Smart Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if their Facebook page is managed by someone who doesnt have this knowledge? Xx

I wonder if their Facebook page is managed by someone who doesnt have this knowledge? Xx

That's a very good point! Facebook pages are sometimes managed by admin staff who may not know or may not be able to give out prices/in depth info.

I love new products and seeing what colours are formulated etc so I hope some more people with more info find this post to share their thoughts and experiences, good or bad!

Carlabarbie Please let us know how it removes because I have tried several brands for the very few ladies I have who don't get on with Shellac or Brisa smoothing and I just can't abide the removal of anything other than shellac!

Have you tried opi gelcolor, a lot of my clients that don't get on with shellac keep this on better, and removal is even easier than shellac :)

Wow I think it still looks good considering there is no top coat. I spoke to them and they were helpful. I am going to give it a shot :)

Have you tried opi gelcolor, a lot of my clients that don't get on with shellac keep this on better, and removal is even easier than shellac :)
I haven't tried OPI as it came out not long after Orly Gel FX and that was a nightmare to remove and I waited to read reviews which in the beginning weren't overly great.

I haven't tried OPI as it came out not long after Orly Gel FX and that was a nightmare to remove and I waited to read reviews which in the beginning weren't overly great.

I had a bit of an issue with shrinkage in the beginning but I kept with it and now love it, I am thinking of just keeping it and not ordering any more shellac, my clients much prefer it and I rarely do shellac now :). Removal is so so easy :)

Just wish they would bring out different colours as they seem to be the same

Have you removed yet? How did you find removal if yes?

It puts me off having to ring them as with two small children at home i can never ring anyone in office hours as i can't hear them with the kids screaming or trying to take the phone of me. I always suffer with anxiety and can't call people i don't know. Every other company i have emailed have sent me information over or posted me the information i request.

I'm not trying to be negative towards the product as i haven't used it, i just don't like the fact they isn't any information about the product on there website/facebook page.

It puts me off having to ring them as with two small children at home i can never ring anyone in office hours as i can't hear them with the kids screaming or trying to take the phone of me. I always suffer with anxiety and can't call people i don't know. Every other company i have emailed have sent me information over or posted me the information i request.

I'm not trying to be negative towards the product as i haven't used it, i just don't like the fact they isn't any information about the product on there website/facebook page.

Does the website have an email address? Only my assumption (which could be wrong ;)) if it is someone else manning the FB page who cant actually answer your questions xx

Sorry no haven't removed it yet, been very short on time so what I actually did was buff with my white block to remove the shine and reapplied 2 coats of it! Looks ok, has chipped a bit now tho. I am hoping to remove it today as I have a small gap so will update.

Removed it on Thursday, soaked off in about 10 min in acetone

Thanks for letting us know, what your final verdict on it? :biggrin:

I think it's good! I think for an 'express service' for instance a lunch break mani type thing it would be great, and also for adding colour over acrylics it would be much less time consuming. My only problem is not having enough money to buy in the range along side the other gel polishes we use as I wouldn't do away with those. Might try to gradually build up a collection.

I think it's good! I think for an 'express service' for instance a lunch break mani type thing it would be great, and also for adding colour over acrylics it would be much less time consuming. My only problem is not having enough money to buy in the range along side the other gel polishes we use as I wouldn't do away with those. Might try to gradually build up a collection.

Thank you, I have a bottle on the way for me to try :)

tried it, found it dull ........ yes it's easy, it's kinda like a cheap paint-job on a car, if you want gloss, a real lustre, you need a topcoat, for the price, I think it's expensive ........ people will buy it (no doubt) i think everyone should, just to see what you are missing out on, then you will go scurrying back to your old system or adjust this to suite your needs ......... it's also all over Ebay now ...... MY OPINION OF COURSE

Sorry Sassy, after your explanation it was really rude of me to jump on your back about it! I'm sorry :o. Being on this site for a fair few years I've seen soooooooo many one-time posters that jump on a thread and promote a brand, pretending to be a consumer or a tech but instead are sales reps trying to push a product which is REALLY annoying! They have no scientific back-up, research or any information about the product and it usually turns out to be a dodgy company. Sorry again hun xx

It clearly states in her profile she is a supplier to the industry, so don't beat yourself up that she is a just a consumer with nail tech friends blah blah.

It clearly states in her profile she is a supplier to the industry, so don't beat yourself up that she is a just a consumer with nail tech friends blah blah.

LOL didnt even check her profile, thanks :) x

This thread may be totally out of date now and people moved on not that interested! But my supplier has only just started stocking this and having got some clients specifically requesting lilac I bought number 12 lilac bloom.

I normally use gellux (which I know is not terribly well regarded on here but I and my clients like it!) but thought I'd give smart polish a try.

I applied to my nails and it felt weird not prepping and cleansing and dehydrating but I went with it! The immediate results were good. Glossy nails and it applied nicely.

However... After a day the colour faded to a murky mushroom colour 😡!

I have since removed and reapplied but used my gellux top coat and the colour has remained lilac. 2 clients have requested it and I have applied for them with a warning! I've not heard any negatives yet so will re post when I've trialled it for 2 weeks if anyone is interested!

Have you contacted the manufacturer to inform them and to ask why this may have happened?

Excellent comments from nailzoo.

Can I also suggest that nail techs ask the distributor if they are registered on the European Cosmetic Product Notification Portal - by law all European located manufacturers and distributors had to register themselves and their products by 11th July 2013. The companies should be able to provide their CPNP registration number.

Manufacturers and first importers into Europe also have to have a Product Information File (PIF) that replaces the previous Safety and Risk document. The PIF now contains a lot more detail including toxicology analysis. Companies selling cosmetic products that failed to register on CPNP or don't have a PIF for each product are doing so illegally.

I don't know about the UK, but in Sweden most distributors and smaller manufacturers still haven't done this...

Unregistered nail products may also affect salon insurance policies.

Latest posts

Back