Smoothie help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
Last year I went through a real smoothie fad,liquidising everything and anything and tbh I felt absolutely wonderful on my healthy diet but I used to use yoghurt and ice with my fruit and wondered what else I could do give it the right texture.

What do others use please??Is it skimmed milk?I do use ice as well but that alone with fruit is not quite right and much too thick.

Thanks geeks.:hug:

For a milk change try soya or rice milk.

Try replacing the milk with a low fat fruit yogurt .... yummy :lick:

One of my favourites is a banana, some fresh raspberries, natural greek youghurt, and a little semi skimmed milk to get the consistency you want.
one of these in the morning used to see me through a 3 hour CV gym session no problem.

Sometimes I put a handfull of blueberries in there as well, but the pips can stick in your teeth a bit!!

Quark, I have no idea what its made from, just that veggies use it in a lot of their cooking and its one of those staples that can be used in savory as well as deserts.

Quark, I have no idea what its made from, just that veggies use it in a lot of their cooking and its one of those staples that can be used in savory as well as deserts.

I beleive it is a very low fat alternative for soft cheese - like cottage cheese but better I suppose.

Thankyou for all your advice.xx

small banana, some skimmed milk, fromage frais or yoghurt, and frozen raspberries and a little honey.

hth's

I have only ever used a yoghurt along with various fruits never milk would you normally use milk and yoghurt??

yes the frozen fruit keeps it thick enough to enjoy but the milk stops it from getting too thick

hope this makes sense and doesn't make me sound thick :)

Hiya

Try the fit for life book, £6-£7 form most booksellers

It give loads of options on smoothies

Jenx+

I use orange juice and yogurt with a banana and some frozen rasberries :lick:

My husband makes a big breakfast smoothie - can't stand them myself. Just lots of fruit and some fruit juice - no need to ice, yogurt, bananas etc to thicken.

Mat

Thanks everyone I will try some of these recipes and see about buying that book.:green:

my dad buys big bags of frozen fruit from either Costco or the local garden centre.

He blitzes it all in the juicer, adds crushed ice and either apple, orange, pineapple or cranberry juice.

I got a free smoothie recipe book with my smoothie maker and some good things they suggest using in their for the liquid are fruit juices, ice cream, cocnut milk, sparkling water and even alcoholic drinks!

They suggest loads of different ingredients too like, coffee, ginger wine, cherry brandy, lemon sorbet, fresh custard, lychees, chocolate, honey, syrup, porridge oats etc and loads more!

It is a Kenwood smoothie maker. There are also hundreds of recipes on this web site link too: http://www.flowercarole.com/

Latest posts

Back