Smiles with Brisa Paint on white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
I have noticed a lot of threads recently asking for help with doing smile lines...using Brisa (or any gel), so took time to see just how I do mine and made some notes because although I am no expert I'm ok at them.

Firstly the best brush I have found for doing them is Creatives Crystal Touch Petite..gel edge #6 this has a square straight edge and held at the right angle is perfect for easy application of the paint on white cos the brush that come with it can be to bulky.
Pic 1

Start very thin... with some POW on your Crystal Touch brush and the brush hairs flat, head straight for the middle of where you want your smile line and put the tip of the brush in place and then swipe straight down towards the free edge. This should leave a thin stripe as wide as your brush going from smile line to free edge. This is now your guide... because the brush is square (straight edge) you should have a straight line in the middle of your smile.
Pic 2

Then do the same again this time starting alongside the first swipe and tilting your brush slightly... and again on the other side of your first swipe.
Pic 3 & 4

Tilt your brush just a little more and do another two swipes... 1 at each corner of the smile line.
Pic 5 & 6
then cure... thats the hard bit done... it will look patchy cos of the thickness of the POW, but this is your stencil for the second coat, it's plain sailing from here.

Then with your clear coat of Brisa.
Pic 7

This is the finished smile line with a coat of Creatives Moonlight and Roses #45 to finish.
Pic 8

Like I said I am no expert but this is how I practiced over and over...and it worked for me.
Hope this is helpful to someone.

Attachments

• Demo.jpg
    Demo.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 732
  • Demo 1.jpg
    Demo 1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 856
  • Demo 2.jpg
    Demo 2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 699
  • Demo 3.jpg
    Demo 3.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 654
  • Demo 4.jpg
    Demo 4.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 725
  • Demo 5.jpg
    Demo 5.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 817
  • Demo 6.jpg
    Demo 6.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 879
  • Demo 7.jpg
    Demo 7.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 912
  • Demo 8.jpg
    Demo 8.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,117
great tutorial!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thats really great. Im sure its going to be a great help to a lot of people, including me.
Thanks Xxx

Very helpful Angie.. thanks very much :)

Fab Angie... this should be in the Premium Geek Tutorial section xxx

Angie that is so well explained and illustrated. I have tried different ways with the white gel but have always used a smaller brush - off to try it with a bigger one now.

Angie - how fab are you!

I get it now!

a big thank you i now see where i am going wrong!xx

Fab - thanks so much Angie, you are a star!!
I am new to Brisa and have been struggling a bit with POW but have printed this out and am going to try this out tonight, cant wait! Will let you know how I get on Kx

Ahhh - doesnt print out right how can I make it fit on a page.
Pretty please Mr Geek can we make this a Tutorial so we can have a printable version?

ValencianNails said:
Fab Angie... this should be in the Premium Geek Tutorial section xxx

Thanks ... I didn't really see it as a Tutorial when i did it...just one of those "try this" things to help with those having trouble with smile lines...I wanted to show my brush on the nail..actually applying the POW..but with only 2 hands and Rob in bed i was a bit stuck ... couldn't get my feet to hold the camera steady enough ... lol

Those of you who try it out... i would love to know how you get on with it...please come back to me with your results...and picci's. Thanks again xxx

Fab post Angie.... can I ask, do you swipe your smile line after, from side to side?

Hiya..sometimes ..if i get a hand jerk and slip out of the smile line and need to tidy it up....i use a seperate brush just for this. xxx

Fab tutorial babe :D

Do I assume when you put on the second coat you use the same method again or one swipe from side to side?

Trin
xx

hiya...x

yeah I do just the same again...only second time round you can relax and be a bit quicker.i I never swipe from one side to the other with gel..only when using polish.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

go angie go angie!

ambxxxxxx

HELP! I am still struggling with this - I can get my smile line okay now thanks to Angie (*HUG*) but just cant get the crisp white even finish all over. I think it looks okay cure and it looks sort of uneven & patchy. I apply exactly as in the Angie's tutorial and have tried doing the white a bit thicker but it it doesnt stay where I want it and it looks too thick. I also find when I come to buff I am taking off wee bits of white no matter how light I go - AARRGGGHHH!!
Should I try 3 layers instead of 2?
Would I be better trying the White Gel?

Hiya xx

Are you putting a coat of clear over the white..? this will help to fill in any little dips and protect when it come to finishing. xxx

Dont use this system but found this really uselful hun well done.

Get it in the tutorials section it deserves its place.

x

Superb Job Angie!

I think this will help a lot that are having trouble with smile lines ... and those smile lines are perfect !!

Vicky

:0)

NailStyle said:
Hiya xx

I have noticed alot of threads recently asking for help with doing smile lines...using Brisa (or any gel) and so took time to see just how I do mine and made some notes cos although I am no expert I'm ok at them.

Firstly the best brush I have found for doing them is Creatives Crystal Touch Petite..gel edge #6 this has a square straight edge and held at the right angle is perfect for easy application of the paint on white cos the brush that come with it can be to bulky. Pic 1

Start very thin...with some POW on your Crystal Touch brush and the brush hairs flat, head straight for the middle of where you want your smile line and put the tip of the brush in place and then swipe straight down to wards the free edge. This should leave a thin stripe as wide as your brush going from smile line to free edge. This is now your guide...because the brush is square (straight edge) you should have a straight line in the middle of your smile.
Pic 2

Then do the same again this time starting along side the first swipe and tilting your brush slightly...and again on th other side of your first swipe. Pic 3 & 4

Tilt your brush just a little more and do another two swipes...1 at each corner of the smile line. Pic 5 & 6....then cure...thats the hard bit done...it will look patchy cos of the thickness of the POW..but this is your stencil for the second coat...plain sailing from here.

Then with your clear coat of Brisa. Pic 7

This is the finished smile line with a coat of Creatives Moonlight and Roses #45 to finish. Pic 8

Like I said I am no expert but this is how I practiced over and over...and it worked for me. Hope this is helpful to someone. xxxx

Latest posts

Back