So ANNOYED

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You made me smile, I lived abroad for many years and had the pleasure of shocking quiet a few people, either by speaking English when they didn't know I was, Dad was Polish, mum Italian. Or because I took the trouble to learn the languge of the country.
Our nails bars are also holiwood nails. But we're now seeing quiet a few Polish ones coming in, I know nothing of how these are run, but the 3d art is amazing and it's starting to affect the Holliwood bars who only offer airbrush art. Oh, Holliwood nails also offer 10% discount to students and under 16's:eek:
Get away from the town center and there are quiet a few nail salons, who won't allow under 16's:lol:

Brilliant thread and well done to the op - but why do peeps still keep going back to these tacky places? we have one fairly near to us and it just makes me laugh "Hollywood Nails" in a Yorkshire woollen town that has a heavy Pakistani community - what!:lol:

Hi all, thanks for all your replies :)

I think the reason why these salons keep busy is because they are so much cheaper than some of the other salons, that arent NSS.. people I guess chose to put up and shut up... rather than pay the extra out.

At the end of the day, I think your not looking for a full blown convosation, but a little manners wouldnt go amiss :rolleyes:
Its down to simple etiquette.. I just hate it when you get grunted at, normally by the men- as if they think they are wild boars or something. :lol:

I just wish the public sometimes, opened their eyes- and realised that these places that do it cheaply- generally cant be using high end quality products. Hence, the nails afterwards being completed battered and ruined.
Sadly though, I think alot of the time, these places are staffed with people who dont care & dont really know what they are doing.

i completely agree with you! On bar i went to they were so rude and really hurt me from where they were chatting to each other and not concentrating whilst cutting my CUTICLES!! I swear they were cracking jokes in their own language as they kept on bursting out laughing, however dont worry i dont think people put vietnameese people down as stereotype horrible as i have been to plenty other bars where they have been as friendly to me as anything! :lol:
I think just because they are providing a cheap service to like you say other salons, they think that you get what you pay for, however this is so NOT the case! Its simple!:eek:

But thanks for the post anyway! I would sooo have loved you to have filmed that! You should go in again in disguise and film it! haha! although i guess it would be a waste of your money :rolleyes:

Best wishes to you and your baby!! :hug: xxx

Great thread, i have never been in one if these kind of salons but after doing my cousins girlfriend nails (full set of l&p) she said, omg they don't hurt! I normally have to take pain killers for a couple of days after getting my nails done!! Lol, she thought that it was normal!

Latest posts

Back