Smelly client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep a bottle of tea tree in my cupboard and pop some around my nostrils before i wash my hands if i have this :sad:

Last edited:
I keep a bottle of tea tree in my cupboard and pop some around my nostrils beofr ei wash my hands if i have this :sad:

I do this too. It was advice given to me from my partner that worked as a carer at the time.

Unfortunately, I have had the "pleasure" of waxing other therapists/students at college that had little concept of personal hygiene. It's not just washing or showering, that wont make a difference if they put on the same smelly clothes or shoes after.

I have a tanning salon and find this issue a lot!! We provide deodorants etc. But people still leave awful smells! I understand that people sweat on the Sunbed but the amount of air freshener we go through is ridiculous!

I'd put in plug-in air fresheners or the auto spraying ones before she arrives - this way you'll get a fresh smell being sprayed without being overly noticeable.

Maybe she's got low self esteem and once you start working your magic, hopefully she'll start taking care of herself and her hygiene..

Try a little sliver of carvol or vicks under nostril that way you could say that your just getting over a cold. Email sounds good.😀

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Think I remember reading that some care/nursing home workers put Vicks under their noses when they are working.

You could always wax her in a chair with her head back on a pillow? Xx

Isn't it terrible to have to consider these tactics though? I wish I had the courage and tact to say sorry, come back once your personal hygiene is better.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did it!!
And it was awful, but I'm glad I did it.
Windows open, candles burning, Vicks around my nose helped tonnes!!

She was very grateful.
I feel violated but I did it.

*phew!*

I've had this a few times but only with nail clients for some reason. Whether it's just them, their clothes, their hands or their breath. Had a lady today who smelt like a mix of tuna and sweet corn. I had to hold my breath when I leant closer to paint each nail. It's made me more self conscious and aware of washing my hands well and spritzing perfume after eating food that could smell and chewing gum constantly after eating!

I did it!!

And it was awful, but I'm glad I did it.

Windows open, candles burning, Vicks around my nose helped tonnes!!

She was very grateful.

I feel violated but I did it.

*phew!*

Well done you!

Latest posts

Back