Smile Line cutter!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjs Cosmetics

Reaction score
I am currently starting up my mobile business again and for the past year have been going to get my nails done and they have a wheel with the different smile lines on and use that and thier lines are always PERFECT!!!!

Anyone know where i can get this from?? or any tips on how to get the smile line perfect?!
Thanks

I am currently starting up my mobile business again and for the past year have been going to get my nails done and they have a wheel with the different smile lines on and use that and thier lines are always PERFECT!!!!

Anyone know where i can get this from?? or any tips on how to get the smile line perfect?!
Thanks

No idea, unless the use a konad stamper to do the smile lines.. Next time you go have a look for the name+ make sure you tell us!!!!

This is called a Smileline Cutter, you place your white on the free edge then use the cutter to give you a crisp smile line.

Now whilst you may think this sounds easy it's not! You only have to angle the thing a slight bit out and you will have different degrees of smiles ie: some with very deep smiles and some not so, also you have to work quick or it won't cut through the acrylic and it will just make a mess.

Your'e better off learning to do smile lines with your brush hun xx

Tips on learning how to do them yourself, which is faster and cheaper and safer, is to learn how to do it and practice until you can.

I tested this method 2-3 years ago and apart from taking much more time to do than just doing them yourself by hand, for the thing to work effectively you have to dip the 'cookie cutter' into NEAT MONOMER liquid first so that you get a clean cut and we all know that that is an unsafe practice that none of us should ever be doing .. right? Using neat monomer for anything is an overexposure hazard that will lead to sensitization and allergic reaction.

They didn't dip it into anything they simply use it to cut the acrylic of that wasn't needed then dipped the brush into acrylic liquid and went over the natural nail and got rid of excess White not needed.

To me this seemed alot quicker! I can do it myself just feel that it doesn't look perfect! I have been using the false nails ATM an it does the job just as good although wasting lots of nails!!! Thanks for all your comments xx

I have seen these around and have tried them myself. I found that the cutter is nice, however it takes a bit to master it, just like freehanding the smile lines. I have never seen them sold at a "pro-store", however I believe you should be able to find them on line.

You actually do not need to dip the cutter in monomer, but you have to move quickly and cut before the product sets up. It is a bit of a challenge to do, but if you have someone who is an expert to show you, you might be able to pick it up.

Give it a try, but I have found that free-handing the smile lines is more my thing....

Last edited:

Thanks

You can actually purchase the wheel on ebay. And though I like it, I have to be honest, I don't use it. The fact that I have to dip it in my monomer before using it to cut the white bothers me tremendously.

You can actually purchase the wheel on ebay. And though I like it, I have to be honest, I don't use it. The fact that I have to dip it in my monomer before using it to cut the white bothers me tremendously.

Thanks for the validation Tammy. I trialed the cutter from the company who produce it and their own directions state to dip the cutter in monomer ... I didn't make it up. :lol: Glad you could confirm that this is the case. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the validation Tammy. I trialed the cutter from the company who produce it and their own directions state to dip the cutter in monomer ... I didn't make it up. :lol: Glad you could confirm that this is the case. :rolleyes:

I never thought you made this up, and I am sorry if you felt that I was saying that. The cutter was taught to me by a licensed teacher here in the states. She did a beautiful set without ever having to dip anything in monomer. I am sure there are several ways to use this, and wanted to be sure the poster understood that.

Thanks

I know you can get these from ebay.. I think if you search french cutter they come up. Some instructions that come say to dip in monomer BAD idea.. An alternative to this is to have some acetone and use a gel brush to clean any excess (this also helps keep nail free of oils).. Its not a good idea to use a wet l&p mix to avoid clean up as this is exposing nail to way to much monomer. There is also a company called todays product that sell these in different styles of smile, deep, natural almond etc however you have to spend over 200 us dollars for them to ship. If you have the money some of their smile shapes look amazing. Hope this helps x

Here's a link to another site x : http://www.nailiteinc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=108&products_id=2283

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back