expos were they at in the UK where there was so much excitement generated? Excel? Professional Beauty? the Nailympics, Scottish Beauty or GMex Manchester?
Or was it only Birmingham?

As for it being pro only .... Nowhere is that indicated on the FB page which was linked by the OP ... I would say anyone can buy it without any checks.

Last edited:
I asked for details on the "science" aspect of the product on their Facebook page, I was told it was a trade secret (fair enough) but I would like to understand how it works ...... CND will tell you how all their products work .... they can, because they make them.
Very few ...... "I'm going to use an umbrella here" Gel polish distributors will explain how their products work .... CND will .... love the tiny tunnels and the fact they have distanced themselves from "Gel polish".
I also found it interesting that my answer on Facebook also included "it won't stain the nail", I didn't ask that on Facebook, but I did mention it in here ... SO, I'd imagine the initial promoter of the product in here answered my question (or doubts) on Facebook, so I'd say this post was a not so well disguised promo.

It's best to be honest about things, honesty sells much better :)

But I will give you all an update, I will be attending Sydney Spa & Beauty Expo this August.
I am looking forward to asking questions and hopefully getting some answers, who know, I may end up liking it .... I hope I do

I asked for details on the "science" aspect of the product on their Facebook page, I was told it was a trade secret (fair enough) but I would like to understand how it works ...... CND will tell you how all their products work .... they can, because they make them.
Very few ...... "I'm going to use an umbrella here" Gel polish distributors will explain how their products work .... CND will .... love the tiny tunnels and the fact they have distanced themselves from "Gel polish".
I also found it interesting that my answer on Facebook also included "it won't stain the nail", I didn't ask that on Facebook, but I did mention it in here ... SO, I'd imagine the initial promoter of the product in here answered my question (or doubts) on Facebook, so I'd say this post was a not so well disguised promo.

It's best to be honest about things, honesty sells much better :)

But I will give you all an update, I will be attending Sydney Spa & Beauty Expo this August.
I am looking forward to asking questions and hopefully getting some answers, who know, I may end up liking it .... I hope I do

Oh :( I guess I wasted an apology then lol.! Hopefully I'll see you at Sydney this year that would be fantastic!!

probably totally non appropriate but i would like to say that i have weak nails and gel polish seldom lasts on me the way i would like (maximum time, minimal input from me :)lol) but even cheap regular nail polish will stay on top of my acrylics for weeks on end....this is why i have acrylics and why i am a nail tech, it is all about the knowledge. I don`t consider myself an expert in anyway but even i can see that gel polish on acrylic is no recommendation whatsoever.

probably totally non appropriate but i would like to say that i have weak nails and gel polish seldom lasts on me the way i would like (maximum time, minimal input from me :)lol) but even cheap regular nail polish will stay on top of my acrylics for weeks on end....this is why i have acrylics and why i am a nail tech, it is all about the knowledge. I don`t consider myself an expert in anyway but even i can see that gel polish on acrylic is no recommendation whatsoever.

Well of course you are right .. it certainly is no test of how a gel polish lasts on natural nails when it's used over an enhancement material. Any type of colour coat lasts when it's painted on top of plastic!! :D So what's top secret ??? So far nothing has been revealed that is either innovative or unique or even different to any other UV cured colour.

I had a demo of Smart polish on one nail at the Beauty UK show. (I love Gelish but i was intrigued)

The colour was lovely, the application by the "so called professional" was dire, so not impressed.
It wasn't as shiny as Gelish, very patchy and scratched off easily, whats that saying....too good to be true :D

So a big no from me.

Hi Glitterbomb,
You can contact us directly on 0115 966 3796.

We were back to back at the show we were mobbed. The girls cut the curing times down to show the easy application and to demonstrate the concept. We did not have time to do full preps, infact we did no prep. It was purely an exercise to show quickly the steps involved. Two of the largest Spa chains have taken it on in the UK after trialling it extensively! One of the Worlds largest Wholesalers is taking it on after trialling. Top educators from other brands have tried and tested it and think it's marvellous, I could say more but I think I've made the point. We have distributors in many countries since our launch last month...

I have my own opinions of this smart polish, but I won't say. What I will say is that as someone who likes having a good search and nose though things before even bother to stand in a queue at some crowded stall at a beauty show (which I tend to avoid anyway because I absolutely hate crowds), I don't like the lack of info and having to phone someone to find out things. I mean- who will I be talking to? A person who's going to be using a bunch of marketing scripts and name throwing to try and intrigue me, or an actual expert who knows the product that can tell me exactly what I want to know? Why not just have an expert answer some questions here at a professional site?

Oh :( I guess I wasted an apology then lol.! Hopefully I'll see you at Sydney this year that would be fantastic!!

I don't understand, you jumped on the original posters back, what apology, this thread is really strange (go back and read all replies) ......

I just wanted some answers .....

I don't understand, you jumped on the original posters back, what apology, this thread is really strange (go back and read all replies) ......

I just wanted some answers .....

Yes, I did jump on their back but after she explained herself I apologised for being so abrupt. She since hasn't replied to any other questions and you made the point that it is most likely just another marketing ploy.

Dear Geeg,
Perhaps you should be less volatile to new products you know absolutely nothing about first hand!
Please do not state that this product is for retail when we have decided not to go with the two biggest retailers on the Planet! Our decision to stay Professional.
Perhaps you'd like to enlighten me if you actually travel the world looking for such products to bring to market! Or if you've been involved in research and development these last years working on such a concept!
The way you treated Sassy23's post was nothing less than rude, uninformed and was verging on bullying! What are you? The judge and jury?
This is an open forum, OPEN, forum. In my eyes therefore anyone should have the right to discuss any topic within the industry and that means any product, new or old.
The fact that you may not have even tried SmartPolish undermines your opinion to begin with. To then make ill informed statements about a brand is again rather foolish until you've tried it. No-one is stating you must buy any brand here. Forums are designed to highlight new products and ideas to the benefit of all...It's a forum, just because you may be against something for whatever reason, all I or anyone else would ask if for a certain amount of respect and tolerance.
Show some love in the house...

Hi Laura 1201,
Yes we feel SmartPolish will be the next big thing based on the feedback and interest shown to us thus far. There's absolutely o rulebook that says you have to stop using whatever brand you're with at the moment! But SmartPolish certainly does give other options to each salon or nail tech...
Already we have branched into many countries...

ChelseaNails,
Thank you for the comments but no this isn't a product off Ebay.
But since you're looking there for Gels anyway I won't bore you with SmartPolish.
In my opinion you're better to buy off a distributor that ensures the products you are purchasing are legitimate. That way you are covered by insurance should anything go wrong during or after a treatment!

GlitterBomb,
Thank you for the comments on SmartPolish.

Sassy23,
Thank you for your support with SmartPolish.
We're thrilled you love it...

Hi JUicy Lucy,
Please explain why the Facebook page is odd so that we may look into this!
Thank you,
SmartPolish.

Tommo,
Well said...

Hi Shannon,
only company to do an advertising pitch on SmartPolish would be us!
This we have not done on this site, nor have we instructed others to do so.
You can categorically state that any positive comments given are true observations.
I hope this clear up any confusion over this matter!

Latest posts

Back