So annoying - people not bringing money!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHELSEAHARVEY

Reaction score
I have been going for 2.5 years & in this time have had about 6 people who turn up with no money or think I take card when I say I don't

1 person paid cheque the others have gone home & done a bank transfer as they have rushed out & forgot there money (for tans) or body wraps

Tonight a lady who I have been emailing for the past 2 weeks & said the cost & I don't have a card machine came..

She was all undressed & then said about paying do I have a card machine

She was a new client & you hear so many horror stories but all ready undressed what are you meant to do

I had someone at 9pm & allowed 1hr 45 mind for this treatment so couldn't say get dressed cash machine is 5 mins drive

It's just so annoying why do people think it's acceptable to turn up without money I always say I don't have a card machine (will def in the salon that I have opening soon)

I would never dream of going anywhere without cash or asking if they have a card machine

She is booked in for a course of 6 booked in her other 5 before she left she has my bank details so I'm hoping in the next 1/2 hour I get a text to say money is in my bank!

Same thing happens to me! I rent a beauty room and do not have a card machine. It's amazing how many people don't carry cash or even check what you accept before they book in!
I use ovatu booking system and you can set up a message that is sent out 24 hours before the appointment so you can put a reminder on about bringing cash ect.
My mam made me laugh she said to out a sign up saying something like "please don't ask for credit as a refusal often offends" haha- I'm not quite at that point..... Yet lol

Yes happens to me a lot! Annoying but thankfully there's a cash point over the road, so they usually go to the cash point and leave their bag until they get back.

Hmmmm so 45 mins since I posted this & a hour since the client left.....

Didn't want to read and run, really hope you get your money, was it a lot?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you got a tablet or smartphone? You could get them to do a paypal payment if so??

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm mobile so you'd think people would be prepared but I still get "oh iv not got the cash... Ermm... You'll follow me to the cash machine to get it won't you on the way to your next one" it's usually five/ten min in the opposite direction plus five minutes faffing!
I set up a business bank account so that clients could transfer money to avoid this and made it clear that the rule is, just like if you was paying in cash or buying from your local supermarket, the money has to be in my account before il leave their house.

For a mobile or home salon I would have cash but if I went to a salon premises then I wpuld expect to pay by card. I never have cash.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I never have cash on me and always pay by debit card because where I live we have no cash machine. BUT if I have a therapist coming to my home and I am unsure what payments they accept or if I go to a new salon like I did recently then I make sure I have the cash on me. "I normally pay by card" isn't an excuse in my book, I have booked a service so I make sure I can pay for it which ever way until I am familiar with with the place. The "Oh I presumed" people do me head in!! sorry I don't have any other advice but I hope you get paid xxx

Why would you not have a card machine in this day and age. It's paramount is it not? Mobile card devices are next to nothing to buy and can be taken anywhere.

Why would you not have a card machine in this day and age. It's paramount is it not? Mobile card devices are next to nothing to buy and can be taken anywhere.

I didn't get one of these (being mobile) because you need an internet, signal or something similar (can't remember exactly) connection and I know a handful of clients where I don't get any signal and didn't want to be prancing around the street until I got it. Also the cost I didn't want to pay until I knew my clients really wanted paying by card to be a option.
Also most people in my opinion have online banking now, and if they don't are the ones happy to pay cash anyway. :)

I agree here with Virtues. It makes smart business sense to have one and also makes you appear alot more professional.

I'd love to have a mobile card payment device but I can't rely on the signal in my area. Sometimes I have a signal other days we get no signal at all. So on days where I have no signal at all, I wouldn't be able to accept card payments. I have complained (along with many others in this area) to the mobile network but they have us over a barrel in this area as they are the only network you get a signal with... :(

If I had a better signal, I would have a mobile card payment system. For now my clients are happy to pay by cash or directly into my bank account. X

Jenny xx

Sure my other half takes card payment on his phone with a app! I'll find out x

I have an iZettle car machine, it just slots into your iPhone/ipad and possibly androids. I got mine for free but I'm not sure if they cost something now. Have a look :)
Or.....paypal is a good idea x

Have you been paid?

If any of you bank with Barclays they do an app (ping it) where you can ping money to someone just by using their mobile number!
I bank with Barclays and so does the therapist who does my nails and brows! So handy and I can do it all on my phone and its there instantly x

My fiancé has his own business and on his web page you can pay, it takes you to PayPal but gives you the option to pay with card if you don't have paypal.
Also he said few apps out now, one you plug into phone and it reads the card ect!

I sure hope you've been paid.

I've had clients not having money a couple of times but now I've got Sumup and use that. I actually take most payments by card now, it's a lot handier for me actually as I don't need to go to the bank to bank cash as often.

You initially send the client a text message and they then follow the link on the message. I sometimes just send the message to my own phone and put the details in. So you do initially need a phone signal and then a wifi signal. My home wifi is open, so clients can log in to it for ease.

Hoping you got paid in the end hun.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back