Snakeskin nail art effect in pink?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire83

Reaction score
A little while ago I created a colour pop with the snakeskin nail art that is going around. I used a few colours underneath and a blue over the top to create the effect.

A client has now asked for the same, but in pinks (Gelish).

I've tried a few colours this afternoon when I had a bit of spare time, but I can't find something that works. I'm assuming I need a thin/watery/runny top colour to disperse when applying the dots of top coat and allow the underneath colours to show through.

Has anyone done this in pinky colours? Could you give me some advice for what colours will show through with a pink upper coat.

Attachments

• 20130517_144058.jpg
    20130517_144058.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 935
How about pink smoothie with gossip girl (or good gossip I get the names confused, whichever is the deep pink lol ) over the top? I think as long as you've got a light colour underneath it should work nicely, Hope this helps!

And your snakeskin pop is fab! I did one with gold underneath (can't remember the name) and sweet chocolate over the top which looks nice but I love your one!

I love that! Looks a bit like fish scales all the shimmery colours. How did you get that effect? X

How about pink smoothie with gossip girl (or good gossip I get the names confused, whichever is the deep pink lol ) over the top? I think as long as you've got a light colour underneath it should work nicely, Hope this helps!

Thanks for the suggestion, will give that a go next week.

I love that! Looks a bit like fish scales all the shimmery colours. How did you get that effect? X

Thank you, I can't remember the colours underneath, I know I used the yellow and pink Gelish from the Candyland collection so it may just possibly be those two and the colour on top is Caution.

Check out Young Nails on YouTube, they have a video on how to achieve this effect.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

2fb96dcbf38b4f2615109ab30a447e38_52856.jpg

ive done this snakeskin in pink but cant find the pic!! i did pink underneath and black additives over top, it came out ok xx

Looks fab souz!

thanks claire, yours looks fab too! how did you do yours as its a different effect to mine? xx

I did mine by using the pink and yellow in various areas. Cured and then top coat cured. I placed a thin layer of caution on top (I think a thinner runnier colour is good for this!) And then dotted top coat into the wet caution which created the effect. Cure, top coat and cure again.

Is yours done using netting? x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

This was done with shellac strawberry smoothie, red, haute punk and titanium pearl additive and netting, hth's. love your effect x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 551
This was startburst with Bellas vampire...not pink but I'm sure take action or sugar and spice would work.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369085506.158495.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369085506.158495.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 312
Both of these look fab ladies.

Glome, what was the process you used to create your effect? Just wanting to see if I'm missing out a step.

I'm going to try a few pinks tomorrow/Wednesday when I have some quiet time.

Both of these look fab ladies.

Glome, what was the process you used to create your effect? Just wanting to see if I'm missing out a step.

I'm going to try a few pinks tomorrow/Wednesday when I have some quiet time.

Hi Claire,

Two coats of starburst cured, then a coat of Bellas Vampire (don't cure) using a dotting tool add top it off all over the nail. Cure and then top off. Hope this helps. Please post a pic once you've tried the pink. Would love to see how it turns out.
X

I had a go last nite, thought this combo looked lovely

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369218434.418643.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369218434.418643.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 225
I had a go last nite, thought this combo looked lovely

Fab! What colours did you use?

Must have a play this afternoon. Pics will follow, need to do the pinks.

Fab! What colours did you use?

Must have a play this afternoon. Pics will follow, need to do the pinks.

i used starburst and high voltage to give a glittery pinky/purple underneath and then night reflection on top

its really nice, want it on my nails now :)

i know what you mean about needing 'runny' colours , i tried my pinks but it didnt work so well

Latest posts

Back