So angry ladies I need to vent!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I recently decided I was going do something to keep me busy, we moved to South Africa from England last march for my husbands job and I have got bored staying at home with the kiddies so I researched long and hard and found a need for lash extensions in the area I live in (I'm also a beautician but wanted something to differentiation me from everyone else as there are a lot of salons and I have no client base with being new to the area) so I spent a lot of money on a course - money which we put on a credit card because we didn't have it. The company (it's literally 1 woman and her husband) who trained me never gave me the full kit and when I mentioned it I got my head bitten off and I absolutely hate confrontation so I just left it, they trained us for 1 day and never gave us any theory ( just a booklet we was told to read through when we had left training) no case studies, we had to stick the lashes to our hand for 4 hours then we practiced on our own models for 4 hours. The teacher never did a demonstration. I left my training feeling very cheated and since then have learned more from YouTube videos, google and this site! I also only learnt the 1 technique which I didn't realise there were different kinds of lash techniques when booking the course (classic, Russian, 2-6D etc.) we wasn't advised which we was doing and I wanted to do the Russian lashes but was told I had to do the classic before I could do the Russian (this was during training when I had already paid for the course that I was told this) but then I would have to pay even more money which I refuse to do because I don't want to line those peoples pockets anymore! Anyway I left it still and thought as long as I can make the money back from doing sets of lashes to pay off the credit card all will be fine. Since then the "company" have moved to my area!!!!! Down the road from me!!! They used to be situated a 10 hour drive from me!! So they are now taking all my business because most people want the Russian volume lashes not the classic lashes which makes me so mad!!! I have people ringing me to make an appointment and then when I explain what the classic lashes are they tell me they are going to go the other place instead for the volume lashes! How can I compete with them, I'm ready to throw in the towel now or cry or maybe both. Sorry for the super long message ladies :(

Sorry posted accodentallt

Yes it is very true you do have to learn classic lashes before you can do Russian Volume but this company do not sound to professional and so maybe they are not that great at the art of application.

As you are qualified already you don't need to give them more money to train in the additional skill, maybe you should perfect your classic skills then learn russian volume from good online sources. Practice on fake lashes first to perfect your skill then on your own model, you can then offer this service your self to a higher standard and win all the customers.

Latest posts

Back