So angry!...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glam Nails

Reaction score
I did a clients nails on Friday,which i got through my Facebook group. She arrived half an hour late, and insisted i finish quickly as she had to be somewhere. Did my best to prep her nails, but she kept saying: "no, it's fine, move on to the next step". I explained the importance of prep to her, but she was like:" no, i know it will be okay, i also do nails. (lol).

Sunday she sent me a sms, saying that the nails had lifted,can i remove it for her? i sent her an sms back saying that since i explained the importance of prep to her, i will have to charge her for it. She reply's back,:"no, it's okay, 6 nails has fallen off now, i'll just wait for the other 4 to fall off.

Today, she updates her status saying that i did a crap job! And all kinds of things.
This has knocked my confidence down, as i've been doing nails for only a month now. I did a lot of friends nails, & even did mine 2 weeks ago & it still looks fine.

Hey hon, dont let her knock ur confidence!! 1/ If she does Nails why didnt she do her own?? 2/ I've never known the extensions to just "fall off" without picking/ biting! 3/ If she does do nails in my opinion i would find it highly unprofessional to treat a fellow Nail Tech with the disrespect she has?! If you do other ones & ur own with no lifting problems i cant see why hers would just fall off? Did u get time to give her any prepping? Maybe in hindsight you should have refused to do them if she was'nt willing to let you do ur job properly as you said prepping is sooo important for many reasons, maybe just learn from it hon, if a client comes in asking for ur services then they need to be aware of the importance of the whole service not half & at least uv now had the "unpleasant" client experience lol, just keep doing what ur doing & you'll build up confidence again, but always do ur FULL prepping routine! Im the same as you, taken a long time to gain confidence & it does have a huge knock on effect when someone puts u down but the girls on here have encouraged me so much! Chin up & keep doing what ur doing x

Unfortunately unhappy clients always happen no matter how long you've been doing the job. Women are naturally bitchy, so you will always hear something horrible back. You just learn to take it with a pinch of salt as time goes by.

When you hear something negative back you need to focus on all the good happy clients you've got. If they're happy, you can make others happy with your work. Try not to let one unhappy person bother you.

But try to learn from this experience too. Trying to rush a job will only result in a compromise on your work which comes back on you.

If a client is half an hour late I get them to rebook. I do lash extensions, or I state I can c what I can do in the time left over, but they won't be happy with the result and they need to come back.

It's important clients know your time is as valuable as theirs. If you allow them to be late once, sometimes they get into the habit of being late thinking it's ok.

Hehe, im agreeing with Redchic, just im not so good at writing down what i mean lol, get back up & at it! x

If she knows anything at all about nails, as she says she does, she would be only too well aware that you need to do a proper prep. Combine that with turning up late and insisting on hurrying you along, it sounds like she set you up to fail so that she could give you bad rep! Far be it from me to be suspicious of her motives, though!! :hug:

I did a clients nails on Friday,which i got through my Facebook group. She arrived half an hour late, and insisted i finish quickly as she had to be somewhere. Did my best to prep her nails, but she kept saying: "no, it's fine, move on to the next step". I explained the importance of prep to her, but she was like:" no, i know it will be okay, i also do nails. (lol).

Sunday she sent me a sms, saying that the nails had lifted,can i remove it for her? i sent her an sms back saying that since i explained the importance of prep to her, i will have to charge her for it. She reply's back,:"no, it's okay, 6 nails has fallen off now, i'll just wait for the other 4 to fall off.

Today, she updates her status saying that i did a crap job! And all kinds of things.
This has knocked my confidence down, as i've been doing nails for only a month now. I did a lot of friends nails, & even did mine 2 weeks ago & it still looks fine.

I would delete her and block as well before she writes anything on your wall.At least it's only on her status so not many if any people will know who she is talking about anyway.

Some people are plain nasty,as mentioned if she had known anything about nails she wouldn't have insisted you do them without prep,having said that nobody tells me how to do my job and I would have told her if there wasn't time to do the prep I wouldn't be doing them.

I have had clients try to tell me what to do,i.e 'stick the tip halfway down the nail plate as this will make the nails stronger':eek:That was a real battle as my client argued with me for several minutes that she was used to having her enhancements done like that and it 'DID' make them stronger,I point blank refused as I knew this was untrue.Ive had other things happen too but we must remember that if anything goes wrong no matter what we will be the ones that get blamed(even when it's not our fault)
:hug:

That is plain nasty that she has put it on FB knowing that you can see it!

If she is a nail tech then how could she NOT know that prep is the important bit! Gosh i would have got so mad.

I remember one regular who started getting later and later at appointments (she said it was because of the level crossing coming down and delaying her- but she was getting worse every two weeks). Till one day she was 25 minutes late for her hour appointment, I told her i couldn't do her maintenance as i was jam packed for the rest of the day.

She demanded i do them and just not paint them, i had to try and explain she had missed almost half her appointment. Anyway she stormed out and never returned.

xx

Thanx for all your reply's.

Well, after lots of sms's and Facebook msg's, im just so down, but yet so mad. She is now claiming that she arrived on time. i asked her, that why if she is qualified would she tell me not to finish my prep & why did she not do her own nails, as i usually do my own nails?
Apparantly she just wanted to test me & see if i can do nails. I mean, come on...!!! Why would you spend money just to see if that person can do nails or not, while you can do your own???

I again told her, if she were to come in & i see that the nails really had "fallen off" as she says, i would do her nails again. No, she wants her money back, but she does'nt even come in herself. She sends some one to pick up the money, after telling me she'll make sure no one uses my services & she will make my life hell, blah, blah, blah.

Thanx for all your reply's.

Well, after lots of sms's and Facebook msg's, im just so down, but yet so mad. She is now claiming that she arrived on time. i asked her, that why if she is qualified would she tell me not to finish my prep & why did she not do her own nails, as i usually do my own nails?
Apparantly she just wanted to test me & see if i can do nails. I mean, come on...!!! Why would you spend money just to see if that person can do nails or not, while you can do your own???

I again told her, if she were to come in & i see that the nails really had "fallen off" as she says, i would do her nails again. No, she wants her money back, but she does'nt even come in herself. She sends some one to pick up the money, after telling me she'll make sure no one uses my services & she will make my life hell, blah, blah, blah.

I hope you didn't give her the money back.:eek:

Is she a working tech, by any vague chance? She sounds like she just wants to block a bit of potential competition to me, if that's the case. Could be wrong, but why else go to such lengths? Normally, if you don't like someone's work, you just don't go to them again. :hug:

well this woman sound like a very unsecure person and her work is probably not that good which is why she wanted to check you out. she has doubts that her work is not up to scratch and that her clients will realise this once they see you your work.
i know it doesnt seem like it, but this is actually a compliment, you have made her worried lol.
take everything she says with a pinch of salt and remember that bullies are ALWAYS all mouth!
chin up hun and keep going with the great work xx

Is she a working tech, by any vague chance? She sounds like she just wants to block a bit of potential competition to me, if that's the case. Could be wrong, but why else go to such lengths? Normally, if you don't like someone's work, you just don't go to them again. :hug:

I totally agree with both of Deena's posts.... it's all sounding very fishy to me.

She sounds like a nasty piece of work... It would absolutely kill me to have to refund her though:irked:

Nope, did'nt refund her. Told her since i spend my time doing her nails & she can't prove that they fell off (she does not want to come in & show me), i will not refund her!

She is working as a bank clerk. i think something is fishy too. i came to the conclusion that she just wanted her nails done for Saturday (because she had an occasion), now that the occasion is over, she can spin me into refunding her money.

She was not very happy about my not refunding her, said she'll tell all her friends,lol. As if my business success depends on her.

Now, i'm just laughing my head off...!!!

Nope, did'nt refund her. Told her since i spend my time doing her nails & she can't prove that they fell off (she does not want to come in & show me), i will not refund her!

She is working as a bank clerk. i think something is fishy too. i came to the conclusion that she just wanted her nails done for Saturday (because she had an occasion), now that the occasion is over, she can spin me into refunding her money.

She was not very happy about my not refunding her, said she'll tell all her friends,lol. As if my business success depends on her.

Now, i'm just laughing my head off...!!!

That's the spirit :)

Anyway... you don't want the likes of her OR her friends, so she's done you a favour there:lol:

The cheek!! I'd report her to Facebook!!!! x
Don't let her knock your confidence hon, she's definately trying it on!:irked:

How dare she??? First of all to say you are a nail tech and show up 1/2 hour late is just down right rude. And to expect you to finish in the amount of time left is unthinkable. Then to put pressure on you to hurry through steps shows she more than likely is not a professional nail tech. If she is why isn't she doing her own nails?

My suggestion is first of all if someone shows up 1/2 hour late, politely tell them you can't do the full service but I can do such and such. Sure it's a loss of money, but better to do that then teach them it's ok to be that late.

Not sure facebook will do much about her post unless she slanders you in some way. Not to mention they are hard to contact. Post something on yours explaining the situation, nicely of course, and what constraints you were under and how you explained to her, etc. etc.

Don't let her question your abilities and confidence. You know what you are capable of doing when someone isn't rushing you through your service because they aren't considerate of your time. :hug:

What a wierdo, i read another post about someone like this, chances are she does this kind of thing all the time.she probably has a reputation for acting like this with other situations, i would keep a print out of her convusations just incase you wamt to show some one x
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with the others, she sounds like a nasty peice of work!!! Only thing i would add is to try not to get into an argument with her on facebook, by all means defend yourself if she is insulting your work after her bad behaviour, but try to keep it professional.
Other than that, just be pleased you wont have to see her again!! :)

Don't get into a war about this. I would delete her and don't spend another minute thinking about it. Keep facebook for friends and family and not clients as it is just too convenient for trouble to occur.

Next time this happens I would let the client know that there is no way in the amount of time left for you to do the job well and re-book her. Inform them of a late fee and or missed appt fee as well before the 1st appt and it should also help deter this kind of issue. Don't let her get you down. ;)

Latest posts

Back