Smiles and general shape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BodyAngels

Reaction score
My smiles are a bit hit and miss. I start at the left, but the right hand side is never symetrical. Any tips for getting these right?
Also, I did a set today and it didn't help that the clients house that I was doing the nails in, was freezing due to her having the window open. The consistency of the product was wet no matter how many times I wiped my brush on the side of the pot and so ran when it wouldn't normally. Had the same problem with the pink. Ever had this problem or are you able to adapt?

Lots of us have this problem and most find if you start at the right instead of the left it will improve things for you,

as for it been too cold, you need to ask the client to close the window and warm the room, explain that she will get her set of nails much quicker in a warm environment,
if she doesnt like the smell she can open the window when you have gone hth

Last edited:
I have the same problem i do my smiles and they always look higher on one side no matter how hard i try its so frustrating!!!! xx:irked:

My smiles are a bit hit and miss. I start at the left, but the right hand side is never symetrical. Any tips for getting these right?
Also, I did a set today and it didn't help that the clients house that I was doing the nails in, was freezing due to her having the window open. The consistency of the product was wet no matter how many times I wiped my brush on the side of the pot and so ran when it wouldn't normally. Had the same problem with the pink. Ever had this problem or are you able to adapt?

Once again I will point in the direction of 'nailclass' by gigi rouse. All the techniques are in the book for doing perfect smiles and many different shapes. And you can purchase it from Mundo Products or Sweet Squared 08452106060

Thanks guys,
It's good to know that I'm not alone. I suppose it's one of those things where it will all come together in the end, but that comes with experience and set after set, after set................
Claire x

Once again I will point in the direction of 'nailclass' by gigi rouse. All the techniques are in the book for doing perfect smiles and many different shapes. And you can purchase it from Mundo Products or Sweet Squared 08452106060

Thanks guys,
It's good to know that I'm not alone. I suppose it's one of those things where it will all come together in the end, but that comes with experience and set after set, after set................
Claire x

Except if you're not doing it right it wont come together no matter how many sets you do...... Gigi's book is brill - it's so easy to understand and contains methods that truely work.

Practice only works if you're practising the right things......

I had the same problem once. Went to clients house and it was freezing. No heating on and I'm cold at the best of times. Because of this I found the bead exceptionally wet and had to spend lots of extra time just waiting for it to set while pushing it back into position. I had to have a hot bath when I got in I was so cold.

Because of this I said I would never do mobile, but I have since changed my mind and I may consider it again, but I would definately have a cardigan with me.

Latest posts

Back