Smile Line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyc

Reaction score
This message goes out to anyone that can please help me...

I have extreme problems trying to create a good smile line for the 'french look'.

if anyone can suggest any tips or hints i would be most grateful.

Thanks, in anticipation!!!!

Hi Kelly,

What system do you use?

Jade x

Hi there!

I had a problem with smile lines too. If you do a search for smile lines (on this site) you will find loads of helpful hints and tips.

At the moment i am only qualified in Gel Nail Extensions and have been trying to use the White Gel to form the tip with a brush but just cant seem to get it loking like a smile!!

Kellyc said:
At the moment i am only qualified in Gel Nail Extensions and have been trying to use the White Gel to form the tip with a brush but just cant seem to get it loking like a smile!!

Hiya

depending on which brand you use, some you build in one layer some a couple, the brand i use you do in one layer. So using your sculpter brush apply your gel and kind of swirl to one side then the other with out taking the brush from the gel. If your smile line still isnt how you want it take a flat gel brush and from one side wall swipe across in a slight curve from one side to the other and then cure.

anna from toronto has some gel stepbysteps on her website you could check them out.

Hiya,

I also use gel & am still trying to perfect mine! I think the brand you use makes a difference as some white gels are too runny & will run as soon as yo swipe the smile line - are you doing this? Swiping the smile line with your brush (clean of product) after you have applyed it??

Some people find applying a base gel helps to hold the smile line but I don't find it does (?).

What brand are you using??

Check out Anna La Jourdie tutorials, they might help you...

http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/shoebox.msnw

Jade x

I'll tell you how I do it if you promise not to laugh! :lol:

When using gel (I'm a L&P girl mostly), I get one of my business cards, bend it slightly to get a curve in the middle and use this as a 'template' to get a smile line with my gel! You need to lift the bent card away from the nail carefully so as not to smudge it, and if you need to 'clean it up' a bit use a clean brush. Not what they teach you in school and very lazy but it works for me, plus I can get as deep a smile line as I like by bending the card more or less! ;)

Jackie

What brand do you use? Some brands are runny. Try putting the product in the fridge for a short time as even room temperature makes some gels run.

There are now paint-on gels that you can apply in the way of polish which would alleviate this issue.

JackieMc said:
I'll tell you how I do it if you promise not to laugh! :lol:

When using gel (I'm a L&P girl mostly), I get one of my business cards, bend it slightly to get a curve in the middle and use this as a 'template' to get a smile line with my gel! You need to lift the bent card away from the nail carefully so as not to smudge it, and if you need to 'clean it up' a bit use a clean brush. Not what they teach you in school and very lazy but it works for me, plus I can get as deep a smile line as I like by bending the card more or less! ;)

Jackie

If you are going to the Olympia show on Sunday, come to the Creative Brisa Gel stand and we will demonstrate the most cool way to get a perfect smile line every time ... so easy, and I don't see why it wouldn't work with any 'workable' gel!! By workable I mean not too runny.

Thanks all for your response the white gel im using is from IBD??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back