Smilegems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
Have searched through some of the threads on this but as there are no recent ones i can't find an answer to my question.

Do any of you offer these and are they still popular in your area ?

I was thinking about getting some in time for Christmas as i thought with parties coming up there would be some interest but i haven't seen anyone wearing them for ages, not sure if this is because no local salons promote then in adverts etc. or people are just not interested. What do you think ?

Have searched through some of the threads on this but as there are no recent ones i can't find an answer to my question.

Do any of you offer these and are they still popular in your area ?

I was thinking about getting some in time for Christmas as i thought with parties coming up there would be some interest but i haven't seen anyone wearing them for ages, not sure if this is because no local salons promote then in adverts etc. or people are just not interested. What do you think ?

Are these the same as tooth gems?

Lots of the girls had them a college last year but never ben asked for them but dont advertise them!

Are these the same as toog gems?

Lots of the girls had them a college last year but never ben asked for them but dont advertise them!

I only know of two manufactors Smilegems & Tooth Fairy. www.smilegems.co.uk

I am willing to promote them & display posters in salon window but just worried that people aren't interested in them anymore.....

I thought about that too and even wrote a similar thread sometime ago and didnt get the answers. I wanted to know if kids would have to remove them when they went back to school - which Im sure they would have to. The market for these is def the teenagers and early twenties (clubbers!!)

Sorry I cant be more help, but I dont do them.

i've been interested in these for years, not sure how popular they would be as i haven't had much in the way of feedback from clients.

i remember my sister in law from my first marriage got a crystal and stuck it on her tooth with nail glue....nice!

I use smilegems, I used to have a lot of people want them, but it is something that people either want when they go on holiday or for christmas. But they do stay on for a long time, so the same client would not come back until the old has fallen off. Some of mine have lasted 13 months.

Thanks guys :D

I am planning on applying them to my teeth so people can see them & hopefully ask where i had them done, LOL but i am just worried that they aren't in "fashion" anymore as i never see people wearing them.

Tooth Fairy seemed to be popular at excel last year, they always had people sitting down having them applied plus people waiting each time i went past. My tutor from college always wore one too and it did look good. hth xx

There is Smilegems and Tooth Fairy, I use Smilegems.
I thinkit was in fashion a few years back, then it went out of fashion, but I definatly think they're back again, its really popular at the moment, especially this time of year, Everyone wants them for Christmas. I also think the summer holidays is a popular time.
All the collage girls had them put on at Excel last year.
I have 2 jobs, I work in a salon at a hotel, and Ive done them for all the staff at the hotel, for tinsel and turkey. I also rent a room in a hairdressers and Ive done them for the hairdressers, they get me custom, when there clients see it they tell them where they got it done, and send them to me.
Everyone is loving them at the moment. I think my kit was a really good investment. I charge £10 each and its fun to do.

i have just got my tooth fairy cert, i love tooth gems and have found they are popular with teens, i have had a few adults wanting them aswell
i charge £10 a gem
i got my tooth fairy set at g-mex and it came with 6 retail kits

i have found it a great add on and i also do it with birthday partys for teens, i only charge £5 a gem when it is booked with a party of 5 or more wanting it
hth

I used to offer tooth gems but tbh I didn't like it and once I'd made a profit I sold the lot. It made a few quid for me and I get enquiries now about it and complaints from past clients. I just didn't like dealing with peoples teeth.

I used to offer tooth gems but tbh I didn't like it and once I'd made a profit I sold the lot. It made a few quid for me and I get enquiries now about it and complaints from past clients. I just didn't like dealing with peoples teeth.
hun what do you mean complaints from past clients?? i am new to doing them so it would be great to hear good and bad stories
thanks hun

hun what do you mean complaints from past clients?? i am new to doing them so it would be great to hear good and bad stories
thanks hun

I get complaints from past clients because they want tooth gems and I don't do them anymore. I just hated peoples breath and teeth.:eek:

I get complaints from past clients because they want tooth gems and I don't do them anymore. I just hated peoples breath and teeth.:eek:
oh i see, i thought you meant they had problems, lol

LMAO I guess i hadn't thought of that :eek:

I bumped into someone today that i went to college with & she still has the same smilegem on from college, thats over three years ago !!

Thanks for all your comments xx

Latest posts

Back