Snake skin effect-help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missy1981

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Inspired by another geek (jojo) I attempted the snake skin effect using CND additives and some netting.

I've tried it so many times on a colour pop really pulling the netting as tight as possible over the nail, but each time the additives get under the netting somehow and the pattern gets ruined.

Am I using the wrong brush perhaps? I also make sure I have barely no pigment on my brush.

But each time it looks rubbish 😔

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Sarah xx

The only thing I can think off is making sure you press the additive in, rather than brush it on. Just so the netting stays put?

I'm sure JoJo will be able to help! xx

I found this at first but then realised I was using too much additive you only need the tiniest amount x

Thanks for this post. I have struggled with this too. I will try the tips mentioned.

Maybe sponge on it?

Hi Missy
Here's how I do the snake skin print....

• last colour layer - cure
• wrap your netting tightly around the nail
• I use a square brush out of a nail art set
• pick up a small amount of powder from the lid (ensure you don't use too much) I tap my brush to get rid of excess
• if you brush/burnish the colour in too firmly you'll get underneath the netting spoiling the design
• stipple your brush over the netting & you can always gradually build colour if need be.
• remove netting & top coat
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397284184.546661.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397284192.556080.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397284201.164060.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397284209.926318.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397284215.949557.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397284222.416753.jpg
•

Thank you so much for all your replies geeks and thank you JoJo for detailing how you do it. Will have another play tomorrow and try and get it right.

Love the pics, they all look fab!!!

Can't wait to have another practice xx

Hi Missy

• pick up a small amount of powder from the lid (ensure you don't use too much) I tap my brush to get rid of excess
• if you brush/burnish the colour in too firmly you'll get underneath the netting spoiling the design
• stipple your brush over the netting & you can always gradually build colour if need be.
View attachment 61751View attachment 61752View attachment 61753View attachment 61754View attachment 61755View attachment 61756
•

Gorgeous. I particularly love the pink set. You have inspired me to try this technique again.

Thanks everyone! Had another play tonight using your advice and I'm quite pleased with the result. Thank you so much xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397421773.655762.jpg

Can u take a pic of the stuff you use for the snake skin? Plz xx

Can I please ask? Where is everyone getting their lace from please?
Many thanks 😃

Hi Missy

View attachment 61751View attachment 61752View attachment 61753View attachment 61754View attachment 61755View attachment 61756
•

All fab but I love the blues.

I actually got my netting from my wedding dress haha! (As my dress had loads of layers of netting under it to make the skirt big) but you can order it off eBay really cheap xx

Latest posts

Back