Smile line?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keatos7

Reaction score
Hey guys what would you say is the best way to create a perfect smile line?
i know there are tools you can buy now that simply do it for you but by hand what would you say would be the best way for someone just starting in the nail business?

Hi, Are we talking acrylic or gel?

Ah I see, sorry not acrylic trained,

Someone else should be able to help

Hey guys what would you say is the best way to create a perfect smile line?
i know there are tools you can buy now that simply do it for you but by hand what would you say would be the best way for someone just starting in the nail business?

If you've just started out I would suggest not using tools like cutters, etc. as you need to learn and understand the process and structure to effectively use the tool so why not master the skill initially.

I was taught to do the white first but the reverse method is regularly taught now. Reverse is easier, you can refine the pink with an abrasive before adding the white but building the stress area with the pink is tricky. In fairness both ways are hard, try both and see which works for you, there are no rules about method, only about product safety.

At the end of the day its about practice, whichever way you do it.

Reverse method (pink first). Do it in 2 or more beads then its easier to build the structure.

If you've just started out I would suggest not using tools like cutters, etc. as you need to learn and understand the process and structure to effectively use the tool so why not master the skill initially.

I was taught to do the white first but the reverse method is regularly taught now. Reverse is easier, you can refine the pink with an abrasive before adding the white but building the stress area with the pink is tricky. In fairness both ways are hard, try both and see which works for you, there are no rules about method, only about product safety.

At the end of the day its about practice, whichever way you do it.
thankyou for your input I will have a look into that :)

Latest posts

Back