Snoring?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salj

Reaction score
Does anyone else live with a snorer?

I love my fiancé but he snores so loud he could wake the dead. I wear earplugs but all they do is irritate my ears.

Spend a lot of nights in the spare room!

Anyone wanna commiserate with me?

Haha I'm lying in bed right now, geeking on the iPad with Mr Pure snoring his head off next to me. Depending how tired I am depends how annoying I find it. Normally a good shake of the shoulder and a loud SHHHHHH works :rolleyes:

My parter knows how you feel my name is Lydia and I'm a serial snorer [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85] usually a shove in the back works or apparently he has moved me on to my side before to stop me but I was completely unaware !!! I was working 3 nights a week now I work daytime and he is gutted as he was guaranteed 3 nights of sleep a week , I do feel really guilty ok confession over Xx

My cat! He has asthma and it's like sleeping with Darth Vader.

Thankfully he pops out most nights lol. Think yourselves lucky your other halves aren't bringing mice back in for you!

My boyfriend is terrible for snoring!! I usually have to shove him so he turns on his left side. For some reason he doesn't snore when lying on his left side. Some nights, when he's super dead tired, he raises his voice at me for telling him to move over or when I shove him. He doesn't remember a thing and I find it hilarious lol he's also a sleep Walker when stressed at work, thank God that's not often.

Along with my snoring boyfriend I have two dogs that snore like mad, so imagine my bedroom at night. Like a non stop freight train :/ I have to be asleep before them or else I get no sleep

God I so sympathise I have a snoring partner who denies any knowledge of ever snoring and argues with me that he doesn't! I have tried ear plugs pushing him holding his nose whilst he's asleep swearing at him to no avail ....I sleep in the spare room and still I hear him....it's as soon as his head hits the pillow how can anyone fall asleep that quickly and snore?!.......then he wonders whyi am moody in the mornings.....I've recorded him and when he wants to go to sleep I play it just to give him a bit of his own medicine! X

I don't understand the speed thing either. My OH will literally fall asleep in under a second. Prodding him awake is no good, as he falls back to sleep... in under a second. Also it makes no difference if he sleeps on his back, side, front, head.... he still sounds like a freakin freight train! He can be hear through the wall and from downstairs.

We've tried nose strips and a fancy snoring appliance. Nothing works. I think it's due to weight gain, as he didn't snore like this when we first got together. Hopefully when he loses some weight it'll go back to how it was.

IF I put my earplugs in, they are relatively new so they fit well and I fall asleep first, I have a fighting chance of a sleep.Otherwise, I'm relegated to the crap bed in the spare room if I want any shut eye.

I don't understand the speed thing either. My OH will literally fall asleep in under a second. Prodding him awake is no good, as he falls back to sleep... in under a second. Also it makes no difference if he sleeps on his back, side, front, head.... he still sounds like a freakin freight train! He can be hear through the wall and from downstairs.

We've tried nose strips and a fancy snoring appliance. Nothing works. I think it's due to weight gain, as he didn't snore like this when we first got together. Hopefully when he loses some weight it'll go back to how it was.

IF I put my earplugs in, they are relatively new so they fit well and I fall asleep first, I have a fighting chance of a sleep.Otherwise, I'm relegated to the crap bed in the spare room if I want any shut eye.

This is a total reflection of my life and I agree when I fist met my other half he didn't snore but has put on around three stone and do think this is the cause ....or maybe he did snore and I was oblivious as I was so in love I let it go lol now he lives with me every little thing he does grates on me lol .....although he denies he snores he bought some of those nose strips the other day and come home and said I've bought you a pressie ....bought me a pressie is he frigging kidding .....and the worst thing they don't work and they just fall off in the night! X

I feel your pain. My oh is terrible and will fall asleep on sofa within minutes, it's so bad I often go upstairs to watch tv as I can't bear to be in the same room! Now half the time I don't wake him as if he can't be bothered to put himself to bed when his tired I will get a decent nights sleep on my own! That sounds really mean but I am such a light sleeper and just can't sleep with that noise! It's def worse last few years as he has put weight on and he has that sleep apnea thing where he holds his breath for ages then has a massive snore! I've never known someone to sleep so much which explains why I'm often on here lol!

Dog and husband seem to hold night time snoring competitions! I don't know why but I find the dog so much less annoying lol

LISTEN UP THOUGH

One of m clients this week has told me about a special ring her friend has bought for her hubby and it has stopped him snoring! It's worn on the little finger

I googled and found a link in case anyone's interested ...

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...m_medium=cpc&gclid=CKqalsHIxMwCFbcW0wodPnQG2A

Damn shame he's just had his birthday lol

My boyfriend is terrible for snoring!! I usually have to shove him so he turns on his left side. For some reason he doesn't snore when lying on his left side. Some nights, when he's super dead tired, he raises his voice at me for telling him to move over or when I shove him. He doesn't remember a thing and I find it hilarious lol he's also a sleep Walker when stressed at work, thank God that's not often.

Along with my snoring boyfriend I have two dogs that snore like mad, so imagine my bedroom at night. Like a non stop freight train :/ I have to be asleep before them or else I get no sleep
My husband is the same! He doesn't always snore thank god, but he has "night terrors" which can be both terrifying and hilarious! He once tried to climb out of a window (not so funny), but made up for it a few weeks later, when he was jumping around the room in his pants trying to catch a fox (?) with his bare hands! God knows what was happening in his dream. He then shouts at me when I tell him to settle down or go to sleep! The other night he was lifting my arm up and down because he thought it was a wrench. Haha. I do get to hear all of his secrets too, because he chats and shouts non stop some nights. Tiring, but funny (when they aren't serious of course!)

My husband is the same! He doesn't always snore thank god, but he has "night terrors" which can be both terrifying and hilarious! He once tried to climb out of a window (not so funny), but made up for it a few weeks later, when he was jumping around the room in his pants trying to catch a fox (?) with his bare hands! God knows what was happening in his dream. He then shouts at me when I tell him to settle down or go to sleep! The other night he was lifting my arm up and down because he thought it was a wrench. Haha. I do get to hear all of his secrets too, because he chats and shouts non stop some nights. Tiring, but funny (when they aren't serious of course!)
My oh isn't as bad as this though lol poor you! I find it funny when he does his sleep walking thing. It's always about work and then I can bug him the next day. Hes a web integrator so his job is like mumbo jumbo to me, when he sleep walks he mentions little things and the next day I always mention what he said. Hes always surprised and asks how I knew that. I'll never tell him haha

My oh is such a deep breather when we are in front room watching telly I always prod him because I think he's gone to sleep and started snoring and he's actually not! I look at him in disgust sometimes when he falls asleep and next second he's snoring 1. Because I'm jealous he can fall asleep so easily and 2. Because it's usually in my favourite program of the night!

My dads been diagnosed with sleep apnoea so when I'm in bed at my mum and dads I can hear the mask he has to sleep in its worse than hearing him snoring as its constant whereas the snoring was hit and miss!

I've told my oh I'm adamant he's got the same as my dad cos he will stop breathing for seconds on end when he's asleep and it's more likely in men with a neck size of over 17!

Ladies I've discovered these. You need them, they work! You can get a box of 200 for £20 on Amazon.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463513109.593353.jpg

this is cracking me up...sorry but only because it reminds me of a tv show I watched...it was about silly 999 calls and one bloke met a girl on a night out and took her back to his, and he called 999 asking the police to come round to remove her from her property as she was snoring so loud...saying she sounded like an effing train and you could actually hear her in the background of the recording. Needless to say they didn't remove her

My cat! He has asthma and it's like sleeping with Darth Vader.

Thankfully he pops out most nights lol. Think yourselves lucky your other halves aren't bringing mice back in for you!

Yay, my cats nickname is Darth Vader as he makes a bizarre rasping type noise too. He wakes me up in the night when he wanders into the bedroom at 3am... Grr!

Thankfully my partner only snores when he's I'll which is hardly ever, I just hold his nose haha. I read the funniest thing ever
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464724334.862203.jpg

Latest posts

Back