smile lines grrrrrr

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cha'nails

Reaction score
hi everyone,

i havn't posted anything for ages, been here though just reading and soaking up all your wonderful replies.
anyway can any1 please help me with my smile lines to be honest at the moment i only use white tips. i know i know this is no way to go, but i have quite a few clients now regular ones at that and they are all happy with my work so i have just kinder been plodding along. although saying that i do use white powder on tips so i have a guide and my smile lines are not that terrible.
but what i want to know is how you guys would do a very deep smile line ya know like the 1 on the play boy ones in nails magazine. so deep and neat i love them, i've tried and tried and it's just not happening. can any1 give me a push in the right direction.

thanks jan x

read the nail geeks tutorial!

i have read them, maybe i did not make my self clear i can do your average smile line, i was meaning the really deep ones. thought sum1 might have a technique on how to. maybe using more beads than just one. i just can't seem to get them deep enough, anyway i will keep trying thanks for your reply.

jan

If you can find any how to's by Anthony Buckley they will tell you how to do the deep smile lines. It seems to be more an EZ Flow technique than a Creative one - hope that makes sense.

yes that does make sense thanks, i just think they look nice for a change i know not every one fingers will suit such a deep curve,

thanks for that i will have a look
jan x

Fiona is right, megga deep smiles are a Tom Holcombe trade mark so I am sure Antonio will help with technique here; from watching Diane try it the other day because I was being pedantic :rolleyes: I think it is just a matter of doing more 'nudging up' with your brush at the sides - you can also add incy wincy beads were the 'deep' part would be to make it deeper - maybe Antonio has a proper step-by-step method though!!!

Sorry for being nosey but i didn't understand naturalnails response where are the how to's? Sorry for being really thick here, but i am interested in seeing a deeper smile line.

Thanks for any help.

Ailze said:
Sorry for being nosey but i didn't understand naturalnails response where are the how to's? Sorry for being really thick here, but i am interested in seeing a deeper smile line. Thanks for any help.
I think Fiona is refering to 'step-by-step's' that can be seen in some of the mags. Antony has done a few. You can also check out 'Site Stuff' above and click on tutorials to take a look at Smiles!!

hiya

i find it easier to do the deep smile lines (if your using tips) by first cutting the smile line (in the well of the tip) into the shape you want, then you will have the edge to follow. ive just done a set on myself and they look great - if if i say so myself.

cha'nails said:
hi everyone,

i havn't posted anything for ages, been here though just reading and soaking up all your wonderful replies.
anyway can any1 please help me with my smile lines to be honest at the moment i only use white tips. i know i know this is no way to go, but i have quite a few clients now regular ones at that and they are all happy with my work so i have just kinder been plodding along. although saying that i do use white powder on tips so i have a guide and my smile lines are not that terrible.
but what i want to know is how you guys would do a very deep smile line ya know like the 1 on the play boy ones in nails magazine. so deep and neat i love them, i've tried and tried and it's just not happening. can any1 give me a push in the right direction.

thanks jan x

Hi guys im only a begginer but did hav a private lesson with Anthony last year and do remember those deep smile lines!(I still struggle wiv em)
He did use one medium sized ball to create the whole white tip and seemed to push the corners a little deeper. However I think the main trick was when he picked up two tiny little ball and put one in each corner and tapered them into the center. I hope this makes sence and helps!

Hope that Ant will help us here :cool:
I also love the deep smile lines, Any tips will be gratefully received.

ALEX said:
He did use one medium sized ball to create the whole white tip and seemed to push the corners a little deeper. However I think the main trick was when he picked up two tiny little ball and put one in each corner and tapered them into the center!
Ahhhahhhh - I was right!!!!:p

your always right mrs geek!!!! you too alex. to create the deeper smile line you do indeed use a large bead of white to form the tip and begin to shape your smile line. then you add a small bead to either side, pat and blend into place and wipe that smile line in there.

..... thats how i do it. you say your using white tips..... ok... well lets do this the easy way. ezflow have a tip called perfection glass, this has a deep smile line and is crystal clear. apply the tip and use the smile line of your tip as your guide line, thats how i practise for comps.

all in all its about practice. it took me 2 years to get those suckers perfect on forms and i still practice now!!! give it time you'll get there. if you still have problems feel free to get in touch.

oh, and if all else fais you could always use the perfection french tip and the overlay as usual!!!!

antony

Attachments

• fibre 2.jpg
    fibre 2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 295
antnbuckley said:
your always right mrs geek!!!! you too alex. to create the deeper smile line you do indeed use a large bead of white to form the tip and begin to shape your smile line. then you add a small bead to either side, pat and blend into place and wipe that smile line in there.

..... thats how i do it. you say your using white tips..... ok... well lets do this the easy way. ezflow have a tip called perfection glass, this has a deep smile line and is crystal clear. apply the tip and use the smile line of your tip as your guide line, thats how i practise for comps.

all in all its about practice. it took me 2 years to get those suckers perfect on forms and i still practice now!!! give it time you'll get there. if you still have problems feel free to get in touch.

oh, and if all else fais you could always use the perfection french tip and the overlay as usual!!!!

antony
Great nails as always Antony
Amanda aka Herman :cool:

;) ;) ;) ;) ohhhhh that looks good, off to have a go as i smashed one of my sculptures

thankyou all for wonderful replies, i will get practising i was sure there must be a technique how to do these. once again you all came to my rescue, one of my friends as a really long nail bed and i'm going to have a bash with her.

thanks again
jan x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back