So angry with rude clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollyGold

Reaction score
Ok so I have read topics on this already but I'm so angry I need to rant.

I'm salon but also do mobile. On Monday I booked in a mobile appointment for a tan at 6pm today.

Made sure she could still have it, but got there and knocked on the door and no response. So I rang her, she picked up and it sounded like she was in a pub, as soon as I said I was outside she hung up, I called back and she hung up.

I'm so angry at how rude people are, I drove back crying.

Not only did I have to turn people down tonight due to her appointment.

I can't believe she didn't even apologise or anything.

She's had a few treatments before and no problem. But there's no way i will book her in again. That's if she had the cheek to try and book again.

I just don't get why they think it's ok to do that!

Think I'm going to just do mobile on my dead days like Monday and Tuesday as I end up loosing other people due to closing the salon.

X

I'm salon but also do mobile. On Monday I booked in a mobile appointment for a tan at 6pm today.

Made sure she could still have it, but got there and knocked on the door and no response. So I rang her, she picked up and it sounded like she was in a pub, as soon as I said I was outside she hung up, I called back and she hung up.

She's had a few treatments before and no problem. But there's no way i will book her in again. That's if she had the cheek to try and book again.

Think I'm going to just do mobile on my dead days like Monday and Tuesday as I end up loosing other people due to closing the salon.

X
From the very first time I took a deposit, this never happened to me again.
If she is cheeky enough to try and book again, tell her the new price is £10 more than the current one and she has to pay up front from now on.
Deep breath in and move on :hug:

Perhaps you should consider taking deposits when doing mobile trts. You could have it listed on your literature that it's part of your terms and conditions when visiting clients. If a client isn't happy to pay then I'd refer them to the t&c's, then the ball is in their court. If they are serious then they'd pay it.

That is so rude, I get really annoyed when clients are rude like that, when your not like it yourself and wouldnt dream of letting people down it makes you so angry.

I have a certain few clients who think its ok to turn up for appointments late, I dont mind them being a bit late but I have some who come half an hour late, im home based and I think they think its ok to do it, I need to toughen up a bit but im a right softie!

X

I feel for you!
I had a 3hr appointment on weds not answer her door, I was livid!
Funny I'm doing her daughters wedding in a few weeks!
How rude, and she never even called to apologise, so there couldn't of been an emergency.
X x

That happened to me all the time when I was freelance many moons ago lol, if you let it continue it makes you bitter like I used to be ! Then I would give them a warning and if they did it again I would strike them off, ( never return ).
I would try to get a deposit if possible but don't know how you do this when freelance without having to go to house to pick money up ?
I would explain when they book about giving you 24 hrs notice or you would charge a 50% cancellation fee ? And add this on any price list etc.

Clients need educating on how valuable our time is and it's our livelihood !

I always say to people how would you feel if you turned up for work and your boss said or not today, and you won't be getting payed. Good luck !

Thank you for your comments, its actually really upset me :(

Im just so shocked someone could do that! And hang up one me when I'm sitting out side her house.

I'm refusing to do her now, I have plenty of other clients who could of had her appointment.

Yes I might do a payment or. 50% upfront. Maybe pay though PayPal or something?

I feel for you!
I had a 3hr appointment on weds not answer her door, I was livid!
Funny I'm doing her daughters wedding in a few weeks!
How rude, and she never even called to apologise, so there couldn't of been an emergency.
X x

Not that you would do it but I wonder what she'd say if you didn't turn up for her daughters app ! X

Not that you would do it but I wonder what she'd say if you didn't turn up for her daughters app ! X

I was thinking the same lol. X

I feel for you, especially as you turned down other work!

Fortunately it hasn't happened to me (yet!) but I would think about the deposit or better still like you said limit your mobile work to when suits you.

I don't really do many Friday night appointments but have a lady once a month and she always wants a Friday but am starting to get to the point where I really shouldn't be dictated to and should just say well actually you can have Thursday as I don't work Friday evening anymore.

Core second rant of the evening, must say has been a stressful week, just need to get it all of my chest. DEEP BREATH!

X

Im just so shocked someone could do that! And hang up one me when I'm sitting out side her house.

I'm refusing to do her now, I have plenty of other clients who could of had her appointment.

Hi holly
I work mobile and i require clients to pay a 50% deposit via BACS which directly goes into my business account.
I also get them to put their full name, date of treatment and treatment on the transfer, when I look at my account I know who's paid for what etc and who has not.

I make very clear to my clients that no deposit means not treatment!

Hth
Natalie

This is my pet hate >:-|

Manners are one the only things that come free in life

It's takes what 30seconds to send a text or make a phone call, I've had it happen Afew times,the clients went in a huff when I said that next time I will take a deposit from them!!

One even told a friend of mine she won't be back as I was being in-reasonable :-0 me??? She hadn't turned up twice no phone call not text nothing.

Dont let it get u down ;-)

Xx

My first ever client did this to me :(
It is heartbreaking, but there are so many NICE people out there that make it worth it.

xx

It doesnt happen to me anymore. I always text the day before to confirm.

It doesnt happen to me anymore. I always text the day before to confirm.

I did, and it was still ok to go, guess something better came up.

Even if she forgot, to hang up on me while im sitting outside her house is rude, if she explained she forgot and said sorry, then I wouldn't be as upset.

Oh well... Like someone said, there are plenty of nice clients to make up for the rubbish ones x

Hi Holly

Im upset for you! RRRR If she had the cheek to try and book again i would really put another tenner onto the cost like someone else has suggested or like you have said not book her again!

Whenever I have a bad day/rude customer (in my office job) I go home have some chocolate and have a cuddle off my puppy who always knows when Im upset - shes actually asleep on my lap lol

Big hugs xx

Hi Holly

Im upset for you! RRRR If she had the cheek to try and book again i would really put another tenner onto the cost like someone else has suggested or like you have said not book her again!

Whenever I have a bad day/rude customer (in my office job) I go home have some chocolate and have a cuddle off my puppy who always knows when Im upset - shes actually asleep on my lap lol

Big hugs xx

My dog sleeps on me too :) she always know when I'm upset.

I told my boyfriend he didnt really understand why I was so upset. Lol but him telling me to get over it and not let it get to me actually worked lol x

I feel for you too hun, I am full time mobile and had this happen only once to me, but in my case my client was home but completely forgot and couldn't do the appointment so I had to go all the way back home when I could have done another client. I now take a deposit if it is a Saturday appointment or if a client books out quite a few treatments. You can use paypal or they can deposit it directly to your bank account.

Hope you are feeling better now, don't let it ruin your weekend. We learn from all this!

We have all been there! Unfortunately the world has a fair few selfish people. If it's a one of and a good client I let them off, if not I tell them where to go. I have a card machine but instead of deposits I explain clearly on the phone that I do not mind cancelations just let me know ASAP and just do not waste my valuable time, usually most people are decent! There needs to be a name and shame site for bad clients!

How would you take a deposit of someone when your mobile? if they live half hour away?

Latest posts

Back