so annoyed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

debbienailz

Reaction score
hi everyone
i know some of you will be regular customers of nsi and i am not saying that their service is bad ...just that my experience with ordering from them has been so annoying .
i ordered eleven items from them on the 11 may they told me that they were low on stock on 'ONE ' item when i received my order i only got three of the eleven items ...but they had still taken payment for all items
icon_evil.gif
.i have today rung them to chase them up (over three weeks later )and they are still not in stock
icon_rolleyes.gif
and to add insult to injury they can't tell me when they will be in stock as... wait for it ...and i quote ..."they wouldn't like to let me down "i have dealt with many suppliers and have never come across such a bad service before
icon_sad.gif
i must have been spoilt in my dealings with good suppliers such as creative ...millenium ...spangles (star nails)..allthings nails..to name but a few ..
needed to vent some steam
thanks for listening
debbie

Well NSI seem ok in Ireland but I do find there shipping quite high, I once ordered something from them and they charged €7.00 for P&P and put a €0.75 stamp on the packed, I called and they said that €7.00 was the standard shipping, I'll still buy from them but nothing by mail order

lindag said:
Well NSI seem ok in Ireland but I do find there shipping quite high, I once ordered something from them and they charged €7.00 for P&P and put a €0.75 stamp on the packed, I called and they said that €7.00 was the standard shipping, I'll still buy from them but nothing by mail order
hi lindag .
i was also charged £7.50 plus vat postage and it came in a box that was huge considering the contents ...two small nail art items and a base coat....the box weighed more than the items
icon_eek.gif

debbie (who is starting to calm down
icon_redface.gif
)

bad experience with them for me too im afraid...altho i have to say it was a while ago...i placed an order, only a part of it arrived...then when the other items came in stock they TRIED to charge me postage AGAIN saying it was their policy! I have found that items are often out of stock since too ...have to say I do like some of their bits and pieces tho!

I understand completely where you`re coming from..........I used to use NSI L&P but I got fed up with the service I encountered, rn not encountered, depending which way you look at it. I waited about 6 weeks for something once and I rang them weekly to chase it up. I just don`t bother with them now which is a shame cos I do like their products but you need a company thats going to look after your needs no matter how small and 6 weeks is just not good enough in my opinion.

I'd have to say NSI in Oz are Fantastic and couldn't do enough to help me.

Jadey :)

I also haveto say up here in Scotland Liz and Toni are superb and now with the new training centre and distributor offices which have opened its great, but I can sympathise with the Mail order side, I always had problems aso would just travel over to the salon to get products otherwise I'd wait weeks, I even think they haveto wait on stock as well. Im sorry but the p&p amounts charged by these companies is OTT! I use Akzentz gel and Karen at NPB is great only charges you exactly what it costs to post a dream!

Regards
Jenny

Hi Debbie,

I too am having a NSI bad day!
I bought a new lamp from the Dublin branch on Monday evening and brought it straight into the salon to test it. When I plugged it in nothing happened.I couldnt get in on Tuesday as I was back to back.
I called them but was told that they couldnt think of anything that it could be, so this morning at the crack of dawn I drove up to them where the girl I had been speaking to had a hangover and grunted at me. She took the lamp from me and walked off leaving me in the foyer. After 20 mins she walked passed me with new bulbs in her hands - still leaving me standing there!
She finally emerged with a new lamp and said 'there this one works' She handed me the lamp minus box and said 'd'ya want the box, I cant get it back in' i told her that it was fine as I was just releaved to have the working lamp.

I've always had such good service in Manchester and am surprised that you have had your problem. The prices in Dublin, I find, are quite high but this could be due to the VAT. They never seem to have their showroom organised so I am taking my business back to Manchester!

When I part with my hard earned money I do expect alot and so do you, I'm sorry that you have had a bad experience - tell them the story next time and your order will probably fly out!

Vannessa

Me too Deb.....had a really bad experience with NSI when I bought some foil enamels from a Christmas promotions sheet. Buy 6 for £9.99 it said........I only got 4 of the six......gold and silver being the most popular(so I was told) were out of stock.
I rang and chased those two enamels up....every bloomin week and finally got em in March-April time (after Olympia anyhow!)
Keep pluggin away hun.....Im sure they will get fed up and send them to you eventually!
go get em!

I think the best way of dealing with this sort of thing is by telling the company that you are unsatisfied with their service for whatever reasons. You know the saying "If you like what we do - tell others........ If you don't - then please tell us".

I have dealt with NSI in the UK in the past and Dublin at present and have never had a problem with them. I do work quite closely with the Dublin NSI distributor (now known as N&BSI) so have made Robert Flanagan (Managing Director) aware that he had an unhappy customer this week and he has assured me he will speak to the girls about their attitude and will also phone Vannessa to apologise for their behaviour.

Overall I have found the staff at N&BSI very friendly and accomodating. They even served me the other week when I arrived at the door just as they were closing up - both girls were late for appointments, and the shop should already have been closed, but did their best to sort out my order without so much as a grumble (unless they were pulling faces at me behind my back!).

With regards to the warehouse, they are in the process of changing it around and have for some time stopped using it as a 'shop' and more as a 'stock room', so customers aren't supposed to be walking around in it anymore. :sad:

Vannessa - did we meet at the RDS last year? How did you get on with the Too Much Fun masks I gave you? Are you converted? ;)

JackieMc said:
I think the best way of dealing with this sort of thing is by telling the company that you are unsatisfied with their service for whatever reasons. You know the saying "If you like what we do - tell others........ If you don't - then please tell us".

QUOTE]
hi jackie
i have tried telling them several times that i am not happy with the service but i'm afraid it hasn't done me any good ...i also had another complaint in that two of the items i received were a new product crushed shell for nail art ...one container was about half full and the other (a different colour)only about an eighth full ...when i asked about this they said they would look into it but as yet (over three weeks )still have heard nothing ...i am in a situation where seeing as i have paid for the goods i have no choice but to sit back and wait ...for however long that may take:cry: not a situation i would like to find myself in on a regular basis so i won't be using their services again ...i will go to places who have a good customer service reputation .

is there a representative of nsi that use this forum ...maybe they could shed a little light on the problems we have been encountering :rolleyes:

Hi Debbie,

I can understand you being annoyed and frustrated - I wouldn't be too happy about being in your predicament either.

Everytime you have had contact with them - has it been on the phone? Perhaps a letter of complaint to the Managing Director of that particular distributorship would be better. I know it shouldn't be down to you to do this, but it's worth a try to get past the receptionist or whoever you have been dealing with (or have you already spoken to the 'top dog'?)

I'm not too clued up on these things, but how about the threat of getting in touch with Trading Standards....... you never know, might help them get their fingers out? If you really are unhappoy then I wouldn't let it lie, I'd keep on at them until something was done. If they can't give you a delivery date for the outstanding items for which you have paid - insist they refund your account/card until they ARE in a position to provide them.

Once you've got your order, if you really don't want to deal with them anymore, then send them a snotty letter telling them they've lost a customer and that you won't be recommending them to anyone else either! :cool:

JackieMc said:
Hi Debbie,

I can understand you being annoyed and frustrated - I wouldn't be too happy about being in your predicament either.

Everytime you have had contact with them - has it been on the phone? Perhaps a letter of complaint to the Managing Director of that particular distributorship would be better. I know it shouldn't be down to you to do this, but it's worth a try to get past the receptionist or whoever you have been dealing with (or have you already spoken to the 'top dog'?)

I'm not too clued up on these things, but how about the threat of getting in touch with Trading Standards....... you never know, might help them get their fingers out? If you really are unhappoy then I wouldn't let it lie, I'd keep on at them until something was done. If they can't give you a delivery date for the outstanding items for which you have paid - insist they refund your account/card until they ARE in a position to provide them.

Once you've got your order, if you really don't want to deal with them anymore, then send them a snotty letter telling them they've lost a customer and that you won't be recommending them to anyone else either! :cool:
thankyou jackie
i will certainly write that letter ...i have askedto speak to someone in authority but was told that i was
icon_eek.gif
as for a refund apparently this cannot be done either
icon_evil.gif
..like i said i will just have to sit back and wait and put it down to a bad experience ...
by the way ...i had a look at your website ...do you deliver across the pond
icon_cheesygrin.gif

thanks again for your suggestions
debbie

Hi Debbie,

Yes I do deliver across the pond - and delivery is as close to cost as I can 'guestimate' it at the time *LOL*

I really think you should speak to someone about that refund - like I said earlier, I'm not particularly clued up on these things, but surely they can't hold onto your money if they cannot fulfill your order within a reasonable time, especially as they are unable to give you a delivery date - perhaps someone else here knows more and can point you in the right direction. Give the CAD a ring and see how you stand. I don't know how much money is involved, but even if it is just a few pounds, it's YOUR few pounds until they can provide the goodies you ordered......... I'm getting all hot under the collar here on your behalf! :evil:

Send that letter and address it to the Managing Director and send it recorded! Say you've been as reasonable and patient as possible given the situation but if you don't receive a satisfactory reply resolving the situation within so many days (give 'em something like 7 days just to show how reasonable you are being!) you'll be passing the matter onto Trading Standards/your solicitor/ The Hulk....... etc., etc for them to pursue the matter on your behalf! Get them so damn fed up of your correspondence that they do something just to get you off their back!

Found this on the Trading Standards website......

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) I am entitled to expect goods to be delivered within a reasonable time. As it is now (put how many weeks you have waited in here) from the initial order, I feel I have been kept waiting for an unreasonable length of time. I now wish to make time of the essence of the contract. If you do not deliver the (whatever goods you bought) within ten days of the date of this letter, I will consider you to be in breach of contract. The contract will then be terminated and I will require a full and immediate refund.

Also found thislink which may be helpful, apparently there are different regulations for 'distance sales', which, if I've read it correctly, yours was if it was made by phone......

http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/guide/distsell.htm

Just call me the 'Watchdog Geek' *LMAO*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back