Snapping Acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessiecat

Reaction score
Hello, I just wanted some advice.
I've done 8 sets of acrylic nails since qualifying and not had any problems with them and neither have my clients.
I put a set on a client last saturday and she has informed me that two of them have just snapped off.

Is this something she is doing or is it my fault?
I've offered to replace them free of charge, but as I've not had any problems with anybody else I wonder if she is not looking after them properly. She's only had them on 6 days.
She also a nail file from my case when I was getting her some change so I am a bit wary of going again but dont want to hamper my business as just starting out

Do you mean she stole a file while she thought you weren't looking????? :eek:

Yep, I was getting change out of my purse handed it to her and she had one hand behind her back, said thanks and went upstairs leaving me to let myself out.
I didnt realise the file had gone until I went to do the next client.

Apparently 6 have all snapped, she wouldnt send me any pictures and had now told me she has taken them all off.

I'm just going to put it down to a lie as I've contacted me last 8 clients all of which I have their nails still on :irked:

From what alot of other Geeks say, I would insist on seeing them for yourself before offering any resolution.

I would definitely not do anything - especially for free when she has refused to show you what has happened!

And as for the nail file, if you do see her again to do a treatment I would add a pound on top of what you charge her. If she asks why its more, just say, "I thought you might like to pay for the file you had from me last time as I forgot to charge you for it then" and smile sweetly.

But I would be busy next time she asks and every other time if she asks.

I wouldn't do her nails again, I don't need clients like this and neither do you or anyone else. What would she take next??

Xx

This sounds like the classic, I spend to much money on my night out and want it back of the wet behind the ears 'new' tech:irked:
Isn't it a shame they don't realise we talk to each other:lol:
No show, no replace. She's removed them with out letting you see the snaped ones? Helped herself to a file?
No I wouldn't be able to fit her in either.
As for worrying she's going to bad mouth you, the type of people she's likely to bad mouth you to, you probebly wouldn't want them for clients anyway.
Try not to let your blood boil every time you think of her:hug:

Eeeee the cheek ?? And leaving u to let yourself out that is just rude !! I would refuse if she wouldn't send a picture in first place I would avoid all contact with some one like that and if you go next time what will she pinch from you ? Some people just want anything for nothing .. Some clients are just pickers were her nails quite short to begin with I bet she caught one and picked the rest xxxxx don't loose confidence xx

This sounds like the classic, I spend to much money on my night out and want it back of the wet behind the ears 'new' tech:irked:
Isn't it a shame they don't realise we talk to each other:lol:
No show, no replace. She's removed them with out letting you see the snaped ones? Helped herself to a file?
No I wouldn't be able to fit her in either.
As for worrying she's going to bad mouth you, the type of people she's likely to bad mouth you to, you probebly wouldn't want them for clients anyway.
Try not to let your blood boil every time you think of her:hug:
Totally agree with you Susie it is a classic. I would imagine she was after a refund rather than replacement.If you had done this without seeing them I'm sure you would have had a few of her mates trying the same trick and you dont need this :hug: If you were happy with the work you did forget her and pity the next tech she tries it on with x

Thanks guy's, she totally knocked my confidence, and I was panicking I'd done something wrong, but when I contacted my other clients they all still have their nails on.
Only one other client had one come off and she damaged it herself as she bites them.

I cant believe that somebody would steal from you when you are doing nails but I've definitely learnt a lesson there.

I had someone like this last year & she was awful it made me so stressed that in the end I just gave her the money back then a few weeks ago another one but this time I stood upto her & refused to give her the money back & in my terms & conditions I have stated that it us the responsibily of the client to prepare their skin correctly prior to a tan following the advice given & if there is an issue with nails I will sort out the issue or remove them & a small refund no full refunds given due to treatments having products used & my time spent doing them, after a week of abuse she stopped. It did knock my confidence especially doing a tan but all the feedback I've had is positive, x

Thanks for the reassurance Lucy.
I think what some people have said about spending too much money and finding a way to get it back is the real reason.

I've found out via facebook that one nail came off not 6, the one that came off I struggled to put on as her nail was so bitten down, red and sore, and I warned her it would probably come off and if it did I would replace it for her. If she had shown me her nails or allowed me to fix them I might have believe her. I did another set last night and it took me ages as I was so worried I might do something wrong.

She's put all over facebook how bad I did her nails so I am just going to delete her and give her £10 back.

Don't give her the money back Hun she lied about how many had come off all the bad mouthing about you will only be picked up by people who are in the same mind set as her like you said all the other customers were happy which speaks louder than the one wanting a free ride x

Latest posts

Back