Smiles with Brisa Paint on white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ang I do put a coat of clear over the white but lost a couple of corners on the practice set I did earlier today.
Can you help with why I cant get an even white?
MTIA KxXx

thats brill - very well done and very easy to follow

nemotail said:
Thanks Ang I do put a coat of clear over the white but lost a couple of corners on the practice set I did earlier today.
Can you help with why I cant get an even white?
MTIA KxXx

Mmmmm...Are you brushing the white on like a polish...? you are fine to do this with the first coat...but the second coat would need a thicker coat...although not too thick...Ok...when you have done your second coat and see a dip or patch..get a tiny bead of white and just touch the center of the dip or patch..then wait...see how it settles. Remember in training how you where taught how to fill a dip with the gel...its the same thing. To be honest i have found the more you play with it the more problems you have.

I find 2 coats more than enough...just go a bit thicker with your second coat and not as much pressure with your brush..and remember to wait a bit before playing with it...cos after its settled you may find its fine. HTH keep at it hun...it will come. xxx

Thanks Babes, I really appreciate your advice.
You are so right ~ I have been doing both coats like polish and playing - NO more!
I am going to practice tomorrow and let you know how I get on.
KxXx

Nice one - I use this method and it's a lot easier, but I will be changing my brush tho...thanks

Very educational Angie. Loads of people will benefit from this. Well done for being so pro-active!

ADiva1 said:
Very educational Angie. Loads of people will benefit from this. Well done for being so pro-active!

lol..thanks hun...pro-active...now i sound like one of those yogurt drinks ...ROFL...xxx

NailStyle said:
...pro-active...

Don't laugh! 'pro-active', its me office language coming out into the nail world! LMAO!

Good one to bump up after all the POW talk we've had recently, lol.

nemotail said:
Ahhh - doesnt print out right how can I make it fit on a page.
Pretty please Mr Geek can we make this a Tutorial so we can have a printable version?
To make this a printable version is easy. Highlight the text then 'right click and the in the list that appears 'click' on 'copy'. Open Word or whatever equivelant you use and then on a new page 'right click' and in the list click 'paste' then you can save and print as you normally do in Word or whatever you use.HTH:) :D

Thanx :biggrin:

THANKS SO VERY MUCH:!: :!:

This REALLY should be in the tut section!

yay it is in the tutorial section !!!!!!!!!!!

SHe is a clever cookie that bagpuss ! (and she's my mate :green: how cool is that !)

Hi there
I have just bought the brisa prof kit so this is really handy for me as just started with gel.

Can I just ask POW - is that paint on white? Is that the same as the white gel paint? If so how do you get it onto your gel brush as mine is in a little bottle with it's own brush.

Also forgive me for being thick but i just wanted to check that the second coat is with the same white gel paint and not the clear?

Yes POW means Paint On White... it's not a sculpting gel, you can apply it either with the brush that comes in the bottle or by using a gel brush dipped into the bottle. You use the POW for the first and second coats.
Make sure you're using the Brisa lamp to cure the Brisa gels otherwise you won't get a complete cure and could suffer from service breakdown.
Taking a class in Brisa would be better as you'll be able to get the best out of using the product.

That is more than helpful it is fantasticxxxxxxxxx so well explained:hug:

Hi, Great tutorial!, but I am new at this. What does POW stand for? ruthvint:?:

Hi, Great tutorial!, but I am new at this. What does POW stand for? ruthvint:?:

Paint On White....(its a thinner and self levelling white gel for doing a permanent french look...it comes in bright bright white and soft white) x

Oh how I wish I had come across this earlier! I have seen lots of directions for smile lines with L&P but not gel. This is a GREAT explanation, Bagpuss. It looks much simpler than my random method that never looked right. I can't wait to try it!

Thanks a bunch!!! :hug: Alex

Great step by step angie thankyou.
Would you be able to do us a step by step for gel aplication and how you build your apex.
Alot of tech use different methods. Thanks

Latest posts

Back