SNS help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Natalie-

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just started doing SNS nails, however I have noticed that after I apply the gel top coat some nails arent as shiny as they should be and look a bit mattte!
What am i doing wrong? Iv tried applying thin and thick coats but it still happens to either thickness.
Any help and advice would be greatfully received!

Hi,
I have just started doing SNS nails, however I have noticed that after I apply the gel top coat some nails arent as shiny as they should be and look a bit mattte!
What am i doing wrong? Iv tried applying thin and thick coats but it still happens to either thickness.

OOOOOOHHHHHH this is happening to me too and my God there is NOTHING online about it! It used to happen to me all the time and I realised I had to use the 'sealer dry' before applying top coat and top coat needs two applications. It never happened again and my style/process has not changed and low and behold it happened to me with 4 clients in a row out of nowhere!! I tried using several different top coats thinking maybe I was using a dud one, but the next thing I am going to try is a new sealer dry - I'm wondering if I have purchased a bad batch because I cannot for the life of me work out whats happening :mad:

OOOOOOHHHHHH this is happening to me too and my God there is NOTHING online about it! It used to happen to me all the time and I realised I had to use the 'sealer dry' before applying top coat and top coat needs two applications. It never happened again and my style/process has not changed and low and behold it happened to me with 4 clients in a row out of nowhere!! I tried using several different top coats thinking maybe I was using a dud one, but the next thing I am going to try is a new sealer dry - I'm wondering if I have purchased a bad batch because I cannot for the life of me work out whats happening :mad:

Hey,

Well since posting this i spoke to someone in America. She told me im using too much sealer and not drying it enough. You then do 1 top coat thin and fast, the second thicker and slower.
It hasnt happened since so i hope it helps you as it did me

Hi,
I also just started using the SNS. The gel top coat is not that great. After it dries, it looks blotchy. I use Gelish topcoat or a brand that I truly like.

Hey,

Well since posting this i spoke to someone in America. She told me im using too much sealer and not drying it enough. You then do 1 top coat thin and fast, the second thicker and slower.
It hasnt happened since so i hope it helps you as it did me

I started having problems within the last two weeks with topcoat. The distributor suggested that I was not letting the sealer on long enough. So I started this week using less sealer on my second application (which is applied before they wash) then letting them sit for about two minutes. I'm hoping this is the problems. Guess I'll soon find out!

Moisture is a huge culprit, it will make it look more matte/chalky/hazy. The level of humidity can affect it. Also, make sure you're not applying cuticle oil til it is 100% completely dry as this will affect it too.

Moisture is a huge culprit, it will make it look more matte/chalky/hazy. The level of humidity can affect it. Also, make sure you're not applying cuticle oil til it is 100% completely dry as this will affect it too.

How long do you wait for the Gel Top to dry? It is taking me a very long time, and still drying rough/matte on most of the nails, but strangely, not all of them.

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I am experiencing the same thing.

What works for us is after filing, sealer dry let dry 30seconds then have client wash hands with soap really good and dry good as well. Top coat twice (no waving or blowing) should only take 3mins to dry

I'm having this problem too. I've been doing sns for over a year no problem to start with after about 5 months one day out of the blue the top coat wouldn't stay shiny would go Matt and chalky so I changed all of the products thinking I had a bad bath and changed to lint paper. (This was happening to my self and another girl who works with me) after struggling for over a month trying to work out what is is we started using another top coat (not as nice) I then one day I decided to try the sns top coat and worked perfectly.. another few months have gone by and we are both having the same problem again??
How can we both be doing it correct and then next minute we're both not? We work in a hair dressers I didn't know if a product was reacting with it?
Anyone still having this problem or worked out what it could be?

Hi guys,

Once you e finished and your ready to apply top coat then before you do you need to apply sealer again to all nails and then immediately wipe all nails over with a dry tissue. Then one quick layer of top coat, wait one min and then a more precise layer of top coat. Then they will be shiney.

You must dry wipe over the Nails with tissue after sealing one last time.

Hope that helps x

I started having problems within the last two weeks with topcoat. The distributor suggested that I was not letting the sealer on long enough. So I started this week using less sealer on my second application (which is applied before they wash) then letting them sit for about two minutes. I'm hoping this is the problems. Guess I'll soon find out!
Hi can I ask where you get your and supplies from please , as I'm concerned if counterfeit products once button twice she , thanks

Latest posts

Back