Snapping acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristyR1

Reaction score
Hi can someone please give me some advice? I’ve been doing acrylic nails for 6 years, I have regular clients rarely any problems, however recently a couple of my clients have been back with broken nails, tip snapping off! I have then had to soak the remaining of the acrylic off of the nail bed to repair the whole nail. Now these ladies have them long and tapered but normally come back with infills with no problems. I always use the same products, the only thing different I have used is a tapered tip, could this be the problem? Please help really loosing my confidence after this week xxx

If you have only changed tips then by simple deduction it can only be that, however I suspect it's more a case of you need to restructure your application, normally you would build the strength in, then during final buffing would refine the tapered shape, however with a pre-tapered tip the side walls are already slimmer and it's likely you are not building enough strength into the side walls, then during final buffing what is there is being compromised too.

Either go back to your original tips and see if it still happens, or spend a bit more time double checking your application down the side walls and final buffing to check you are not taking too much product out.

If you have only changed tips then by simple deduction it can only be that, however I suspect it's more a case of you need to restructure your application, normally you would build the strength in, then during final buffing would refine the tapered shape, however with a pre-tapered tip the side walls are already slimmer and it's likely you are not building enough strength into the side walls, then during final buffing what is there is being compromised too.

Either go back to your original tips and see if it still happens, or spend a bit more time double checking your application down the side walls and final buffing to check you are not taking too much product out.

I also had this problem and turned out to be my glue and not applying enough product powder where u would glue the tip on xx

Latest posts

Back