Snakeskin Mani/Pedi~What do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St311ar

Reaction score
What is your opinion on the newest craze, snakeskin gel nails? Techs actually embed real shed snakeskin into gel and then paint over it to accentuate the texture and pattern of the shed skin.

There is also a faux version using mimic mesh material which looks almost identical.

The service is running around $300USD for real shed skin (takes up to 6 hours) and $100USD for the faux version (takes up to 4 hours.)

Would you offer this service? If so, real or faux?

Last edited:
What is your opinion on the newest craze, snakeskin gel nails? Techs actually embed real shed snakeskin into gel and then paint over it to accentuate the texture and pattern of the shed skin.

There is also a faux version using mimic mesh material which looks almost identical.

The service is running around $300USD for real shed skin (takes up to 6 hours) and $100USD for the faux version (takes up to 4 hours.)

Would you offer this service? If so, real or faux?

Snakeskin Minx costs the client 29euros and takes half an hour! Maybe in California someone will pay hundreds but they certainly wouldn't in Spain! Especially not when the Minx looks so good.

I find plenty of shed snake skins in my garden. Maybe I'll save them for the one in a million chance that a client will pay me 500euros to do it for them. Can't for the life of me see why it should take me 6 hours to apply though!! :eek:

I know! Us Californians are crazy! I watched a news piece on them and the women that "discovered" the technique said it takes up to 6 hours!
She is an educator for Bio Sculpture.

I do the faux version with the metal mesh using Bio Sculpture and it is way quicker! It also looks IDENTICAL.

I guess knowing there is real snakeskin underneath the gel is worth it for those crazy enough to pay! I can't imagine charging $300! I don't have ANY clients who I believe would be crazy enough to pay that!

This is what I did with the mesh...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1306491541.057236.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1306491541.057236.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 249
eeeuuuuuwwww, the snakeskin thing just grossed me out. You wouldn't embed peeled of person skin in your nails, so why snakeskin?

eeeuuuuuwwww, the snakeskin thing just grossed me out. You wouldn't embed peeled of person skin in your nails, so why snakeskin?

It's the shed off skin, you know, the clear stuff. They don't actually skin the snake. Just clarifying:)

It's the shed off skin, you know, the clear stuff. They don't actually skin the snake. Just clarifying:)

Well, that's what I thought, but if someone peels off with sunburn, embedding in nail stuff wouldn't be the first thing I thought of.

Well, that's what I thought, but if someone peels off with sunburn, embedding in nail stuff wouldn't be the first thing I thought of.

Yes I agree, it is pretty gross, and since the faux way gives the same result I really don't see the desire! It's all about hype I guess:)

Yuk whatever next??? Although my son has a bag of snakeskins ( he's mad on snakes and was given them) and if someone wants to pay silly money then I'd have a go lol! Although I agree Minx is fab and nicer to work with lol x

Oh no dont like idea of that maybe trap all kinds of germs and micros errr sorry will stick to minx xxxx thanks for sharing it though very thought provoking !!!

How could you sanitise the snakeskin? You could be trapping all kinds of nasties in there.. Eewwww.

Geeg you could collect all your snakeskins and set up a mail order business to California :)

In California, Bio Sculpture sells pre-sanitized pieces of shed snakeskin as well as metal mesh to make the faux look.

Latest posts

Back